Waiting List - Page 4 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Waiting List

washboarder

Well, one more ticket freed up :-( Wife was admitted to hospital on Monday and, although she is making steady progress, I gave in and let SFA know I'm not going to make it. Gutted is an understatement. Georgia is my favourite ever destination and, a couple of years ago, I was back visiting friends I made in 2007. I had made arrangements to meet them again but had to cancel

The wife said I should head over on my own (we were going to her parents in Lithuania then I was making my own way to Tbilisi and meeting my usual crew over there) but, to be fair, she had been on morphine at the time ;-)

Have a ball everyone. If you are there for a few days, I suggest you take the chair lift up the mountain. There's a braw wee bar up there next to a mountain lake which is good. And the view is awesome.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens in the scenario where you've not been called at random and something crops up late on that stops you from travelling but you still want to do the honourable thing and free up your ticket??

If it's late on its a bit tight to send it back to the SSC I'd've thought

What happens in the scenario where you've not been called at random and something crops up late on that stops you from travelling but you still want to do the honourable thing and free up your ticket??

If it's late on its a bit tight to send it back to the SSC I'd've thought

And the honourable thing then gets you put on the SSC shit list and you have to collect for the next three games and have a black mark on your membership.

Not really an attractive option TBH.

J

Repeat offenders who've called off after having been requested for pick up are receiving them.

I wasn't asked to collect in Slovenia or Croatia but had I been I wouldn't have been able to as I was in hospital both times. Slovenia game I was taken in two days before suffering with severe heart failure. Croatia game I got a couple of weeks notice I was going to be taken in ( on the day of Croatia game ) to have a stent put in, so I cancelled my ticket. Last Thursday I received a letter informing me I had appointment for electrocardiogram. I cancelled appointment as it was just routine. Had it not been I'd have had to cancel Georgia. Now I know there are people at it, I also know I am not. But the sfa have no way of knowing, and without giving them access to my medical records, I have no way of proving that. Be a bit harsh for me to get kicked out don't you think?

And the honourable thing then gets you put on the SSC shit list and you have to collect for the next three games and have a black mark on your membership.

Not really an attractive option TBH.

J

Nonsense, there's no way they are going to do that if you've not been asked to collect and you send it back.

I wasn't asked to collect in Slovenia or Croatia but had I been I wouldn't have been able to as I was in hospital both times. Slovenia game I was taken in two days before suffering with severe heart failure. Croatia game I got a couple of weeks notice I was going to be taken in ( on the day of Croatia game ) to have a stent put in, so I cancelled my ticket. Last Thursday I received a letter informing me I had appointment for electrocardiogram. I cancelled appointment as it was just routine. Had it not been I'd have had to cancel Georgia. Now I know there are people at it, I also know I am not. But the sfa have no way of knowing, and without giving them access to my medical records, I have no way of proving that. Be a bit harsh for me to get kicked out don't you think?

Did you return your ticket or harvest?

Yes. You said you cancelled Croatia... The others?

What others? You mean Slovenia? That's right I told the doctor ( after just being told I was suffering from severe heart failure ), I can't let you admit me until I call the sfa. The " other " would have been this weeks game, had my appointment for an electrocardiogram been anything to do with blood tests I had recently. But it's just routine so I will be there.

canny believe that you are justifying your self to folk on here you had heart attack and this guy wants to know what you did with your ticket unbe leaveible anyway mate have a good time in Georgia and here's to your health

I wasn't trying to justify it, just showing there can be genuine reasons for not going. If I'd have been asked to collect in Slovenia I couldn't and without giving them access to medical records, according to some that would have been strike one. Collection for x amount of games, Croatia would have been strike two and had I not been able to attend this week, strike three. I posted about my own situation to show it's not as clear cut as you think.

I wasn't trying to justify it, just showing there can be genuine reasons for not going. If I'd have been asked to collect in Slovenia I couldn't and without giving them access to medical records, according to some that would have been strike one. Collection for x amount of games, Croatia would have been strike two and had I not been able to attend this week, strike three. I posted about my own situation to show it's not as clear cut as you think.

This is what people fail to understand. There can be many reasons for people buying tickets, fully intending to travel, then not making the game and it can easy happen more than once. Yours is just one example I'm sure there are plenty others.

I'm really not convinced harvesting is that much of a problem that the SFA need to go demanding people's medical records to prove they had genuine reasons for not collecting. It's a football team supporters' club for goodness sake not the DWP! If someone tells the SFA they had a good and genuine reason for not being able to travel then that really should be good enough.

I'm all for terminating memberships in cases where harvesters are proven to be systematically and regularly abusing the system but is it really so much of a problem anyway? Does anyone know of any serial harvesters who are regularly abusing the system to get tickets for the big popular matches where zero/single pointers never got a chance of a ticket? If so then name and shame them cos that's the best way of bringing them to the attention of the SFA or SSC.

If Tam had been asked to collect on those occasions and had his membership terminated would that have made all the complainers happy?

We're all travelling to support Scotland in good numbers, whether now and again or regularly. Surely that's what matters most? Let's stop worrying about the odd muppet scamming an extra point or two especially when around 18 out of our last 20 odd games went to zero points and pretty much everyone who really wanted a ticket would've got one. I'm not convinced there's that much to be gained by harvesting.

Here's to your health Tam, hope you're keeping well now and enjoy your trip to Georgia!

Edited by DaveyDenoon

listen, when you get to your forties , like Tam and myself, health shit kicks in and when you are wired up in A&E contactlng ssc is not at forefront of your thoughts.

Absolutely.

I'm nervous booking my flights more than a month ahead these days and I never buy green bananas any more.

If I book and can't travel then it would need to be something serious. Serious enough that worrying about proving myself to be a non harvester would be quite far removed from my immediate priorities.

I was fully booked to go to Florida 3 years ago (flights and hotel) for our friendly against the USA. I was rushed into hospital about a week before I was due to fly for a double heart bypass.

My mate contacted SFA who fully understood the situation. But to be honest, at that time 'harvesting' a ticket was the least o' ma phuqqen worries.

Now back on 10pts and heading to Tbilisi tonite.

As for the operation, the double heart bypass ended up as a triple bypass. Apparently the hospital I was in had a special offer that month,.... Buy two, get one free