Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relentless Bombardment - The Final Straw

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Charlie Mayfield said

'On the day after the referendum, all of our shops will open on time, nothing will change. It might not even change at all for several months, maybe even years. But overtime, if there is a divergence in terms of employment regulations, in terms of taxes, in terms of pensions, which bring with them costs. It has to be more likely that the prices will also diverge. "

Now call me crazy but that seems a perfectly rational response. If we put up the minimum wage, reduce corporation tax, make changes to employer pension schemes then it will have an impact on the way we do business in Scotland. What that does not say is, prises will rise on a yes vote.

Great speech currently being delivered by the FM:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29156335

Yes WILL win. Keep the faith and spread the message.

I like your optimism Jonny but there are serious forces at work here. Not sure we will be allowed to leave by the establishment. having witnessed the past week, I am not sure I would even trust the ref result to be real now.

I like your optimism Jonny but there are serious forces at work here. Not sure we will be allowed to leave by the establishment. having witnessed the past week, I am not sure I would even trust the ref result to be real now.

Shed - you've always been a glass half full to me, but in honesty I can see where your coming from, they are terrified of losing us & will do everything to prevent this from happening.

Shed - you've always been a glass half full to me, but in honesty I can see where your coming from, they are terrified of losing us & will do everything to prevent this from happening.

just cant really believe what i am seeing mate. it is shaking my belief that this can be a democratic society.

we might need a gamechanger after all. Need something special from the weekend through to Thursday to get us over the line.

I have it on good authority that a high-heid-yin in the Yes campaign is going to offer a free stay in his holiday home in Skye to all Yes voters. :ok:

Carpet bombing going on at the moment, Asda now coming out with a statement that doesnt specifically say they will put costs up, but it clearly intimates they will. This is the state of our democracy where big business are effectively working with government to usurp our vote for Independence.

Attitude on the doors this morning was still positive. Yes stickers still in windows and those I spoke to were mainly voting yes.

We were canvassing in Blantyre last night, it was a bad night for us and we still had 28 - 25 in favour of YES. That was on a street with more than a few households of the loyalist variety.

good thing was that those who were voting YES could see through all the negativity, last guyw e spoke to was English and he would have put a lot of native Scots to shame. not on our lists but accross from where we were canvassing was a house plastered in YES posters, all the weans were out (she had 5 boys and 5 girls!) asking for stickers. couldnt add them to our lists but there were 4 of voting age and all YES. All this media spin is designed to dishearten. We still have the momentum. I just witnessed Ian Davidson and one of his minions climbing back into their car at govan cross after a lacklustre attempt to woo some voters. His minion noticed an NHYES sticker on the container unit they were parked in front of, he tried to scrape it off and got an earful from a wee lady sunbathing in front of her flat.

Edited by neilly71

Can't quite believe what I'm seeing at the moment, and this is just online from over here.

I'm shocked at the bias but maybe I've been naive. This was to be expected as the polls narrow if truth be told.

Please Scotland. Hold strong and believe in yourself and something better. See though the lies and bullshit.

Credit to every single person on here and on the street. It won't he forgotten regardless of the result :ok: