Poland Allocation? - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland Allocation?

ScotsRik

Hypothetically speaking, but I wonder what everyone's opinion would be if Ireland scored first and won in Celtic park?

The atmosphere would have changed on a knife edge.

Yes we sit in home ends, but I've always felt like a guest and tone it down a bit. I get the feeling that a packed charged Hampden wouldn't be as accommodating.

J

I mentioned something similar in the run up to the game in Dublin and was shot down in flames. I'm not a big fan of away supporters sitting in the home end unless it's a friendly or something.

It shouldn't matter but there's too many drunk bawbags that go to these games and something will kick off one day.

I remember waiting in the queue to get in at Celtic park and a couple of Irish boys were getting abuse. It wasn't just friendly banter either.

I would hope that the Scottish guys that are happy to sit in away ends aren't the ones that growl at away fans in the home end at Hanpden but I'm not so sure that's the case.

Edited by Kiltedsteamer147

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the SFA site away points table, it says we had 3661 ticket allocation for Warsaw which is more than 5%. Wouldn't the SFA have agreed to 'return the favour' to the poles?

Our ticket procedures are better than most i.e. I bought my Dublin ticket in February from Abbey Travel. We don't sell tickets this way. By the time we buy guaranteed/st extra tickets ,give Poles allocation, sponsors, surely there won't be that many left for public sale. Quickest off the mark will get them so let's make sure 99% of them go to Scots and have Hampden rocking.

On the SFA site away points table, it says we had 3661 ticket allocation for Warsaw which is more than 5%. Wouldn't the SFA have agreed to 'return the favour' to the poles?

Our ticket procedures are better than most i.e. I bought my Dublin ticket in February from Abbey Travel. We don't sell tickets this way. By the time we buy guaranteed/st extra tickets ,give Poles allocation, sponsors, surely there won't be that many left for public sale. Quickest off the mark will get them so let's make sure 99% of them go to Scots and have Hampden rocking.

I reckon the public sale will be no more than 5000 tickets, if that.

I know there are a lot of Poles in the UK who will want a ticket but there are far more Scots.

The atmosphere is going to be magic anyway regardless of what happens, particularly if we beat Georgia. It will be the biggest match we've had at Hampden since Italy 2007 I think.

Can't see the problem we were all aware when St tickets went on sale that there would be an opirtunity to but extra tickets suppose that privilege of being st holder ( I'm not btw) and all this Crap about poles / Germans in home end how can we possibly complain yes we are the greatest fans in the world but we are also probably the most guilty of sitting in " home" ends at away games so we have no right to moan about "away" fans sitting in our home end... At end of day all scc member paid for the right of a ticket for ever home game and st holders the right to extra tickets so any left over IMO should be sold on first come first served basis... Only my option lol

Don't think many are moaning about it for that reason mate. It's more to do with stopping them getting any sort of extra advantage by having more of their fans in the ground. That's the reason for me anyway.

Our away and home supports are also very different IMO. Dunno what folk think but I've always felt we are a lot more negative and crabbit as a support at home games. The story above about the German lads taking a bit of stick doesn't surprise me tbh. A lot of guys in our support simply can't take getting beat.

Anyway it means all as we are going to thrash them :)

I reckon the public sale will be no more than 5000 tickets, if that.

I know there are a lot of Poles in the UK who will want a ticket but there are far more Scots.

The atmosphere is going to be magic anyway regardless of what happens, particularly if we beat Georgia. It will be the biggest match we've had at Hampden since Italy 2007 I think.

I honestly don't think there will be a public sale. There will be around 10,000 tickets set aside for away fans, sponsors, corporate etc. There are 35,000 members,10,000 of whom have already bought tickets. Even if only 20,000 of the remaining 25,000 members ( I think more will) buy tickets. That will leave 10,000 or so. If half the season ticket holders take the option of an extra 2 tickets that's all tickets gone Edited by tam4ritchie

I honestly don't think there will be a public sale. There will be around 10,000 tickets set aside for away fans, sponsors, corporate etc. There are 35,000 members,10,000 of whom have already bought tickets. Even if only 20,000 of the remaining 25,000 members ( I think more will) buy tickets. That will leave 10,000 or so. If half the season ticket holders take the option of an extra 2 tickets that's all tickets gone

Maybe but people were saying the same thing about the Ireland game. Ok, that was at a bigger stadium and it was earlier in the campaign but I still think there will be small public sale.

I can't remember the last time there wasn't a public sale. I could be wrong but we'll find out soon enough.

Maybe but people were saying the same thing about the Ireland game. Ok, that was at a bigger stadium and it was earlier in the campaign but I still think there will be small public sale.

I can't remember the last time there wasn't a public sale. I could be wrong but we'll find out soon enough.

If there is a public sale I think we are talking hundreds rather than thousands. This is such s huge game and I think the ssc are playing it right by letting season ticket holders buy extra tickets. If any tickets remain after season ticket holders get a chance , I'd like to see then offered to all members on a first come first served basis

If there is a public sale I think we are talking hundreds rather than thousands. This is such s huge game and I think the ssc are playing it right by letting season ticket holders buy extra tickets. If any tickets remain after season ticket holders get a chance , I'd like to see then offered to all members on a first come first served basis

Why should members get another chance of a ticket rather than the public?

