Premier Aports - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone got this? Or know how easy it is to cancel after 2 months?

See they have announced dons game to be on Thursday,but doubt I'll want it for the whole season.

Deal says £9.99 for 2 months,so after that,we should be on itv4 for the group stages,so it will be pointless keeping it.

:ok:

Agree. I signed up for 2 months last year, to see the Dons games. A good deal in my mind. There is usually a £9.99 connection fee and that again per month (from memory).

It must have been a reasonable commercial success for the channel, otherwise I am sure they wouldn't be doing it again. Just remember to factor in the notice period when cancelling, if that's your intention. Personally I stick a reminder in my work email calendar.

I signed up last year for their on-line Premier Player stream and no complaints. £9.99 was value for money for what turned out to be 3 Dons away games. Could probably find a free stream if I searched about, but it's worth the money for guaranteed HD quality, with no buffering.

I look forward to watching the matches for free, using my T8 box.

I want to investigate this more. Is it really that good - I hear mixed reviews.

Can you tell me what I need to get started - what model should I buy, and what apps should be installed?

Edited by Brummie Hibs

I want to investigate this more. Is it really that good - I hear mixed reviews.

Can you tell me what I need to get started - what model should I buy, and what apps should be installed?

I got mines off droidsticks.co.uk.

It came with full instructions on how to install their wizard, which installs all the apps on the box for you.

As i said on the Gamepass thread, it's well worth the £100 to at least try it our and see what you think of it.

Agree. I signed up for 2 months last year, to see the Dons games. A good deal in my mind. There is usually a £9.99 connection fee and that again per month (from memory).

It must have been a reasonable commercial success for the channel, otherwise I am sure they wouldn't be doing it again. Just remember to factor in the notice period when cancelling, if that's your intention. Personally I stick a reminder in my work email calendar.

Wouldn't let me edit, but correcting the values mentioned. The standard monthly fee is £11.99, with an £8 connection fee. That makes the £9.99 all-in a good deal.

The notice period is 30 days, so I think you'd have to cancel towards the end of the 1st month, to be sure of not being charged for a 3rd month.

I got mines off droidsticks.co.uk.

It came with full instructions on how to install their wizard, which installs all the apps on the box for you.

As i said on the Gamepass thread, it's well worth the £100 to at least try it our and see what you think of it.

I see the shop is in Walthamstow, which is just up the road from where I live. Will pay them a visit and talk to them.

Cheers

I see the shop is in Walthamstow, which is just up the road from where I live. Will pay them a visit and talk to them.

Cheers

Good man. For the equivalent of 1 month of Sky, i can't recommend it highly enough.

Good man. For the equivalent of 1 month of Sky, i can't recommend it highly enough.

What I don't understand yet is what I would need. There are these combo deals, with keyboards and/or remote controls. Do I need a keyboard?

What I just want to get is good quality football, and maybe a selection of decent new movies. But football is the most important.

What I don't understand yet is what I would need. There are these combo deals, with keyboards and/or remote controls. Do I need a keyboard?

What I just want to get is good quality football, and maybe a selection of decent new movies. But football is the most important.

I don't have one with a keyboard. Just a standard remote.

If you're popping along to the shop, i'm sure he'll have one set up to show you it. obviously you'll need a decent b'band connection.

The football will be in HD for the EPL & CL games but other than that it is normally in good quality SD picture. It's also portable, so you can take it on holiday... Well worth £100.

You'll get all the movies you'd get on Sky in HD quality.

I don't have one with a keyboard. Just a standard remote.

If you're popping along to the shop, i'm sure he'll have one set up to show you it. obviously you'll need a decent b'band connection.

The football will be in HD for the EPL & CL games but other than that it is normally in good quality SD picture. It's also portable, so you can take it on holiday... Well worth £100.

You'll get all the movies you'd get on Sky in HD quality.

You need a laptop for the updates and stuff or is it completely stand alone? Had a look at the site but wasn't too clear.

You need a laptop for the updates and stuff or is it completely stand alone? Had a look at the site but wasn't too clear.

Nah, no laptop required.

For the updates you simply:

1. Clear cache in kodi

2. Reinstall the wizard.

That's it :ok:

These android boxes can be a bit footery.

Even with 8 cores and 2gb ram... the streams are the main thing and no site can consistently stream full HD games without being shut down or streaming to too many end users.

Might be 10,000 channels available but hardly any will work as advertised.

BTW: Anyone can install Kodi on their computer/android tablet/phone and hunt down the "channels" to test it out before spending 100 quid on a box.

These android boxes can be a bit footery.

Even with 8 cores and 2gb ram... the streams are the main thing and no site can consistently stream full HD games without being shut down or streaming to too many end users.

Might be 10,000 channels available but hardly any will work as advertised.

BTW: Anyone can install Kodi on their computer/android tablet/phone and hunt down the "channels" to test it out before spending 100 quid on a box.

Anyone who does that will lose the will to live, as it's such a pain the arse to navigate without the add ons preinstalled.

Anyone who does that will lose the will to live, as it's such a pain the arse to navigate without the add ons preinstalled.

Very true! The "fully loaded" dongles and boxes are also popular here. Helped a pub owner get acquainted with it but finding what he wants takes time and there is no way on earth he could have loaded the add-ons himself.

Nah, no laptop required.

For the updates you simply:

1. Clear cache in kodi

2. Reinstall the wizard.

That's it :ok:

Top man. I've been looking for something like this for a while. I appreciate you taking the time to explain! Fed up paying sky a fortune!

Very true! The "fully loaded" dongles and boxes are also popular here. Helped a pub owner get acquainted with it but finding what he wants takes time and there is no way on earth he could have loaded the add-ons himself.

The one I use comes with a wizard preinstalled. Which I periodically update, which updates the add-ons and adds new ones too.

If your with Virgin and have the XL package they are showing the Aberdeen game if any help to anyone!

Been showing Premier Sport all month for no extra charge for some reason