Atmosphere - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atmosphere

scottincarlisle

Nice wee gash on the back o ma leg fae jumping around like a nut. What a moment.

Likewise. Right behind the goal so had a great view of it (just as well as I was seeing double by then). Had my arm round the German boy next to me bouncing him around for a bit before I thought "hmmm maybe this guy doesn't want to celebrate his team losing a goal?" Shook his mitt and he was cool with it :ok:

Definitely the most bonkers Scotland goal celebration i've ever been involved in (was not in Paris 07), i would say it slightly had the edge over Wembley celebrations last year, absolutely mental!! :ok:

I must say it's novel going to away games and actually getting to celebrate one or two goals.

J

Definitely the most bonkers Scotland goal celebration i've ever been involved in (was not in Paris 07), i would say it slightly had the edge over Wembley celebrations last year, absolutely mental!! :ok:

Same here I was going Baas as I was at Wembley. Sitting behind some German youngsters and right beside a German Milf and her family we all shook hands before and after the game (my drunken choice). We all shook hands at the end but I was raging with some of the Officials decisions and going by some of the Germans faces looked they knew they had a fair turn of the wheel. ~cheatinbassref~

This was my laddie's first away game - he's 15. As soon as we got in the stadium, just before the anthems, l could see what a proper fitba stadium we were in and yes the atmosphere was awesome. He was lucky tae get that kind o thing at his first away game and l think he was well impressed with the TA performance. We just had a great trip and the only frustration was that we didnae take the result that was there for us . . .

I work in Germany when I got back to work on Tuesday my workmates could not believe the noise from the Scotland support its all they were talking about as 1 said 90 minutes of pure passion

Yes, all my German pals said the same. Nop notch support and not the orchestrated support that they're used to in Germany. They loved the atmosphere and on tv apparently all you could hear were the TA. Funnily enough from the Sud tribune though it was not so easy hear the Scotland fans.

Probably my best ever away trip. Better than Paris in my view.

Yes, all my German pals said the same. Nop notch support and not the orchestrated support that they're used to in Germany. They loved the atmosphere and on tv apparently all you could hear were the TA. Funnily enough from the Sud tribune though it was not so easy hear the Scotland fans.

Probably my best ever away trip. Better than Paris in my view.

Ahem, we won in Paris...

Ahem, we won in Paris...

That's right laddie and credit tae the boys that night but to be honest it was a bit o a rear guard action and that wasnae the case in Dortmund - despite taking on the world champions in their ain place, wae important players oot, and a blatantly biased referee wie gied them a game. l would always prefer that tae the likes o Paris or places like Alicante, Brussels, and Amsterdam where we got overran. Whatever happens in this qualifying l am all for what WGS has done wae the boys . . .