Why should members get another chance of a ticket rather than the public?

The rewards of being a loyal fan. You become a member to get preferential treatment. I have been a member of the ssc for almost ten years, pay my bi annual subscription so why should Joe public get a chance for the extra tickets? What gives them any right?

All club sides give season ticket holders, supporters club members, then people with purchase history first dibs on tickets, reward your regulars not the Johnny come lately glory supporters.

In the words of that lovely football chant..."where we're you when we were sh!t?" I know where I was! In the stands at Hampden singing for my beloved Scotland!!!!

Edited by kmcca5

The rewards of being a loyal fan. You become a member to get preferential treatment. I have been a member of the ssc for almost ten years, pay my bi annual subscription so why should Joe public get a chance for the extra tickets? What gives them any right?

All club sides give season ticket holders, supporters club members, then people with purchase history first dibs on tickets, reward your regulars not the Johnny come lately glory supporters.

In the words of that lovely football chant..."where we're you when we were sh!t?" I know where I was! In the stands at Hampden singing for my beloved Scotland!!!!

You can be a loyal supporter and not be a member of the SSC.

We pay our £50 every two years to guarantee ourselves one home ticket for every match and so we have a chance of away tickets.

Any members who are desperate for additional tickets should have bought a season ticket instead of moaning about the price. If they couldn't afford to fork out for a season ticket then fair enough but remember that not everyone can afford to spend £50 just after Christmas every two years.

If the SFA now change their minds and sell any left over tickets to SSC members only, they have mis-sold the season tickets as a lot of people would only have bought one so they could get an extra ticket.

If the SFA now change their minds and sell any left over tickets to SSC members only, they have mis-sold the season tickets as a lot of people would only have bought one so they could get an extra ticket.

You have a good point there!

Normally I'd agree but on this occasion I think ssc are doing the right thing. Would you rather take the chance the tickets get into polish hands?

I don't think they've actually decided what they're doing yet? Or have I missed something?

I do see the benefit of not having a public sale with so many Poles in the UK but I also think it's a bit shite for non-member who go to as many games as they can but won't have a chance at a ticket for the Poland game unless they happen to be mates with a member.

It's a tough call and the SSC will need to make it.

At the end of the day, I've got my ticket and that's the main thing as far as I'm concerned. ;)

I don't think they've actually decided what they're doing yet? Or have I missed something?

I do see the benefit of not having a public sale with so many Poles in the UK but I also think it's a bit shite for non-member who go to as many games as they can but won't have a chance at a ticket for the Poland game unless they happen to be mates with a member.

It's a tough call and the SSC will need to make it.

At the end of the day, I've got my ticket and that's the main thing as far as I'm concerned. ;)

I think you've missed something. Between the 7th and 10th of July season ticket holders will have the chance, on a first come first served basis, to buy two extra tickets

When I joined the original STC you could always buy tickets for guests.

And that included away games.

I think when it first started, members could buy as many tickets for home games as they wanted. Sometimes a limit was put on for "big " games.

Yeah I remember really struggling to get a ticket for that game. The playoff against Holland was brutal as well. I had been to every home game in that campaign and got a ticket easily for them all.

As soon as we drew Holland, everyone and their granny came out if the woodwork looking for a ticket. I remember going to about 10 different Safeway stores before we found one that had tickets. That was the game that convinced me and my mates to join the supporters club.

For that Holland game, the SFA were still selling tickets outside the ground on the day of the game.

I think you've missed something. Between the 7th and 10th of July season ticket holders will have the chance, on a first come first served basis, to buy two extra tickets

"Scotland Season Ticket holders have already purchased tickets for these matches so are not eligible to buy at this stage. Any remaining tickets after 7 July will be made available to Scotland Season Ticket holders from 12 noon on Friday 10 July until 12 noon on Monday 13 July (max 2 per purchase - subject to availability)."

For that Holland game, the SFA were still selling tickets outside the ground on the day of the game.

That's not how I remember it. That was the game that inspired me to join the SSC as I missed out the in queue outside Morrisons and had to pay over the odds from a ticket agency.

Ah dinnae think sae mate.

I know season ticket holders can buy additional tickets - I am one myself.

We've been discussing whether or not there should be a public sale after the season ticket holders have bought their additional tickets (if there are any left) or whether any additional tickets should be offered to SSC members who did not buy season tickets.

I don't remember that but then I had a ticket by the day of the game anyway.

The point is the SFA gave about 20 Safeway/Morrisons stores about 500 tickets each or something so you had to traipse round them all until you found one that had tickets. It was a pain in the @rse.

We phoned a couple first and were told they had tickets but they were sold out when we got there.

That Holland playoff game I was second in the que at Safeway at Peirshill in Edinburgh from 11 the night before. There was a que as the staff were leaving. If you'd arrived any much later than about 4 then you probably had no chance. Safe to say they had sold out in minutes

Play off game? I queued up outside ticket Scotland day they went on sale from 5am and they sold out by mid morning.

Two of my pals went up to Hampden early (1000ish) on the day of the game and got tickets from the portacabin. Maybe they just got lucky with returned tickets or something?