Scotrail - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest flumax

I was actually speaking in "euros" but even then it's probably a bit much. How much is an all-zone, full access monthly travel pass in London then?

320pm,3336 pa https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/tube-dlr-lo-adult-fares.pdf&ved=0CCkQFjADahUKEwiHhK2r96zHAhUJPRQKHdg9D9c&usg=AFQjCNGVXR9_znuhpvQw3mUL89JLXq9N4Q&sig2=J8yGKoTq6iYQfNUgOkgRXg

Zones 1-9 (when did they get 3 more zones, it was 1-6 when I moved away in 2008)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, but still a bit expensive no? It's 6 times more than the equivalent in Paris.

Utter shower of künts. Train cancelled due to 'staff shortages'.

Massive "staff shortages" at present with priority given to their main lines like Glasgow to Edinburgh and Glasgow to Ayr.

Pot luck elsewhere according to my "rail contact".

My first " letter of complaint" about cancellations was neatly rebuffed stating "100 new drivers getting trained".

My second as yet unanswered.

Massive "staff shortages" at present with priority given to their main lines like Glasgow to Edinburgh and Glasgow to Ayr.

Pot luck elsewhere according to my "rail contact".

My first " letter of complaint" about cancellations was neatly rebuffed stating "100 new drivers getting trained".

My second as yet unanswered.

Yer pal's a high-heid yin - get him telt. Golf Tue?

Just focussing on Glasgow with the underground and the buses but could apply to any Scottish city with trains coming and and folks perhaps switching to buses, what is the reasons that are cited for not having fully connected ticketing? Scottish Government awards the train tenders, local authority the bus routes and am not sure where SPT sit on all this and their underground tickets - but surely if it is in the best interests of the public, this could be arranged and is in fact an obligation to deliver against? Or am in being ridiculously naive?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No that honour goes to First Great Western. Appalling. No coincidence that "First" are involved in both though, my experience of Scotrail in the past isn't too far behind that of FGW.

First lost the Scotrail franchise - astoundingly, the service has actually got worse since Abellio took over - quite an achievement.

I thought about applying but think age is against me...

Anyway, the shifts would screw up my racing away days and not sure I've got the concentration for trundling round the Cathcart Circle day after day - it must get pretty mind numbing.

Sounds just like my current job, except Scotrail pay almost twice as much!

I know someone who works for them, they are struggling to get new uniforms, and rumours that wages may not get paid, a wee bit scary!

... or maybe not. :unsure:

First lost the Scotrail franchise - astoundingly, the service has actually got worse since Abellio took over - quite an achievement.

Good god! Worse that First? That takes some doing!

Scotrail were atrocious (and expensive) when I used to work in Glasgow. If it's worse now then it must be bloody bad!