Sea Of Yellow At Wembley? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sea Of Yellow At Wembley?

Sempre

Cant undetstand all the negativity posted.

I personally think this is agreat idea.

The dutch wear orange and their fans stand out due to the colour.

Yellow would do this for us.

The tamb facebook page was really positive. I can only assume because people are using tamb nicknames they feel its ok to post negative comments.

Maybe because Sweden are famed for the sea of yellow. Blue is our colour

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in favour of this idea (don't like waving royal flags of any kind - I think it makes us look subservient) but also not in favour of some of the hamish husband bashing that goes on.

Never met him (well probably have umpteen times on drunken trips) but he comes across well. The spokesman thing seems to be driven more by the way the media works than anything.

I'm not in favour of this idea (don't like waving royal flags of any kind - I think it makes us look subservient) but also not in favour of some of the hamish husband bashing that goes on.

Never met him (well probably have umpteen times on drunken trips) but he comes across well. The spokesman thing seems to be driven more by the way the media works than anything.

Voting NO on september 18th 2014 made us look subservient !!!! - Waving a "royal flag" as its been called on here is nothing compared to that.

The Lion Rampant is the standard for the king of Scots and was used to great affect at Bannockburn , basically to rally the troops .

I visited wembley during the 70's and the main flag was the lion rampant and yes you did get your feet covered in pish but there was no better feeling than sitting in trafalgar square after and washing your feet in the fountains with your lion rampant wrapped round your shoulders.

Voting NO on september 18th 2014 made us look subservient !!!! - Waving a "royal flag" as its been called on here is nothing compared to that.

The Lion Rampant is the standard for the king of Scots and was used to great affect at Bannockburn , basically to rally the troops .

I visited wembley during the 70's and the main flag was the lion rampant and yes you did get your feet covered in pish but there was no better feeling than sitting in trafalgar square after and washing your feet in the fountains with your lion rampant wrapped round your shoulders.

:ok:

A mixture of saltires and lion rampants looks great if you ask me. The yellow and blue is a fantastic mix and does stand out.

For me its the red Red and yellow as well as the Blue and white that looks good. The more flags the better.

Why are folk jumping to conclusion that it is the Lion Rampant flag they are talking aboot? I thought they were talking aboot SNP flags.

Because I don't remember a sea of SNP flags at Wembley in the old days. So recreating those days would suggest lion rampants.

Cant undetstand all the negativity posted.

I personally think this is agreat idea.

The dutch wear orange and their fans stand out due to the colour.

Yellow would do this for us.

The tamb facebook page was really positive. I can only assume because people are using tamb nicknames they feel its ok to post negative comments.

I never seen it on the Facebook page.

If I did,I would say the same thing.

It's a ridiculous idea.

We don't wear yellow.

It doesn't really represent us at all.

I will wear ma Scotland tap & kilt wae pride (Nae feathers), have drink before & after, have a great time wae friends auld & new. Most importantly sing ma wee heart oot to support ma team, if everyone done this there is Nae need fer these lets make a statement pash. Mon the country!! That is all ?

I wouldn't wave a royal flag for a scots king, an english king or any king.

It's 2015.