B.b King - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

he's they guy who made me love blues.... I saw him in Glasgow in the 90s and he came round shaking everyones hand - when I walked away he had pressed a little pin badge of Lucille into my hand...... what a legend and what a singer, gives me shivers to listen to his voice.....

Saw him at the Pavilion in 1987 and he was ace.

It was the night of the OF game where McAvennie, Butcher and Woods had their famous handbags in the six-yard box. At the gig later that evening somebody threw a Gers scarf onstage, and BB picked it up and put it round his neck. The look on his face when everybody started booing was priceless!!

RIP BB.

I'm heading your way again next month. I'll be sure to have a Pabst or 2 in his memory!

Chicago itself again is it? At least this time you'll get the weather. It really is a tale of two places in the winter and summer here.

Chicago itself again is it? At least this time you'll get the weather. It really is a tale of two places in the winter and summer here.

Aye. Honeymoon last year and "work" this time. I work in travel (kind of) so "work" consists of being flown out and put up for free while the tourist board show us round all the sites and take us to the best restaurants in the hope that we'll come back home and sell it. It's a tough job at times! Especially when I'm not actually on the selling side of things!

It'll be good to see the city with a bit less snow and a lot more sunshine. Just got the itinerary in this morning and it's completely different to what we did last year so I'm looking forward to it.

Off to the big house of blues in the sky. :(

A proper musical legend. Without him no Clapton, Richards or Gilmour. Was still gigging at 89 years old!

I'm not sure those two are positives, but I'll forgive the great man.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Someone recently carried out a study and out of all the popular music genres bluesmen live longest.

Owning your pain obviously helps you relax and live longer.

Been having a listen to some of my BB cds this morning as a tribute. What a voice!

But he sold his soul , that dizny count !

Johnson's songs are tremendous, but somewhat let down by the recording technology available at the time - I've got The Complete Recordings - sounds like he was playing at the bottom of a well. Just a pity Old Nick didn't book him into a decent studio. Edited by Charlie Endell

• 2 weeks later...