Wales - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wales

macy37

We need to find some Scottish Grandparents then.

Why are the players who are developed at English clubs not progressing? Loads must be tossed away by the age of 19?

Josh McEachran (Chelsea), Todd Kane (Chelsea), Cameron Stewart (Ipswich) - are all eligible for Scotland, despite being born in England.

What happens is the big clubs sign younger players when they're at smaller clubs and never play them - so they don't develop and they usually end up playing in the lower leagues.

Imagine how good we will be when Celtic and Rangers make the move.

Been a while since the Record ran that exclusive :)

The money in England has to dry up eventually. Hopefully that will draw more money into the Scottish game, as our league might be able to retain some of our better players if/when that happens.

It's not showing any sign of drying up soon going by the last transfer window. The top clubs actually seem to be managing their budgets better...

It's not showing any sign of drying up soon going by the last transfer window. The top clubs actually seem to be managing their budgets better...

I'm thinking more along the lines of people stop paying for Sky/BT Sport - so the TV companies can't afford to keep putting the same amount of money in. Starting a cycle of reducing wages, meaning that top players leave the EPL, meaning TV money is less.

I hope the bubble bursts in the near future...

I'm thinking more along the lines of people stop paying for Sky/BT Sport - so the TV companies can't afford to keep putting the same amount of money in. Starting a cycle of reducing wages, meaning that top players leave the EPL, meaning TV money is less.

I've started the ball rolling today!

Binned it, android box is superb! Saving £831 a year, small change I know but it's a start.

Nice gesture but pretty futile. The vast majority of EPL TV money comes from abroad, the far east in particular.

Not sure what circumstances would dictate a huge drop in those contributions?...

I think a British league would be a massive help to our dying game. Lets not kid ourselves, everything changed in 1992 with sky tv money. Any semblance of us competing at a european level disappeared then. When clubs like southampton are becoming bigger than celtic and rangers we need to take a long look. In an ideal world i would keep a scottish league but it isnt, so would sacrifice my ideals to have our club teams get access to decent money and compete on a uk basis, maybe keeping the scottish cup. I appreciate that this might give fifa more ammunition for a 'team gb' situation so that wold need resolution. Im sick of our club teams being out of europe before the postcards are home from holiday.

Fair enough.... If you look at it fom a purely scottish perspective then thats fine. I wouldn't be expecting dundee, or any other of our clubs to be troubling the later stages of europe. The vast majority of scottish premier clubs would struggle to make it in the english championship.

It's the fact we have an easy rich English speaking league for our players to go to an make a good crust. Is there any way we can blame them.

Same is happening in South America with the bulk of their best players going traditionally to Spain or Italy. The EPL is now becoming more and more attractive.

J