Scott Brown - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scott Brown

Rossy

The goal we conceded (although a decent finish) followed a familiar pattern where we failed to clear our lines. As I recall it one of our players headed it up in the air and with three of our players in the vicinity the Georgian player picked it up, no challenge as such came in and he got time to settle and get a shot away. Bad goal to concede for a number of obvious reasons.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the merits of Brown's comments that is immaterial to me.

However, looking at him as a player in our side and I will confidently say that he has been rank in four of our last five matches. Last night he was ineffective. Against Ireland he was awful and likewise he failed to even shine V Gibraltar. He had a 'mare in the friendly against England and remember the talk was that he (and rest of the team) was knackered from the Ireland game (his last acceptable performance for us). We need more creativity in midfield - that was blatantly obvious last night. Brown is out of form and would prefer he was dropped until he can rediscover form.

A thread on Scott Brown and nobody has mentioned the drunk in the gutter with a pizza incident. He probably needs to ask himself if he has really committed himself to being as good a player as he could have been when he left Hibs 8 years ago.

Edited by fraz65

i know some Celtic fasn are having a go at me for starting this thread, but my comments are borne out of the frustration of watching the player who should be the leader of the team disappear completely during big games.

Brown's always been one of my favourite players over the last 5 years or so in a Scotland shirt. However, as with Celtic in Europe, when Brown should be driving the team on, he hides.

As pointed out above, it's as if he simply stopped improving about 3 years ago. It looks like the Scottish Premiership is his comfort zone, and he's happy with that.

Brown's had two massive games this season.....Malmo away and Georgia away...and he's been beyond hopeless, in fact, he's hidden in both games.

The act of a leader ?

He's great though, at the knee high tackles against Dundee United and the chest strutting when he taps one in against Aberdeen.

My hero.

You sound more like a bitter Aberdeen fan rather than a disappointed Scotland fan to be honest.

If brown was good, he wouldn't be at Celtic. With the money down south and he's never even linked to anyone, should tell you plenty. Strachan won't drop him as would have the Scottish media on his back.

If folk don't like morrison, start a thread about him that reverting to whataboutery to defend brown. Morrison bei g poor doesn't make browns performances any better.

I hate knee-jerk, over-the-top reactions to one performance or result but I have been meaning to start a thread entitled 'Is Scott Brown a bell-end?' for a few weeks now. I'll post my thoughts here instead.

I think the guy may be a complete bell-end. Both of Celtic's Champions League opponents made comments after the match about Brown's aggravating and to be honest bizarre behaviour of laughing in players' faces when they misplaced passes. If one team had said it I'd have taken it with a pinch of salt but it's too much of a coincidence for both teams to have said it. It's something you'd expect from a bullying child with ADHD, not a 30-year-old international captain.

At age 20, the mischievous 'Broonie' character was fine, at 30 and as captain of his national side it just looks pathetic. As someone else has mentioned, the incident in Edinburgh when he was drunk and slumped in the street, again not international captain behaviour.

I remember seeing a video the Supporters Club emailed us a wee while ago, I think it was a Christmas quiz between Scott Brown and Ikechi Anya, I don't know if any of you saw this? I remember watching it and I don't know what the SFA were hoping to achieve by emailing us the video but what I took away from the video was the feeling that the captain of our international side is a bit of a bell-end. The sort of guy you wouldn't want to have a conversation with.

You only have to look at previous captain Darren Fletcher as an example of how a captain - or any professional player, certainly international player - should conduct themself.

Before the Georgia game I would have expected replies of 'I don't care if Scott Brown is a bell-end because he is a good player.' What are people's opinions now? Does he come across as a really dislikeable character to you as well?

Edited by dohadeer

I hate knee-jerk, over-the-top reactions to one performance or result but I have been meaning to start a thread entitled 'Is Scott Brown a bell-end?' for a few weeks now. I'll post my thoughts here instead.

I think the guy may be a complete bell-end. Both of Celtic's Champions League opponents made comments after the match about Brown's aggravating and to be honest bizarre behaviour of laughing in players' faces when they misplaced passes. If one team had said it I'd have taken it with a pinch of salt but it's too much of a coincidence for both teams to have said it. It's something you'd expect from a bullying child with ADHD, not a 30-year-old international captain.

