Ukip And The Orange Order - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ukip And The Orange Order

I read that someone senior on their own side (some Ulster unionist) was urging them to think again.

These clowns don't do joined up thinking though, so they'll crack on with their march in a subtle, nuanced attempt to persuade undecided voters where their interests lie :wtf:

More evidence that makes you wonder if the No campaign actually believe that voting no is the best thing for Scotland. They've still to come up with a single statement that ensures Scots that we will be better together as part of the union going forward other than trying the scaremongering tactics which are backfiring big time!

I read that up to 2000 Unionists may be coming over from Ulster....that's more of a threat than a march isn't it?

Go get them to march in every major city/town in Scotland and the job is done !! - out dated and ignorant people with a 200 year gap in history.

Scotland is for today and the future with a proud history of yester year , we do not need now and never did need a bigoted orange man waving a union jack telling us about some young guys closing the some gates in NI

Vote "Yes" and rid these lands of this type scum

I read that up to 2000 Unionists may be coming over from Ulster....that's more of a threat than a march isn't it?

I was browsing through some of the Irish papers at Heathrow for their opinion on the story. Surprised me that they seem to be taking a bit of the same negative slant as the UK press, but there was also talk of a referendum on Irish reunification being on the cards if there's a Yes vote (maybe that's why many in Dublin don't want it?!)...

I was browsing through some of the Irish papers at Heathrow for their opinion on the story. Surprised me that they seem to be taking a bit of the same negative slant as the UK press, but there was also talk of a referendum on Irish reunification being on the cards if there's a Yes vote (maybe that's why many in Dublin don't want it?!)...

I've been watching how the Irish state broadcaster's TV news has been covering the debate, and like you say there's a definite similarity to the London media in the coverage.

I suspect the Irish government are privately against the idea of an independent Scotland. Opens up a new headache in the North, and also provides new competition to the Irish economy which is heavily reliant on Foreign Direct Investment. The political class over here are well aware that the SNP plan to cut corporation tax to try and attract the multinationals.