Are You A Seat Reclining W***er? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are You A Seat Reclining W***er?

I'm a non sleeper also. My wife just has to sniff an aircraft and she's asleep.

Flew past Mount Kilamanjaro on our way to a safari on our Honeymoon. We were sitting on wooden benches, and there was one of the most stunning views I have ever seen. Missus was lolling with her head back catching flys.

J

My missus is the same. There must be something to this......

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrified of flying so I've now 'trained' myself to go to sleep as soon as I've seatbelt buckled. No reclining seat, no food or drink, no toilet visits, just out like a light. I snore like mad though and because I'm sitting upright and tilting slightly I dribble saliva. Doesn't bother me but pain in the arse for the poor souls around me, especially if I end up leaning on person next to me. Lovely team of footballers got on my flight in Amsterdam once and 2 were beside me, tried to stay awake but woke up on landing and I was leaning on Mr Gorgeous and arm of his shirt was lovely and wet with my dribbly spit. Whilst apologising I said that I hoped I hadn't been snoring and he said, "yes, I did not know people could snore that loudly and not wake up."

my friend (who's in oil industry ) got DVT once

so his work sent him to some medical practioner for a review

Medic - "i need to write a leter to your work, what do i need to put in it "

Mate - "that i need to fly buiness class on medical reasons to avoid repeat DVT"

bugger now gets to go business class - not sure if he has pulled smae trick on his new employer

KLM bumped me to business class a few times - Lagos - AMS , and AMS to Cape Town so great on a long haul

Typically i try and check in late, so try and get all the economy seats already allocated before me

When i fly and fancy a kip I put on one of those surgical collars. Head rests on the front and I get a good sleep. Look a right fud but never get a sore neck.

G-Man should try one of them and tie a bucket to the front of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Doha to Singapore yesterday, rather heavy set gentleman reclined his seat from the minute he sits down. Being rather large and fully reclined his head is almost in my lap. Had to switch seats with the wife. Asked him to put it forward during meals, which he did to be fair, however as soon as the plate was clear, bang straight back. Worst thing was the seat next to him was free so he could have easily repositioned himself. Complete seat reclining .

I'm a non sleeper also. My wife just has to sniff an aircraft and she's asleep.

Flew past Mount Kilamanjaro on our way to a safari on our Honeymoon. We were sitting on wooden benches, and there was one of the most stunning views I have ever seen. Missus was lolling with her head back catching flys.

J

You were in an aircraft with wooden benches?

Don't tell Ryanair FFS.