Ticket Pick Up Info - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Pick Up Info

jcs

email from SSC regarding pick up info says tickets available for pickup at Hovels brewery

Hoher Wall 5

44137 Dortmund

Germany

Saturday 6th times 1500hrs-1730hrs

2000hrs-2200hrs

Sunday 7th times 1100hrs-1300hrs

1500hrs-1700hrs

AT THE STADIUM 6;30pm (behind north stand)

im glad we got ours delivered as staying in dusseldorf

Unfortunately I have to pick my ticket up in Dortmund and I am staying in Dusseldorf. I cannot believe the SFA reply to my problem with obtaining free transport from Dusseldorf with out a match ticket. They seem to think that because "transport fares are already very cheap in Germany" that it is ok for me to buy a train ticket when I should be able to get one for free with my match ticket. I have suggested they post me my ticket and I turn up at Hovels Brewery in Dortmund to prove I will attend the match. I know that the train fare will be cheap but on a point of principle who are the SFA to tell me to pay for something I should be getting for free. I await a reply but do not expect much help from the SFA. Here is the SFAs response to my request to post my ticket to me:-

Hi Ally,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to help you out as the free transport offer has been put in place by the German FA, not us. However, we have been made aware that the transport fares are already very cheap in Germany.

Apologies for not being able to help on this occasion. If there is anything else we can help with please get back in touch.

Best Wishes

Scotland Supporters Club

Edited by allywilson

I was on the phone to them this afternoon to buy a ticket (change of plans so I can now go). Could have got a £48 ticket but they said it was too late to post, whch I would question. I'm staying in Dusseldorf as well and if i was going to pay that kind of money I would want my train travel covered, tt's about 38 euro return so it's not that cheap. I even offered to go and pick it up from their office but that's is not possible for whatever reason. I'm on 8 points so could have easily harvested but wanted to do the right thing, that's a lesson learned. Bearing in mind we've all had to pay £50 for membership you would expect better customer service.

You don't get it. I wasn't chosen to pick up. I tried to buy a ticket and ask they post it to me, they refused, i asked if I could pick it up and they refused, their perogative i suppose but not very helpful. If i was chosen to pick up in a ballot that would be a different matter.

The whole pick up system is a waste of time in any case as it has no impact on harvesting. Note the Scotland end tickets being sold on this message board. If someone buys a ticket to harvest and is then asked to pick up all he or she has to do is contact the SSC to say they can no longer travel for whatever reason. That's why they had tickets when i called today. If you aren't harvesting and asked to pick up it's an inconveniece, not a major one in most cases. It might actually generate a wee bit a revenue as returned tickets aren't refunded so are sold twice, helps pay for the staff trips I suppose.

They should forget it or maybe try 100% pick up.

You don't get it. I wasn't chosen to pick up. I tried to buy a ticket and ask they post it to me, they refused, i asked if I could pick it up and they refused, their perogative i suppose but not very helpful. If i was chosen to pick up in a ballot that would be a different matter.

The whole pick up system is a waste of time in any case as it has no impact on harvesting. Note the Scotland end tickets being sold on this message board. If someone buys a ticket to harvest and is then asked to pick up all he or she has to do is contact the SSC to say they can no longer travel for whatever reason. That's why they had tickets when i called today. If you aren't harvesting and asked to pick up it's an inconveniece, not a major one in most cases. It might actually generate a wee bit a revenue as returned tickets aren't refunded so are sold twice, helps pay for the staff trips I suppose.

They should forget it or maybe try 100% pick up.

No,you don't get it,the game is in one city,you are staying in another.

They asked you to pick up,you refused.

That's your choice.

Why should they bend over and let everyone choose where and when they get their tickets from?

The free travel had nothing to do with them,I know a couple of 9 pointers that have to collect,it doesn't help their plans,but there's plenty varied times in Dortmund to get them,so if you don't like the rules,don't join,end of.

Edit to add:

As to your point that they wouldn't send it out,I agree with that,I stay in Aberdeen,I have no intentions of travelling to the game,what's to say that I couldn't call up 3 days before the game,say my circumstances have changed and can now make the game,offer to pay for special delivery,have it next day,take the point,then not bother going?

That's the whole idea of the system,it works,get over it.

