Best / Worst Possible Draw - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best / Worst Possible Draw

GaryWood34

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think this can happen as the 6 biggies are in the groups of 6, we need to be in a five group to avoid them!

It could happen. There are 9 groups. 7 of the groups are 6 team groups. Only 4 of the biggies are in pot 1 and 2 are in pot 2. The 2 pot two biggies could end up in a group along with a pot 1 biggy, although it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed it so that all the biggies are kept apart. But even then there will be one group of 6 teams which doesn't have one of the biggies in it.

I'm unconvinced by these 'easy' groups where it's unlikely we'll take 8 points from the top 2 teams but everyone will batter the minnows.

In my opinion you want 6 evenly balanced teams so that anyone can win any game. I also completely disagree with the idea that Austria are the weakest Pot 2 side.

Romania/Wales

Bosnia/Czech Republic/Denmark (anyone but France and Italy)

SCOTLAND

Faroes/Bulgaria/Estonia

Anyone (maybe other than Armenia)

Anyone (maybe not Georgia)

Edited by norsefox

It could happen. There are 9 groups. 7 of the groups are 6 team groups. Only 4 of the biggies are in pot 1 and 2 are in pot 2. The 2 pot two biggies could end up in a group along with a pot 1 biggy, although it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed it so that all the biggies are kept apart. But even then there will be one group of 6 teams which doesn't have one of the biggies in it.

I bow to ur superior knowledge ?

POT 1

Yes Please! Romania, Wales.

Whatever! Belgium, Croatia, England, Portugal.

GTF! Germany, Netherlands, Spain.

POT 2

Yes Please! Iceland.

Whatever! Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Rep, Denmark, Slovakia, Switzerland.

GTF! France, Italy.

POT 3

Scotland

POT 4

Yes Please! Faroe Islands, Estonia.

Whatever! Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary, Montenegro.

GTF! Norway, Rep of Ireland, Turkey.

POT 5

Yes Please! Moldova.

Whatever! Azerbaijan, Cyprus, FYR Macedonia, Lithuania.

GTF! Armenia, Belarus, Finland, Latvia.

POT 6

Yes Please! Andorra, Malta, San Marino.

Whatever! Liechtenstein, Luxembourg.

GTF! Georgia, Kazakhstan.

Edited by PASTA Mick

No, I think it actually increases the chances of England getting France or Italy.

They have a 2 in 6 chance of getting France or Italy rather than a 2 in 9. I think.

England will get Iceland San Marino Gibrovia Banks o Dee and Kirky Rob Roy

I've seen quite a few folk mention it & also BBC for dream group, but why do folk want Iceland ? Out of everyone in that group that is who i want to avoid. Must admit not watched them in this campaign but i was very impressed by them in the World Cup Qualifying...

Pot 1 I would take Romania. Wales can jog right on!!

I've seen quite a few folk mention it & also BBC for dream group, but why do folk want Iceland ? Out of everyone in that group that is who i want to avoid. Must admit not watched them in this campaign but i was very impressed by them in the World Cup Qualifying...

Pot 1 I would take Romania. Wales can jog right on!!

Because sides like Iceland rarely have 2 good campaigns in a row.

Because sides like Iceland rarely have 2 good campaigns in a row.

These days their whole structure has changed though so wouldnt bank on that by a long chalk

We'll see. They have some good players but this campaign is a one-off for them.

I think Iceland are like the Denmark of the 80s. They are shit hot and I would prefer to avoid them until the finals. This is their golden generation.

POT 1

Yes Please! Romania, Wales.

Whatever! Belgium, Croatia, England, Portugal.

GTF! Germany, Netherlands, Spain.

POT 2

Yes Please! Iceland.

Whatever! Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Czech Rep, Denmark, Slovakia, Switzerland.

GTF! France, Italy.

POT 3

Scotland

POT 4

Yes Please! Faroe Islands, Estonia.

Whatever! Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary, Montenegro.

GTF! Norway, Rep of Ireland, Turkey.

POT 5

Yes Please! Moldova.

Whatever! Azerbaijan, Cyprus, FYR Macedonia, Lithuania.

GTF! Armenia, Belarus, Finland, Latvia.

POT 6

Yes Please! Andorra, Malta, San Marino.

Whatever! Liechtenstein, Luxembourg.

GTF! Georgia, Kazakhstan.

According to the SFA (which could be wrong) pot 4 has Slovenia and not Hungary. I have to say, I was hoping to get Hungary and was disappointed to see the SFA have them in the same pot as us. I thought they were in pot 4 as well.

According to the SFA (which could be wrong) pot 4 has Slovenia and not Hungary. I have to say, I was hoping to get Hungary and was disappointed to see the SFA have them in the same pot as us. I thought they were in pot 4 as well.

I could be wrong. I copied and pasted that from a few weeks ago before the pots were confirmed.

Is anyone else thinking Portuagal would be a decent side to draw? Obviosuly they have that freak up front but im fairly sure they've been some what erratic over the last couple of campaigns and think theres defitnitely points to be taken off them

Is anyone else thinking Portuagal would be a decent side to draw? Obviosuly they have that freak up front but im fairly sure they've been some what erratic over the last couple of campaigns and think theres defitnitely points to be taken off them

Portugal are one of those sides that I've not been convinced by but it just takes Ronaldo to turn up for 5 minutes & the game is there's.

We seem to be one of the only teams without a world class star!