Sir Fanny Alexander - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest flumax

We should all war black armbands on September 18th. The day our would be country turned its back on a fairer future.

not looking forward to 24th March.

At least we don't have a 22/07 (wiki tells be that's the day at of union agreed) celebration day.

Edited by flumax

but turnedit down seemingly, he's gone up in my estimation by a gnats hair

Where you seeing that? Nothing coming up about him turning it down.

They ask in advance wether you'd accept it then it's made public. So ones who turn it down it isn't made public. Looks to me like he's accepting it.

I did read he was considering standing again in the future. So maybe that's why he rejected a peerage. Would love him to stand in Inverness again next year, can't see it though, too far from his comfort base in London.

But being knighted? On what basis and merit?

Edited by iainmac1

Completely wrong that these politicalfailures who have been consciously and decisively rejected by voters should be able to crawl back unelected and have any say in the running of the country that rejected them. You can make a case for a second chamber but not when it's packed full with failed MPS and people who've all but bought a place.

• 3 weeks later...

He declined the peerage

He must have done that by accident then, because there is no way I can see, that wee crawling toady faced kvnt, would have given up the chance to sit in the house of Lords, with his bestest pals in the whole wide world, Lord Darling of Bitterness, and Lady Mone of Chlamydia.