Lowest For Years - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lowest For Years

kumnio

I sincerely hope that the "oh well, at least it was better than Friday" brigade aren't out in force again tonight.

We used to very rarely lose at home and therefore a battling narrow defeat should be the absolute minimum that we should tolerate (but not "expect"). World champions or not. Tonight would have been shrugged off had we not been so hopelessly inept on Friday.

As it is, we are almost certainly out of the competition and, by definition, not even in the top 24 countries in Europe, lagging behind the Welsh, both Irelands, Iceland, Albania et al.

Embarrassing.

How are we "almost certainly out of the competition" ? That's utter nonsense. Look at it a different way and we are "almost certainly in the play offs with victory over a decent but very beatable Polish side"!!

Guess you are just a glass half empty kind of guy.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely hope that the "oh well, at least it was better than Friday" brigade aren't out in force again tonight.

We used to very rarely lose at home and therefore a battling narrow defeat should be the absolute minimum that we should tolerate (but not "expect"). World champions or not. Tonight would have been shrugged off had we not been so hopelessly inept on Friday.

As it is, we are almost certainly out of the competition and, by definition, not even in the top 24 countries in Europe, lagging behind the Welsh, both Irelands, Iceland, Albania et al.

Embarrassing.

Struggling to get the point.

How are we "almost certainly out of the competition" ? That's utter nonsense. Look at it a different way and we are "almost certainly in the play offs with victory over a decent but very beatable Polish side"!!

Guess you are just a glass half empty kind of guy.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could win our last two games and still go out.

Struggling to get the point.

The point is that a lot of people ostensibly tolerate mediocrity and that shouldn't be acceptable.

His name and year of birth give it away.

Message to the wee man : when you've followed Scotland for 20+ years, come back and give the same opinion.

I've got socks older than you.

Oh jesus if you really think the details i have given are true then your exceptionally gullible!! :lol::lol::lol: more to the point my DOB isn't on my profile so how do you come to the conclusion of my age. ]

Stop coming across as one of those wee w'nks who thinks because they have been to Scotland games for decades you can say what you want to people. Your the exact kind of people the TA doesn't need.

Edited by PaulS2014

Yes, we were beat by the world champions, but the last two games have been dire. Actually longer than that, results have papered over the cracks.

A lot of what's the fcking point feelings this week. Think it's getting too much.

you say the lowest point fur years gies a high point. The all seeing eye that you are???

you say the lowest point fur years gies a high point. The all seeing eye that you are???

Maloney's goal at Parkheid was a brilliant moment.

It's not all bad, of course, but the desperation to qualify for SOMETHING is resulting in greater frustration at the lows. We see smaller countries and inferior teams qualifying when we can't get particularly close. It's not as bad as under Burley or Levein but we are still incapable of taking that final, crucial step. That's the big dilemma. And apparent tactical/selection questions don't help matters.

Edited by thewolf_1980

Oh jesus if you really think the details i have given are true then your exceptionally gullible!! :lol::lol::lol: more to the point my DOB isn't on my profile so how do you come to the conclusion of my age. ]

Stop coming across as one of those wee w'nks who thinks because they have been to Scotland games for decades you can say what you want to people. Your the exact kind of people the TA doesn't need.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your nails you kid, even though I have socks older than you, I will bow down to you.

#nailsbeforepuberty

Maloney's goal at Parkheid was a brilliant moment.

It's not all bad, of course, but the desperation to qualify for SOMETHING is resulting in greater frustration at the lows. We see smaller countries and inferior teams qualifying when we can't get particularly close. It's not as bad as under Burley or Levein but we are still incapable of taking that final, crucial step. That's the big dilemma. And apparent tactical/selection questions don't help matters.

I must admit, the thought of being the only 'home nation' not to qualify does stick in my craw.

Next summer could be a long, particularly irritating one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your nails you kid, even though I have socks older than you, I will bow down to you.

#nailsbeforepuberty

Oh look at you thinking your elite because you have been going to games for years. Doesn't make you superior to anyone else except in your tiny little mind. Just remember the internet is a place where you have no idea who you are talking to you clown.

Oh look at you thinking your elite because you have been going to games for years. Doesn't make you superior to anyone else except in your tiny little mind. Just remember the internet is a place where you have no idea who you are talking to you clown.

Who thinks I'm elite ? Just because I have 20 points doesn't make me Elite.

You have no idea of who I am or what I do. I have friends in very dangerous places. I deal with major not minor threats. I can make a man with no teeth talk. Remember, you reap what you sow and my socks need done.

A particular set of skills are required to be an Internet hard man and my fingers go like the clappers.

Try and beat me.

Who thinks I'm elite ? Just because I have 20 points doesn't make me Elite.

You have no idea of who I am or what I do. I have friends in very dangerous places. I deal with major not minor threats. I can make a man with no teeth talk. Remember, you reap what you sow and my socks need done.

A particular set of skills are required to be an Internet hard man and my fingers go like the clappers.

Try and beat me.

"I have friends in very dangerous places" hahaha wow could you come across as anymore of a ? I highly doubt it, you know what, I'm actually going to take a screen shot of your list as its an absolute all time classic. I seriously hope your on the wind up because if your not then you have some serious issues ?????

"I have friends in very dangerous places" hahaha wow could you come across as anymore of a ? I highly doubt it, you know what, I'm actually going to take a screen shot of your list as its an absolute all time classic. I seriously hope your on the wind up because if your not then you have some serious issues ?????

Me...serious as they come.

My friend works in a kitchen and cut his finger on a piece of cucumber. He didn't cry. He simply put on an Elastoplast and got on with life. He is that dangerous, it makes me glad that he is my friend.

Another one once stood in the cold water at Saltcoats until his nipples went hard. Did he cry...no... he rubbed them until they calmed down, put in his t-shirt on and calmly walked away...despite this elderly gentleman walking his dogs nearby.

Dangerous as you get I say.

Edited by jock strap

Me...serious as they come.

My friend works in a kitchen and cut his finger on a pice of cucumber. He didn't cry. He is dangerous and makes me glad he is my friend.

Another one once stood in the cold water at Saltcoats until his nipples went hard. Did he cry...no he rubbed them until they calmed down, put in his t-shirt on and calmly walked away...despite this elderly gentleman walking his dogs nearby.

Dangerous as you get I say.

That's bugger all. I know a guy who once showered in Dundee.