At age 20, the mischievous 'Broonie' character was fine, at 30 and as captain of his national side it just looks pathetic. As someone else has mentioned, the incident in Edinburgh when he was drunk and slumped in the street, again not international captain behaviour.

I remember seeing a video the Supporters Club emailed us a wee while ago, I think it was a Christmas quiz between Scott Brown and Ikechi Anya, I don't know if any of you saw this? I remember watching it and I don't know what the SFA were hoping to achieve by emailing us the video but what I took away from the video was the feeling that the captain of our international side is a bit of a bell-end. The sort of guy you wouldn't want to have a conversation with.

You only have to look at previous captain Darren Fletcher as an example of how a captain - or any professional player, certainly international player - should conduct themself.

Before the Georgia game I would have expected replies of 'I don't care if Scott Brown is a bell-end because he is a good player.' What are people's opinions now? Does he come across as a really dislikeable character to you as well?

i actually dont mind that if its going to put the opponent off their game, and obviously did if they thought to go crying to newspapers

To me it seems undeniable. He has been rank rotten now for four out of our last five matches. The silence of Celtic supporters leaping to dispute that says it all. I honestly don't see him being dropped for a game as massive as the Germany game as he is still in the side by reputation alone. A reputation based on form from a year or more ago and because he is skipper playing for a team deemed big. Sadly, as is the case with Griffiths up front I am not sure McArthur is the answer and Darren Fletcher's better years for us seem long in the past.

Brown used to/ is still a decent player but he needs to stop pretending he is john Wayne.strip of the captaincy and drop him for a game.

Edited by allyc

Brown was poor in Tbilisi but nothing compared to Morrison. He received so many balls in space between midfield and defence but was so slow to turn with it the midfield had all got back. I'd keep Brown but have McArthur or Mulgrew in. Griffiths for Fletcher too and that's about as much as I'd change it.

Brown was poor in Tbilisi but nothing compared to Morrison. He received so many balls in space between midfield and defence but was so slow to turn with it the midfield had all got back. I'd keep Brown but have McArthur or Mulgrew in. Griffiths for Fletcher too and that's about as much as I'd change it.

Morrison was played completely out of position - he should be playing directly behind the striker. Can you imagine the outcry if Naismith was selected to play centre mid?

Griffiths is out of his depth at that level. I know we don't have many options. We all thought Rhodes would be the man for years to come but Strachan obviously doesn't. Maybe if Rhodes moves to the spl and scores by the dozen against pish like m/well and killie( no offence ) he will get a game.

Griffiths is out of his depth at that level. I know we don't have many options. We all thought Rhodes would be the man for years to come but Strachan obviously doesn't. Maybe if Rhodes moves to the spl and scores by the dozen against pish like m/well and killie( no offence ) he will get a game.

No, Rhodes cannot play as a lone striker in Strachan's system - that be the reason he doesn't get a game

Morrison was played completely out of position - he should be playing directly behind the striker. Can you imagine the outcry if Naismith was selected to play centre mid?

The point is, he kept finding himself in that Number 10 role beyond the midfield. Some great balls were played through to him but he turned slower than my gran (she's 88) he was in acres of room but didn't look up and was too busy trying to pass back or sideways instead of turning and getting at the back 4.

Strachan will have to change his system now and again.

Good point.

Aside from the fact that every Scotland player on Friday turned in a brutal performance, they weren't helped by Strachan's inaction when it was obvious that things were going t1ts up (from around the 25th minute onwards).

The 25th minute was around the point that Georgia had a constant 5 minutes of possession without a Scotland player getting near the ball.

It only got worse from there on in, yet Strachan did nothing to change tactics or formations until around the 60th minute.

No Plan B. We barely had a Plan A in fact.

Exactly Rossy. I made this point time and again yesterday. We are competent with a counter-attacking game plan but put us in the position of trying to break down teams that sit deep and it appears to me that Strachan has no plan. That must change. Thankfully, for the next two games the old tried and trusted Plan A may suffice.

Edited by Caledonian Craig