Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

I can feel the hurt from here.

There is nothing better than seeing the huns getting put firmly in their place after weeks of listening about what they would do if they were in the top league.

Pleasing to an extreme.

Not really no. I don't take football that seriously mate. It was a bit disappointing but not unexpected.

I liked Parklifes poem and the other version about the hat only working on part time teams, even though that's factually inaccurate. As the Thistle fans on Chewin the Fat used to say,

"oh the banter! "

Ormonds version is different. What would you lot be like if I'd posted something like that after a Rangers win?

I like a good laugh, and can do that at myself and Rangers when it's our turn (like now) but pathetic abuse is different.

And did anyone notice it even drew the lurking Ek_celt out of hiding momentarily. :lol:

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day off for Rangers cancelled.

I think the defence are getting a special class in not letting simple punts up the park catch you out.

Or maybe there will be an exercise in picking up your man at a corner.

They definitely need it.

I think the defence are getting a special class in not letting simple punts up the park catch you out.

Or maybe there will be an exercise in picking up your man at a corner.

They definitely need it.

Warburton fecked up more than the players IMO. The whole balance of the team was wrong. Where was the cover in midfield, time and again in the first half St Johnstone had runners from midfield untracked and causing the centre backs (who were struggling to deal with McLean) huge problems.

The commentator said when Halliday got subbed that "there's no need for a holding midfielder now". Is Halliday meant to be a defensive midfielder? If so, he's utterly fecking shite. He offered zero protection to his back 4.

As for that Zalem (sp?) from Arsenal. I've no idea what he offers to the team.

Lee Wallace is still a shadow of his former self and a massive cheat to boot. Constantly flinging himself to the floor.

I can see why Danny Wilson stayed in the Championship, it looks to be his level. He got ripped apart by Celtic for Hearts last year and St Johnstone done the same last night.

Warburton fecked up more than the players IMO. The whole balance of the team was wrong. Where was the cover in midfield, time and again in the first half St Johnstone had runners from midfield untracked and causing the centre backs (who were struggling to deal with McLean) huge problems.

The commentator said when Halliday got subbed that "there's no need for a holding midfielder now". Is Halliday meant to be a defensive midfielder? If so, he's utterly fecking shite. He offered zero protection to his back 4.

As for that Zalem (sp?) from Arsenal. I've no idea what he offers to the team.

Lee Wallace is still a shadow of his former self and a massive cheat to boot. Constantly flinging himself to the floor.

I can see why Danny Wilson stayed in the Championship, it looks to be his level. He got ripped apart by Celtic for Hearts last year and St Johnstone done the same last night.

Halliday had his worst game for us last night. Might have been a function of playing against better players or he might just have had an off night.

Zelalem (I think) and Oduwa looked nervous and ineffective. We really didn't move the ball quickly enough and thats been a feature of our last few games.

Probably down to teams getting a better idea how to play against us.

Halliday had his worst game for us last night. Might have been a function of playing against better players or he might just have had an off night.

Zelalem (I think) and Oduwa looked nervous and ineffective. We really didn't move the ball quickly enough and thats been a feature of our last few games.

Probably down to teams getting a better idea how to play against us.

Oduwa has undoubted skill but at present he's a footballing moron. Doesn't know when to take a man on, when to play a simple pass or when to put an early ball in. Wants 20 touches every time he has the ball.

Oduwa has undoubted skill but at present he's a footballing moron. Doesn't know when to take a man on, when to play a simple pass or when to put an early ball in. Wants 20 touches every time he has the ball.

Spot on. He also has pace, which he rarely used last night.

Some of this is undoubtedly down to a decent Saints defence but we need to improve against teams like this or we'll struggle next season.

A better, more mobile centre forward would have helped.

I feel your pain, Larky but kudos for knowing who TS Eliot is. I had to Google it. :(

Warburton is magic

Oor Larky's still got faith

Last night they got a humping

But can still beat teams like Raith

I'm not sure about the faith thing, it would appear Dumbarton knew how to play Rangers as well as St Johnstone so there will have to be a plan b with respect to tactics.