Aviva Stadium - How Many Scots In Atttendance - Page 3 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aviva Stadium - How Many Scots In Atttendance

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donegal lad was saying abbey get 15 percent of tickets, think he was reffering to away allocation not home ?

Could this be the abbey home section ?

The 15% I was mentioning us for our away games not sure how many they get to sell for hone games

If I was to estimate I'd say won't be many more of yous in the aviva as were us in Celtic park in November so around 8k. Think some people are over exaggerating the number of tickets bought in 501 and 502 by scots to start with. Have to remember for irish fans who aren't season ticket holders this was the only opportunity to guarantee tickets and also the fai could only sell a very limited number of these packages

As newryrep mentioned earlier tickets for the Scotland game are selling better in the clubs presale than they did for the poland game. A 2nd presale is to be offered to the 10k season ticket holders yet (can purchase 4 each if same as poland) the fact that 7000 tickets went on general sale for the poland game helped increase the number of poles in the home end.

I said a while back on here didn't think would be a general sale for Scotland and will stick to that.

I think the number could be a lot higher than many are anticipating. The only real grounds I have for this is that I know a lot of people going, many of whom don't usually bother with Scotland games. Most who want tickets are prepared to pay over the odds for them. I'll stick with my guesstimate of around the 12k mark

There was lots of interest in this game from when the draw was made. Our results have seen a growth in the interest. Irelands draw with Poland has put the interest to another level. It's a Saturday game,easy to travel to and can do in a weekend at a push. As mentioned above there are loads of people going who don't normally bother. I said 10k but hope it's more.

Newry rep you seem like a great guy. Any chance of backing that up and supply me with some tickets. :-》

Ahh now Andy I am sure you will understand that we are trying to fill it with irish

I myself have dissuaded a colleague from taking his 3 kids to the England game in favour of seeing you'r lot

Having said that if you really want to see the game as opposed to those just going for a session a ticket will usually turn up

There will be a fair few trying to make a few bob including our own supporters clubs

Good luck anyway

Ahh now Andy I am sure you will understand that we are trying to fill it with irish

I myself have dissuaded a colleague from taking his 3 kids to the England game in favour of seeing you'r lot

Having said that if you really want to see the game as opposed to those just going for a session a ticket will usually turn up

There will be a fair few trying to make a few bob including our own supporters clubs

Good luck anyway

Money, talks lots of tickets will be available on the day, The bad news is that you may have to pay over the odds.

Oh well back to the drawing board. I actually have a ticket, but my old mate who is going on what will be his last away game is taking his grandson and are without tickets.I'm sure there is a knight in shining armour out there somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Think there could be as many as 15000 ta in the ground snapping up tickets for all sections of the stadium, maybe a couple of thousand more without tickets,momentum is gathering for this game it's huge, scots now trying by whatever means to get there hands on tickets, keep snapping them up.

Think there could be as many as 15000 ta in the ground snapping up tickets for all sections of the stadium, maybe a couple of thousand more without tickets,momentum is gathering for this game it's huge, scots now trying by whatever means to get there hands on tickets, keep snapping them up.

more the merrier, every supporter in the stadium cheering on the boys will help.

IN GOrD WE TRUST

2gud21c.jpg

8000-10000 is more realistic. Many will be happy for a weekend away, especially with the lack of affordable home tickets.

£75 seems to be the going rate, once the touts or ( tout companies) have added their fees.

Agree depends on whether people are prepared to pay that, or spend it in the pub.

£75 seems to be the going rate, once the touts or ( tout companies) have added their fees.

Agree depends on whether people are prepared to pay that, or spend it in the pub.

Saying that my brother has bought a couple of the Abbey Travel tickets as he said he wasn't making the effort to go over for a long weekend & then watching it in a pub.

Saying that my brother has bought a couple of the Abbey Travel tickets as he said he wasn't making the effort to go over for a long weekend & then watching it in a pub.

Always like to make the game, even more so now we are actually winning games.

:-))

when previous managers were in charge gong to the game could put you on a right downer. :!:

There were sponsor tickets handed back to SSC for the Germany game which were sold over the phone on a 'who called and asked basis'. They were for seats on the half way line and not in with the away section. I would like to think 10,000 is not too far away with a good few more in the pubs of Dublin.

I can back that up. I rung up and got a lad travelling with us a ticket 3 days before the game. He was on zero points. Bit of a boot in the baws for anyone that lost out in the ballot. If there even was one? I can't mind. Not blaming the ssc btw, no point in tickets going unused.

Anyway lassie said to me it was due to 'freebies being handed back'.

Our presale is just about to end at 12 o'clock. Still tickets available which means more than likely there will be a general sale which will have a very limited number of tickets available (from looking at seating map is tickets in upper south stand and a few left in the west upper and lower. Only others are premium level priced at €120)

The fai did something different for general sale for England selling them in a number of shops before putting them online (still not online) i wonder will they do similar for this game. Will stick to my estimate of between 8-10k Scottish in the stadium (was similar talk of us having 15-20k in Glasgow and was way of the mark IMO)

I can back that up. I rung up and got a lad travelling with us a ticket 3 days before the game. He was on zero points. Bit of a boot in the baws for anyone that lost out in the ballot. If there even was one? I can't mind. Not blaming the ssc btw, no point in tickets going unused.

Anyway lassie said to me it was due to 'freebies being handed back'.

Don't know what SSC can do (don't think ballot exists anymore) Its worth calling SSC for this game as they will sell any hand backs again on a first to ask basis. I call them most days and they say nothing as yet, but its worth calling back on a regular basis.

Edited by DoubleSC

Given that there will be no general sale I reckon we're probably looking at 5,500 Scots being inside Lansdowne Rd.

We've around 250,000 Poles living in Ireland and tickets were on general sale and there was in region of 15,000 there on the night.

All the talk in Ireland is about the Scottish fixture. The fans are turning up for their team.

Edited by TheBoysinGreen

Given that there will be no general sale I reckon we're probably looking at 5,500 Scots being inside Lansdowne Rd.

We've around 250,000 Poles living in Ireland and tickets were on general sale and there was in region of 15,000 there on the night.

All the talk in Ireland is about the Scottish fixture. The fans are turning up for their team.

There will be a public sale, do not believe this insidious propaganda sent to get us panicking.

There will be more than 5,500 in the ground.

There will be about 15000 in Dublin but I expect 8,000 in the ground. Know plenty of people who've got Ireland end tickets via ticket tout websites, Ticketmaster, Abbey Travel, Sponsors (Aviva) etc and that's just me!