Holyrood 2016 Election - Polls Ahoy. - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood 2016 Election - Polls Ahoy.

Guest Extreme0

Tactical voting has feck all to do with anything. Ill be voting Green's in the regional list as I want more Green MSPs in parliament, even at the expense of SNP MSPs. Guys like Andy Wightman would be great addition to the parliament.

IMO, the SNP have to up their game. Handing them another majority, never mind a bigger one, will harm the independence cause to be honest.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No UKIP would make me happy.

I hope I'm not wrong but I can't see that they've got a cat in hell's chance. They picked up 140000 votes in the European elections and only 47000 in the General election.

Different elections and different voting methods but I think that the publicity they got in Scotland in the General Election has shown them up to the electorate for what they are. I suspect that a lot of the people who voted for them in 2014 had never heard of David Coburn let alone seen him in action.

No chance whatsoever of them winning in any constituencies and even on the left, I would imagine that people who might be minded to give them a "second" vote would be more likely to give that to one of the other Unionist parties.

It's an internal matter for members so hasn't been advertised, it is in the public domain due to some members voicing their opinion on it so I don't think I'll be murdered in the dead of night for telling folk about it :lol:. Info in the link below.

http://tommyballgovan.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/why-ssp-members-should-vote-against.html

I've no idea how the vote will go, definitely out of the loop :lol:. The members who I've spoken out against it are the "Old Guard", I like Tommy Ball, he speaks out against Colin Fox's moronic rhetoric, but he's been around long enough not to get turfed out for it. :wink2:. I'm agree with Tommy in this instance, caution always caution.

Thanks for that.

I follow Tommy on Twitter and he's usually good form, although not always when he tweets about football (he's a Celtic fan very much of the paranoid, 'it's all a conspiracy' variety).

I can see his logic here though. It would be foolish for the SSP to vote itself out of existence to link up with a group who seem to be very much at the nascent stage, especially with an election to be fought next year. The SSP do look in dire need of a reboot but I think there probably needs to be more discussion about how this proposed new entity might look, how it is going to be structured and what its actual aims and policies might be.

I hope I'm not wrong but I can't see that they've got a cat in hell's chance. They picked up 140000 votes in the European elections and only 47000 in the General election.

Different elections and different voting methods but I think that the publicity they got in Scotland in the General Election has shown them up to the electorate for what they are. I suspect that a lot of the people who voted for them in 2014 had never heard of David Coburn let alone seen him in action.

No chance whatsoever of them winning in any constituencies and even on the left, I would imagine that people who might be minded to give them a "second" vote would be more likely to give that to one of the other Unionist parties.

UKIP are essentially an anti-EU and anti- immigration party. That's their USP. Since the Scottish parliament's has no control over either area, I can't see them securing too many votes next year either.

When Salmond did that, wasn't it to put them at the top of the ballot paper, alphabetically?

Maybe they should put the "Almighty Nicola Sturgeon for First Minister" - that'll put the SNP at the top of the ballot paper.

Thanks for that.

I follow Tommy on Twitter and he's usually good form, although not always when he tweets about football (he's a Celtic fan very much of the paranoid, 'it's all a conspiracy' variety).

I can see his logic here though. It would be foolish for the SSP to vote itself out of existence to link up with a group who seem to be very much at the nascent stage, especially with an election to be fought next year. The SSP do look in dire need of a reboot but I think there probably needs to be more discussion about how this proposed new entity might look, how it is going to be structured and what its actual aims and policies might be.

Don't get him started on the Offensive Behaviour bill :lol:... Actually, do! :lol:

And then when you quote someone who has said it it changes to Honeypot.... The mods are really going out their way to make me feel unwelcome :(

Yes, I suspected cyberbullying when I innocently included 'com_rade' in a post yesterday :angry:. Edited by Charlie Endell

Thanks for that.

Going by Twitter, the SSP have voted to enter into open talks with the Scottish Left Project.

Looks like they are still taking the cautious approach without closing the door on the SLP completely, which is sensible. I guess it is now a case of 'watch this space'.

Sorry, I have researched and I am still unclear. Is this correct? Is it better for me to vote for another indy supporting party in my list vote than voting twice for SNP? #cannaegetmyheidrouindit http://blog.independencelive.net/dont-be-mean-in-se16/

I think the difference in 2016 will be that the SNP will win most, if not all, the constituency seats. This will change the parameters of the list vote, making it less of a necessity to keep Sturgeon as FM...