Scotland Bill Apparently England And Wales Only Legislation... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Bill Apparently England And Wales Only Legislation...

An administrative error apparently.

I reckon it's either someone with a sense of humour on the windup or its evidence of how obsessed they are with the SNP and it's a Freudian slip.

My money is on the latter.

Just raised with the Speaker that I got this response on what legislation is England only. Scotland Bill is included!

CJPtQOrWsAAGY--.jpg

Only slightly more surreal than Scotlandshire

http://bbc.scotlandshire.co.uk/index.php/city-news/953-snp-mps-to-face-privatisation-vows-cameron.html

Guest flumax

Watched it tonight

Abortion : raised by Catholic mps gives me fear about pro life lobby. Secondly mundell only saying that Smith indicates setting out moving towards devolved abortion. Ie not including it in this bill.

Crown Estate. Fine but I've concern about Westminster retaining the sovereign grant amount. Ie irrespective betty still gets her cut.

What happens next?

The beeb says that the vote carries no weight? So it doesn't matter that it was voted down??

This vote wasn't in itself important, however what is very telling is that the Tories abstained so as not to be seen to lose.

I watched the debate and there seems to be a fair degree of opposition on the Tory backbenches, not so much to EVEL in principle but to the mechanism of implementation.

This vote wasn't in itself important, however what is very telling is that the Tories abstained so as not to be seen to lose.

I watched the debate and there seems to be a fair degree of opposition on the Tory backbenches, not so much to EVEL in principle but to the mechanism of implementation.

But the implication from Beeb is that it's not dead?

I'm assuming this isn't the main vote and they're expecting to push it through anyway?

But the implication from Beeb is that it's not dead?

I'm assuming this isn't the main vote and they're expecting to push it through anyway?

They had an emergency debate on the proposals today and the vote was basically to say they had fully considered the subject and that was what was voted down.

The actual debate and vote is next week and so if the Tories are going to avoid an embarrassing early defeat they are going to have to reassure their rebels as it seems that the rest of the house is set against.

The more this stirs up a sort of English (civic) nationalism, the more people in England will say why not? and the cosy consensus that rUK is intrinsically unionist starts to crumble...

Maybe indyref 2 will be brokered between the settled wills of English and Scottish nationalists as an amicable separation?

The more this stirs up a sort of English (civic) nationalism, the more people in England will say why not? and the cosy consensus that rUK is intrinsically unionist starts to crumble...

Maybe indyref 2 will be brokered between the settled wills of English and Scottish nationalists as an amicable separation?

A bit like the Home Internationals with Scotland and England deciding they can't be bothered any more and leaving Wales and Northern Ireland to their own devices.

Watched it tonight

Abortion : raised by Catholic mps gives me fear about pro life lobby. Secondly mundell only saying that Smith indicates setting out moving towards devolved abortion. Ie not including it in this bill.

Crown Estate. Fine but I've concern about Westminster retaining the sovereign grant amount. Ie irrespective betty still gets her cut.

She will, however the Barnett formula has no reverse gear. So if we increase the income from the Crown Estates in Scotland, the total given to her Maj increases, but it comes from central government and has no effect on our block grant.

We need to emphasise, subtly, that the UK is not an old country. It's only seventy years older than the USA. England and Scotland are ancient countries with bucket loads of history, who found it mutually convenient to join forces for a period oof time. That period appears to be over. Edited by biffer

A bit like the Home Internationals with Scotland and England deciding they can't be bothered any more and leaving Wales and Northern Ireland to their own devices.

Maybe the last ones to leave could split the names between them - Wales could remain 'Britain', and NI could remain the 'United Kingdom'

We need to emphasise, subtly, that the UK is not an old country. It's only seventy years older than the USA. England and Scotland are ancient countries with bucket loads of history, who found it mutually convenient to join forces for a period oof time. That period appears to be over.

Interesting times. Union of Crowns 2, anyone?