Scotland Players And Their Shenanigans - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players And Their Shenanigans

Ormond

Reading the Allan McGregor topic got me thinking. He is known for his shagging and that infamous bevvygate episode so it got me wondering about how many cracking tales can we come up with about past and present Scotland players and bawbaggery/tom foolery.

Stories from Jimmy Johnstone out to sea in his rowing boat to Willie Johnstone and his drug cheating. Even stories about shaggers like McAvennie will do.

Back in the jock stein era at Celtic they were staying at the seamill hydro in preparation for a big game. Now big jock was very strict and wanted the players in bed early. As you can guess certain players decided to sneak out and up to a pub just up the road. Once they finally got back to the hotel jock was waiting for them and grabbed the ring leader by the scruff of the neck and ran him through to the pool where he launched said played, fully clothed, into the deep end and turned and asked who was going in next. The rest of the players decided discretion was the better part of valid and dissapered to there rooms. Breakfast the next morning was a rather qiet affair as I'm sure you can imagine

Mcavennie, numerous im sure but this is hillarious....

"HMRC discovered £200,000 — half of it McAvennie’s cash — in a Land Rover at Dover Docks. To his astonishment, former business partner Alan Short stood up in court and claimed the cash was an investment in a cargo ship designed to retrieve sunken treasure.

Customs and Excise suspected otherwise, the cash was impounded and McAvennie was left potless. "