Did Anyone Do A Head Count - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Did Anyone Do A Head Count

tam4ritchie

No problem for folk with home tickets to get in the away end, so who knows? Electronic ticket recognition though so harvesters who didn't pass their tickets to needy real fans could be in trouble.

Still doesn't prove you didn't go. Easy excuse to say your ticket wouldn't scan & you were let through. One of our tickets didn't work at the Poland friendly & they just let us all in through a side gate.

Still doesn't prove you didn't go. Easy excuse to say your ticket wouldn't scan & you were let through. One of our tickets didn't work at the Poland friendly & they just let us all in through a side gate.

Add the fact that when a group order tickets they are not given out in any kind of order, so no idea who used what ticket

There was us thinking we only had 1,200-ish. A local came up to us after the game... "Everywhere i look i see Scotland, there must be 10k of you!!"

Locals thought we had the biggest away support that has travelled to Tbilisi. Even without the Harvesters attending :P

Was hard to get a clear picture, as were we sat down by the corner there was a gap that anyone could walk through from the home section.... noticed a number of guys in Mexico shirts just walked through.... also a fair number of Georgian flags went up in the away end when Georgia scored.

Was funny when a girl walked in to our section wearing a 4/5 year old Rangers top and could not understand why she was getting "boo'd" and banter directed her way.... was only when she turned around to show that it had Arveladze on the back it clicked that she was Georgian.

Edited by wanderer

Was hard to get a clear picture, as were we sat down by the corner there was a gap that anyone could walk through from the home section.... noticed a number of guys in Mexico shirts just walked through.... also a fair number of Georgian flags went up in the away end when Georgia scored.

Was funny when a girl walked in to our section wearing a 4/5 year old Rangers top and could not understand why she was getting "boo'd" and banter directed her way.... was only when she turned around to show that it had Arveladze on the back it clicked that she was Georgian.

Same thing happened on the same street as the KGB bar. A boy with a real Rangers top came down, at first he looked proud as punch expecting a warm welcome but as soon as he was spied he was hounded and after about 20feet you could see he changed his mind too just get the heid doon and get out of here

Same thing happened on the same street as the KGB bar. A boy with a real Rangers top came down, at first he looked proud as punch expecting a warm welcome but as soon as he was spied he was hounded and after about 20feet you could see he changed his mind too just get the heid doon and get out of here

The Georgian guy walkin down with his mrs/bird on same street with the England top on the day of the game obviously he had woken up that day thinking I'll through that top on not realising that the TA was in town was hilarious even his mrs/ bird was laughing good banter as usual well done lads that's why we are welcomed everywhere

Edited by jcs

I think i heard that the lassie was Shotta's niece.. or maybe that was the drink from my trip on HMS Loony Alba..

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

I think i heard that the lassie was Shotta's niece.. or maybe that was the drink from my trip on HMS Loony Alba..

She was wearing a blue tartan kilt/skirt.... we actually thought she was Scottish at first, and she did walk into the Scotland end with this look on her face of being proud and almost "I am one of you!"......

She then started flirting with a group of guys who were sitting on the wall watching the match and taking some photo's, then just walked off.... she did seem to be really proud of the shirt.

Witnessed that at the KGB bar as well.

Total bangers booing the lad., no need for it.

Edited by rossh

She was wearing a blue tartan kilt/skirt.... we actually thought she was Scottish at first, and she did walk into the Scotland end with this look on her face of being proud and almost "I am one of you!"......

She then started flirting with a group of guys who were sitting on the wall watching the match and taking some photo's, then just walked off.... she did seem to be really proud of the shirt.

She watched the 2nd half next to us in the front row in the home end at the 1/2 way line behind the 2 saltines,nice enough lassie sure she said she was related to Arveladze

Saw that. I assumed he wasn't to know the baggage that that top would bring. Felt a bit harsh IMHO.

J

When he get past the row of bars up to where the mad wifie was throwing water, a fella in a Scotland top and kilt stood up, shook the Rangers-top wearing Fella's hand, kissed him on both cheeks and gave the vicky to those that had booing. Everybody laughed.

Guess you missed that bit.

Saw that. I assumed he wasn't to know the baggage that that top would bring. Felt a bit harsh IMHO.

J

When he get past the row of bars up to where the mad wifie was throwing water, a fella in a Scotland top and kilt stood up, shook the Rangers-top wearing Fella's hand, kissed him on both cheeks and gave the vicky to those that had booing. Everybody laughed.

Guess you missed that bit.

J

The lad was clearly Georgian, not that it should make any diiference.

Edited by rossh

The lad was clearly Georgian, not that it should make any diiference.

Oh yes, I assumed that. Saw similar but the other way round in Kaunus back in 2006. Lithuanian lad with a Celtic top getting rocks off a completely coonted Scotland fan (presume Rangers). His mates were holding him back. Thought that was extremely poor form at the time.

Thing was the Celtic top sporting Lithuanian was built like a brick shit house. Must have been a bouncer by profession. The Scottish lad would have gotten his teeth in his hands if he had managed to land a blow on him.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby