England 2018 - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

No my point is if the infrastructures are already in place and it wasn't in South Africa or Qatar then it tells me they aren't particularly football-obsessed otherwise, surely the stadia would already be there for league teams etc. With the bidding system a it is it leaves it A. Open to corruption B. Open to countries getting it who are merely saying they'll have the stadiums ready in time even just by creating virtual stadia in CGI bids. C. Leaves it open to going to countries where stadia are far from full due to lack of home support interest.

I understand most of your point Craig, however How will Africa ever be able to host a worlds cup.. they are a football obsessed continent but it will be decades if ever before they can afford stadia...

I think the rich areas should subsidise the poorer areas to make Football better for the whole world.. This is a laudable part of FIFA

,world govts and The U.N. etc would never do it..

Maybe they need to look at building more locally relevant sized stadia. etc.. not all seated, easy and cheaply maintained etc..

If not all we would have is the World Cup in Europe and central and S.America.

Do u think it was wise to have WC in Japan and Korea..

it is meant to be a World cup.. it is the only sport that can say that...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand most of your point Craig, however How will Africa ever be able to host a worlds cup.. they are a football obsessed continent but it will be decades if ever before they can afford stadia...

I think the rich areas should subsidise the poorer areas to make Football better for the whole world.. This is a laudable part of FIFA

,world govts and The U.N. etc would never do it..

Maybe they need to look at building more locally relevant sized stadia. etc.. not all seated, easy and cheaply maintained etc..

If not all we would have is the World Cup in Europe and central and S.America.

Do u think it was wise to have WC in Japan and Korea..

it is meant to be a World cup.. it is the only sport that can say that...

Yes I do see what you are saying but lets face it the current system doesn't work and will always be open to corruption.

Perhaps a solution for Africa is to spread it over three or four countries burt even then are the hotels etc going to be adequate and transport facilities be in place? I doubt it.

Currently, there are countries in Europe, South America, North America and Asia capable of holding the World Cup which I listed above so it is still globally spread using a system like Open Golf have. A set number of countries (instead of courses) and they take their turn hosting the competition. Any country willing to graft and build the stadia off their own back without the sole purpose of doing it being big bucks signs then they can be added to the hosts list.

• 2 weeks later...