Edited by dandydunn

Oh I am over it. I certainly didn't ask them to bend over, just post a letter.

It's a fair point you make make though regarding them posting the ticket and me not going (as it applies to all tickets posted). Didn't even think of that, probably because I wasn't considering the harvesting angle, if that's the reason they wouldn't post or let me pick up from their office fair enough. An explanation would be nice but i suppose it's not easy to tell someone we're not going to do that because we think your a dodgy.xxxxxxxxxx.

I was on the phone to them this afternoon to buy a ticket (change of plans so I can now go). Could have got a £48 ticket but they said it was too late to post, whch I would question. I'm staying in Dusseldorf as well and if i was going to pay that kind of money I would want my train travel covered, tt's about 38 euro return so it's not that cheap. I even offered to go and pick it up from their office but that's is not possible for whatever reason. I'm on 8 points so could have easily harvested but wanted to do the right thing, that's a lesson learned. Bearing in mind we've all had to pay £50 for membership you would expect better customer service.

Why would you buy a return when you would have a match ticket that would cover your train back to Dusseldorf after the game? For the sake of about £15 you have decided to not buy a Scotland end ticket but how much is that in relation to the cost of your whole trip? I just don't get it, folk will spend £500 on this trip and moan about an extra £15 or so for a match day train fare just because some others aren't having to pay it. Green cheese indeed.

Did we not sell out our allocation then? Or is it often worth phoning them up close to the match to see if they have some left over? I naively thought they would try and dish these out to people on 0 or 1 points that didn't get them in the original sale

Did we not sell out our allocation then? Or is it often worth phoning them up close to the match to see if they have some left over? I naively thought they would try and dish these out to people on 0 or 1 points that didn't get them in the original sale

These are tickets that returned because of cancellations so It's worth giving them a call. If you're travelling anyway leave your number with them even if they don't have any at the moment and ask them to get in touch if tickets become available. You can always try turning up at the last pick session to see if there are any uncollected. Just make it easy for them to re-allocate if there are spares at the last minute. Remember to take your SSC card though. The German FA are still selling tickets but these things are worth trying if you want to get the point.

Now the random collection e-mails are out you shouldn't be surprised that a few more tickets are available.

Well i think its diabolical that the ssc cant let people check in at pick up point and send tickets out.So no we dont need pick up points in cities all over germany just send tickets out then random check in at dortmund.

Who the fecks goin to harvest a point for this game anyway.

I just think the ssc could use a bit of common sense and help their members save a bit money.

These are tickets that returned because of cancellations so It's worth giving them a call. If you're travelling anyway leave your number with them even if they don't have any at the moment and ask them to get in touch if tickets become available. You can always try turning up at the last pick session to see if there are any uncollected. Just make it easy for them to re-allocate if there are spares at the last minute. Remember to take your SSC card though. The German FA are still selling tickets but these things are worth trying if you want to get the point.

Cheers. i've got one anyway but I thought they kept a list or something for folk who would be waiting on them rather than for folk who phone up. . worth bearing in mind if i get stuck sometime though!

Well i think its diabolical that the ssc cant let people check in at pick up point and send tickets out.So no we dont need pick up points in cities all over germany just send tickets out then random check in at dortmund.

Who the fecks goin to harvest a point for this game anyway.

I just think the ssc could use a bit of common sense and help their members save a bit money.

Again,it's not the ssc's fault that people choose to stay in a city that the game isn't hosted in.

With regards to tickets being available closer to time of game, I know a few lads that have did this before & secured tickets. There are always cancellations once the emails are sent out about random pick up so if your ever struggling it's always worth a try & just contact them. They'll obviously not send out an email to everyone if it's only a handful of tickets though

Random ticket pick up was installed because of ticket harvesting and you still have an 80-85% chance of success.

I can t see the point with the free public transfer for the ones who have their ticket before.

I have to pick up my ticket every time, home and away.

A bit of common sense would be to bin collection for this match (unless requested by the SSC member). It's not a fixture for harvesters - if folk aren't going to to go to a fixture like this then what the hell are they harvesting for?

Edit: Mind you, I see a single on a non-ICE train from Duesseldorf to Dortmund is only £14.50, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter much.

Edited by Charlie Endell