600 Away Fans At Rugby Park - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

600 Away Fans At Rugby Park

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, given the KO time, ticket price, and the fact you could watch it from the comfort of your own couch, minus the 2 hour round trip from your weegie suburb, I can completely understand the dons not travelling in numbers.

:P

Kidding aside, even if you're a 30 game a season fan, an away game, live on TV on a Sunday lunchtime is an easy one to miss.

600 away for most clubs in the top flight is a good support, for us it's poor which is an indicator of how many we actually take on average.

The kick off time was obviously a big factor and the prices of over £20 (don't know exact entry fee at Kilmarnock) for a game that was on TV would've put people off when they add on travel costs.

Main thing is the team got another good result, didn't get chance to see game but from what I heard we just about deserved it and Kilmarnock made it difficult. Second should be assured now, we're actually closer to Celtic than Inverness and the rest are to us.

I think its time to bring back Bobby Clark.He may be a pensioner but he would do a better job than the 2 clowns we have in goal.

Haha, sad but true.

Brown's record looks good because of the defence in front of him, he's made a few blunders that would've got more attention had it been Langfield.

Haha, sad but true.

Brown's record looks good because of the defence in front of him, he's made a few blunders that would've got more attention had it been Langfield.

Brown is awful....another one of these Rab Douglas types who is actually smaller when he jumps.

A complete liability with cross-balls/set-pieces, etc etc....all teams have to do are get corners and eventually he'll punch one into his own net or something equally pish.

Singlehandedly cost us the League Cup semi-final, and if he hadn't f*cked up in the last minute of a game we dominated against Celtic at Pittodrie, we'd only be a point behind them now.

OLAS was obviously on the wind-up given that the Jags only took about 200 a few miles across the city to sellick park midweek for the 2-0 game - given that stat the 600 sheep going to rugby park at midday was laudable

I thought Killie's home support was a good bit higher than that - your comment obviously suggests not.

It is but we've been shite all season. 1215 on a Sunday live on TV.

The whole MJ factor has killed a big percentage of our support. Depressing.

15 years ago we were averaging 11m for home games. Now its less than 4.5k.

In fact a few years back we took something like 2600 to St Mirren for an away game. Now we only have something like 3000 season ticket holders.

We're playing at Parkhead on Wednesday and I think it'll be our lowest crowd there ever. There's only me and my mate good from our bus.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

OLAS was obviously on the wind-up given that the Jags only took about 200 a few miles across the city to sellick park midweek for the 2-0 game - given that stat the 600 sheep going to rugby park at midday was laudable

As a Jags fan that says more about the venue. Having supported them for 39 years and been to nearly every ground in Scotland I've never been there or Ibrox and can tell you I never will.

90s were the best times. So much positivity, team on the up, new stadium, big crowds, winning a trophy, playing in Europe.

It was a bit of a peak though, the average was below 10,000 when we won the league, and when I started going 4 figures was a good crowd.

Having been through such a highpoint it's a pretty depressing state of affairs at the moment though. I see the Moffat Stand isn't going to be used next season now too. Not sure what can be done to rejuvenate things tbh...