Poland Allocation? - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland Allocation?

ScotsRik

The SFA need to be realistic. There's no point in giving them the bare minimum if we're going to end up with 5-6 thousand Poles in the home end if they manage to get that many through the public sale.

The demand for this game is going to be huge when the tickets go on general sale.

Someone on another thread suggested that we should try and sell all of the home end tickets to SSC members but I'm not sure if this would work.

It's also a bit unfair on the Scottish public who are not SSC members.

One thing is certain - the game is going to be a sell out.

The SFA won't give the Poles more than 5%.

We saw the stance for Celtic Park. However this time there won't be a public sale.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SFA won't give the Poles more than 5%.

We saw the stance for Celtic Park. However this time there won't be a public sale.

It depends if we have an agreement in place with the Polish FA or not. Seems unlikely given our allocation I suppose but I think we got slightly more than 5%.

What makes you think there won't be a public sale? There should be at least a couple of thousand (maybe more) left after the SSC sale.

I guess it could be a sell out if they offer a second ticket to all SSC members but I wouldn't be too sure of it.

It depends if we have an agreement in place with the Polish FA or not. Seems unlikely given our allocation I suppose but I think we got slightly more than 5%.

What makes you think there won't be a public sale? There should be at least a couple of thousand (maybe more) left after the SSC sale.

I guess it could be a sell out if they offer a second ticket to all SSC members but I wouldn't be too sure of it.

The Polish FA will know they won't get more than 5% as they played hard ball with us in 2014 with both games.

I think after this sale, then the 2 extra tickets for ST holders there'll be few left & I think the SFA will try & look good and offer other members the remaining.

The Polish FA will know they won't get more than 5% as they played hard ball with us in 2014 with both games.

I think after this sale, then the 2 extra tickets for ST holders there'll be few left & I think the SFA will try & look good and offer other members the remaining.

You might be right but keeping a closed shop and not having a public sale will not make them look good except in the eyes of SSC members.

At least it would stop a lot of Polish fans buying home end tickets.

I know we're getting to the business end of the campaign and it's at a smaller stadium but the Ireland game had a pretty big public sale. I'd be surprised if at least a couple of thousand tickets weren't made available to the public.

The SFA need to be realistic. There's no point in giving them the bare minimum if we're going to end up with 5-6 thousand Poles in the home end if they manage to get that many through the public sale.

The demand for this game is going to be huge when the tickets go on general sale.

Someone on another thread suggested that we should try and sell all of the home end tickets to SSC members but I'm not sure if this would work.

It's also a bit unfair on the Scottish public who are not SSC members.

One thing is certain - the game is going to be a sell out.

Why wouldn't it work? Season ticket holders can be given a couple of weeks to buy their extras as was agreed. Then open it to all SSC. The game is in October, not like we don't have the time.

And aye ok be fair to the Scottish public. I'd rather give priority to the fans that have forked out £50 to join the SSC first though. And it would greatly reduce the risk of any poles in the home end.

Edited by Angus_Young

Why wouldn't it work? Season ticket holders can be given a couple of weeks to buy their extras as was agreed. Then open it to all SSC. The game is in October, not like we don't have the time.

And aye ok be fair to the Scottish public. I'd rather give priority to the fans that have forked out £50 to join the SSC first though. And it would greatly reduce the risk of any poles in the home end.

I meant it might not work as in the SSC might not buy all of the tickets. I've got a season ticket and I don't think I'll be buying an extra one.

How is selling the remainder of tickets to the SSC giving members priority? It's giving their mates who haven't forked out £50 priority.

All SSC members are entitied to their one ticket. Why should members of the public who just happen to be mates of a member benefit?

It seems to me that the only reason for not having a public sale is to prevent the Poles from snapping them up.

We pay our 50 quid to guarantee us a home ticket and to get a chance of away tickets, not to prevent people who aren't members getting a chance of a ticket.

I meant it might not work as in the SSC might not buy all of the tickets. I've got a season ticket and I don't think I'll be buying an extra one.

