Acting - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been approached to do a bit of acting. Starting off doing 'extras' for tv / film, but the guy says it could lead to more.

Noo, before you all pish yirsels laughing, has anyone done it? Any good?

my mate was an extra in saving private ryan. didnt lead to any further acting but he loved every minute.

I've been approached to do a bit of acting. Starting off doing 'extras' for tv / film, but the guy says it could lead to more.

Have never acted - I think the general rule of thumb is to ask yourself carefully whether the role you're up for really requires you to remove your boxers during the 'audition'.

As long as the guy doesn't start asking you to pay for admin charges or promotional photos, then it's probably OK to go ahead. I'm sure there was a bloke featured recently who'd pretty much made a career of appearing as an extra in Scottish TV programmes. I think it would be a lot of fun. Have been in the audience in quite a lot of TV programmes thanks to my mum working for the BBC when I was growing up and, of course, spoke in the BBC Tartan Documentary when they filmed in the Iron Horse but haven't taken on any acting parts.

Krypton factor was totally fixed. My button didn't work in the general knowledge round at the end - or maybe I was just too slow. Assault course was great fun though . Gordon Burns who presented it - absolutely top bloke.

Krypton factor was totally fixed. My button didn't work in the general knowledge round at the end - or maybe I was just too slow. Assault course was great fun though . Gordon Burns who presented it - absolutely top bloke.

I like Gordon Burns as well - especially disappointing he was in on it.

Jack Gates in Family Affairs. Got bumped off just before the Harts when the ratings were crap.

Tom King in Emmerdale - Carl cracked me on the head & lobbed me out a window.

Don't tread the boards these days though.

I'm not surprised if they wack you on the head, throw you out of windows and kill you.

Jack Gates in Family Affairs. Got bumped off just before the Harts when the ratings were crap.

Tom King in Emmerdale - Carl cracked me on the head & lobbed me out a window.

Don't tread the boards these days though.

What was the horse racing one you were in?