Watford Place For Anya? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Watford Place For Anya?

alaninalba

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anya will play a huge role in Watfords seasons reckon, they are a team I'd imagine that will be defending more often than not and with a player like him to bomb up the park he'll be vital

yep, on the bbc text feed the commentator was raving about his pace, looking forward to seeing the highlights to see how he got on. think he could a/THE suprise player in the league this year.

Edited by LewisEDI

yep, on the bbc text feed the commentator was raving about his pace, looking forward to seeing the highlights to see how he got on. think he could a/THE suprise player in the league this year.

Plus if he is playing against top sides and supposedly world class players week in week out that can only be good for us!!

Watched the game today. Anya will be key to Watford moving forward. They were a very neat and tidy side totally set up to counter attack. Which is perfect for anya's game. They showed a stat showing number of sprints towards the end of the game and he was way ahead of everyone else. That is what he is there to do for them. He got into a number of fantastic positions but wasn't found by a pass. Was very neat and tidy on the ball as well. Good sign that he started despite the signings warford have made. A good performance.

His appearance at HT in Dublin was as much a boost for us as a body blow to Ireland.

A cracking player for us. Hugely important almost inspirational wee guy. We are a much better team with him in it.

Edited by Eastiebeastie

From what I saw on the bbc highlights anya caused the erverton defence alot of problems. They could not handle his pace and he made several telling runs down the wing into the box. Did not look out of place at all and a great debut in the EPL in my humble opinion,

Well played Anya, if you keep that level of performance you will be starting most games.

Agree. Am surprised he didn't start in Dublin and thought when he came on that we may have missed the opportunity to use him on the break (Ireland were 1 up I think). However, we scored and they had to come on to us.

The more I think about it, the more we should have beat them.

We really should have beat them. Anya should have started, everyone could see that and Strachan did say he got it wrong. He hasnt done much wrong though.

For me Anya should play every game, and i think he will be huge for watford this season.

We really should have beat them. Anya should have started, everyone could see that and Strachan did say he got it wrong. He hasnt done much wrong though.

For me Anya should play every game, and i think he will be huge for watford this season.

i disagree, Anya looked off the pace in the Qatar friendly the week before and when his game is all about pace and direction and after a long hard club season he didnt show his normal self. WGS identified that and managed it appropriately by having him as an impact player when we needed him.

i disagree, Anya looked off the pace in the Qatar friendly the week before and when his game is all about pace and direction and after a long hard club season he didnt show his normal self. WGS identified that and managed it appropriately by having him as an impact player when we needed him.

He played right back against Qatar so I'll let him off with looking a bit off.