How is selling the remainder of tickets to the SSC giving members priority? It's giving their mates who haven't forked out £50 priority.

All SSC members are entitied to their one ticket. Why should members of the public who just happen to be mates of a member benefit?

It seems to me that the only reason for not having a public sale is to prevent the Poles from snapping them up.

We pay our 50 quid to guarantee us a home ticket and to get a chance of away tickets, not to prevent people who aren't members getting a chance of a ticket.

Aye sorry I've not worded that properly m8. Obviously we all have our tickets guaranteed. I was thinking of a way to prevent poles getting in our end. It's the whole point of the thread in the first place no? Lol. Or should I say it's something a lot have been talking about.

Not sure I agree with the first statement though. If both season ticket holders and SSC members were given the chance of extras. The game would sell out without the need for a public sale IMO

Edited by Angus_Young

Aye sorry I've not worded that properly m8. Obviously we all have our tickets guaranteed. I was thinking of a way to prevent poles getting in our end. It's the whole point of the thread in the first place no? Lol

Not sure I agree with the first statement though. If both season ticket holders and SSC members were given the chance of extras. The game would sell out without the need for a public sale IMO

I know but I don't think having a few Poles in the home end will do any harm. What I wouldn't want is for a public sale of say, 8000 tickets and the Poles buy 5000 of them.

Maybe priority in the public sale could go to people who have been to at least one Scotland game out of the last three or something? Not sure if that's feasible.

You're probably right but most SSC members go with their mates anyway and I think a lot of the 35,000 wouldn't bother buying an extra one. I could well be wrong and we would snap them all up nae bother.

I just think it's a bit dangerous to turn supporting Scotland into a boys club which would give non-members absolutely no chance of getting a ticket for big games. I do see the benefit of doing it on this case because of the number of Polish people that live in Scotland but it would be a dodgy precedent to set. It could put people off going to the less attractive games where more than half of the SSC don't turn up.

I know but I don't think having a few Poles in the home end will do any harm. What I wouldn't want is for a public sale of say, 8000 tickets and the Poles buy 5000 of them.

Maybe priority in the public sale could go to people who have been to at least one Scotland game out of the last three or something? Not sure if that's feasible.

You're probably right but most SSC members go with their mates anyway and I think a lot of the 35,000 wouldn't bother buying an extra one. I could well be wrong and we would snap them all up nae bother.

I just think it's a bit dangerous to turn supporting Scotland into a boys club which would give non-members absolutely no chance of getting a ticket for big games. I do see the benefit of doing it on this case because of the number of Polish people that live in Scotland but it would be a dodgy precedent to set. It could put people off going to the less attractive games where more than half of the SSC don't turn up.

Aye agreed m8 especially on your last point. We aren't in a position to Be alienating anyone. And yer right a few poles in next to us wouldn't do any harm at all. I just wouldn't want to see the same sort of numbers that were in with the Ireland fans.

A lot of the public who would miss out hardly battered down the door for tickets against gibraltar. Keep the tickets for scots. As has been said most of the non members that go .probably go with mates who are members.

A lot of the public who would miss out hardly battered down the door for tickets against gibraltar. Keep the tickets for scots. As has been said most of the non members that go .probably go with mates who are members.

You make a good point mate but I could just as easily give my second ticket to one of my Polish mates. I'm not going to but you see my point.

I think the SFA will have a public sale. You know what they are like, they don't live in the real world so they will assume that only Scots will buy tickets for the home end.

If 5000 tickets go on sale and the Poles buy 2000 of them it won't be the end of the world.

The official attendance against Gibraltar was just over 34,000 and lots of those tickets were sold in the public sale.

It is a tough call though. I can see the benefit of not having a public sale but there's no way we will see the same number of Poles at Hampden as there were at Lansdowne Road.

Aye agreed m8 especially on your last point. We aren't in a position to Be alienating anyone. And yer right a few poles in next to us wouldn't do any harm at all. I just wouldn't want to see the same sort of numbers that were in with the Ireland fans.

