Kilt Pins And Flying - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilt Pins And Flying

Only hassle I've ever had was flying home from Dublin. The guy got a ruler & measured it.

I take it you're talking about the kilt pin.....????

:yikes3:

Turn your kilt 90 degrees. Doesnt set the scanner off. Some airports are telling you to do it now.

Agree though put it in sporran.

Save yourself even more hassle and turn your body 90 degrees - shuffle through the scanner sidyways.

Particularly handy for those of us whose kilts have got tighter in recent years.

Only once had a problem coming through Athens...guy measured it and said the kilt pin was too long and would have to go in my hold luggage...I only had hand luggage so it was to go in hold...security called flight desk who took me and my bag to the plane....gave me my bag back going through the gate to hand into the guy at bottom of gantry....kilt pin taken oot on way down..bag handed in...fuss for feckin nothing...nae wonder their country is fecked

Dublin airport this morning.

Took my belt and sporran off as normal - "BEEP"

Took my badges off my kilt (where kilt pin should sit) - "BEEP"

Turned my kilt 90 degrees - "BEEP"

Asked to take my watch off as the guy said "If you beep again we'll need to do an intimate search" ??

NO BEEP!! ?

Edited by McTeeko