Wedding Favours - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wedding Favours

Instead of flowers I baked cupcakes as centre pieces and made tablet (managed to find a Han Solo in carbonite mould....), coconut ice and fudge. A packet of sweetie shop bags and some wee Broon paper carrier bags along with a donation to our favourite charity. Went down a treat with the guests who all went home with a sugar rush. We over catered with the evening buffet and that got cleared also. No waste..... and a fabulous day and night.

Instead of flowers I baked cupcakes as centre pieces and made tablet (managed to find a Han Solo in carbonite mould....), coconut ice and fudge. A packet of sweetie shop bags and some wee Broon paper carrier bags along with a donation to our favourite charity. Went down a treat with the guests who all went home with a sugar rush. We over catered with the evening buffet and that got cleared also. No waste..... and a fabulous day and night.

:ok:

bunch of bufties, all you should be thinking about is that its the one night you will be guaranteed your Nat King.

I was about as far from getting my nat on my wedding night as I've ever been in my life!! 2 of us were absolutely shattered by the end of the day and all I wanted was my scratcher! You've got a honeymoon for all that other nonsense!

When I was a kid at most weddings in 70s / 80s was usually a Barney / fight of some sort

( festering family feuds ; pissed aunties ; uncles who thought they were still in national service after a few Grouses etc)

Wedding in Stonehaven in mid 80s was embarrassed to see my childhood idol King Joey involved in a drunken stramash , with his kids running after him