No chance of that happening. SSC members will buy around 40,000 (probably a wee bit less but I can't remember how many season tickets were sold) tickets even if there is a public sale. 2,600 (at least) will go to the Polish fans and there will be a few thousand corporate tickets.

If there is a public sale it will only be about 5000 tickets I think and the majority of these will be bought by Scots.

The reason there were so many Poles in Dublin was the FAI are even more clueless than the SFA and they don't even have a proper supporters club.

You could argue that the £50 we all pay entitles us to reward our mates.

Just putting another spin on it.

TBH I'd be all for that, it ensures that the stadium will be full of Scots.

J

You could argue that the £50 we all pay entitles us to reward our mates.

Just putting another spin on it.

TBH I'd be all for that, it ensures that the stadium will be full of Scots.

J

It doesn't though. That's not why the SSC was set up.

I'm all for ensuring that the home end is 99% Scots but that wouldn't be why the majority of members would buy another ticket. There has got to be a better way of doing that than selling only to SSC members.

It's funny that at a lot of the people on here who are in favour of not having a public sale were all for Scots snapping up home end tickets in Dublin. I know it's been mentioned already but it really is hypocrisy.

Who cares. I'm a scotland fan and don't really worry about the other teams. Hope any German or pole has a great trip but want us to create a cauldron giving us 'hopefully a better chance. These games are massive

Who cares. I'm a scotland fan and don't really worry about the other teams. Hope any German or pole has a great trip but want us to create a cauldron giving us 'hopefully a better chance. These games are massive

I'm not a big fan of away fans in the home end at any games but sometimes it's unavoidable.

I think there's going to be a public sale I think so there will be some Poles dotted around the home end. As long as there isn't a large congregation of them it shouldn't make too much of a difference. There shouldn't be too many tickets available for the public sale to let that happen.

One of the selling points of the season ticket was the chance to buy additional tickets so I don't think the SFA will change the rules now (although nothing they do would surprise me).

The atmosphere will be rocking anyway as long as we get a good result against Georgia and maybe nick a point against Germany.

When I joined the original STC you could always buy tickets for guests.

How long ago was that?

Fair enough but I suppose I meant that's not what the SSC is for now. I know 2 guys that are not in the SSC because they can only make a few games in each campaign. They know they run the risk of missing out on the bigger games but to not even have a chance of a ticket is a bit pish.

I'm sure you could still do it around till 2007. Things changed around the Italy game.

Yeah I remember really struggling to get a ticket for that game. The playoff against Holland was brutal as well. I had been to every home game in that campaign and got a ticket easily for them all.

As soon as we drew Holland, everyone and their granny came out if the woodwork looking for a ticket. I remember going to about 10 different Safeway stores before we found one that had tickets. That was the game that convinced me and my mates to join the supporters club.

I'm sure you could still do it around till 2007. Things changed around the Italy game.

Allowed 2 for Italy game and then managed to get another 2 pre-public sale through phone lines.

After that campaign membership doubled and it went to 1 ticket per member.

Can't see the problem we were all aware when St tickets went on sale that there would be an opirtunity to but extra tickets suppose that privilege of being st holder ( I'm not btw) and all this Crap about poles / Germans in home end how can we possibly complain yes we are the greatest fans in the world but we are also probably the most guilty of sitting in " home" ends at away games so we have no right to moan about "away" fans sitting in our home end... At end of day all scc member paid for the right of a ticket for ever home game and st holders the right to extra tickets so any left over IMO should be sold on first come first served basis... Only my option lol

I can remember a couple of Germans in the West Stand last time getting dogs abuse from some especially after they scored.

Hypothetically speaking, but I wonder what everyone's opinion would be if Ireland scored first and won in Celtic park?

The atmosphere would have changed on a knife edge.

Yes we sit in home ends, but I've always felt like a guest and tone it down a bit. I get the feeling that a packed charged Hampden wouldn't be as accommodating.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby