Ticket Pick Up Info - Page 2 - Germany v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Pick Up Info

jcs

A bit of common sense would be to bin collection for this match (unless requested by the SSC member). It's not a fixture for harvesters - if folk aren't going to to go to a fixture like this then what the hell are they harvesting for?

Edit: Mind you, I see a single on a non-ICE train from Duesseldorf to Dortmund is only £14.50, so in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter much.

There's someone on one of the other threads saying he has a spare ticket as his "mate" can't make it anymore.

Well i think its diabolical that the ssc cant let people check in at pick up point and send tickets out.So no we dont need pick up points in cities all over germany just send tickets out then random check in at dortmund.

Who the fecks goin to harvest a point for this game anyway.

I just think the ssc could use a bit of common sense and help their members save a bit money.

Well said m8. It's not the money it's the principle. I thought it was a bit cheeky of The Supporters Club to tell me that "transport fares in Germany are very cheap". Like they are saying we don't care how much you spend to travel away.

Edited by allywilson

Well i think its diabolical that the ssc cant let people check in at pick up point and send tickets out.So no we dont need pick up points in cities all over germany just send tickets out then random check in at dortmund.

That's as much inconvenience as having to collect the ticket. If someone with SSC ticket doesn't turn up to "check in", what's going to happen? A letter to ask why they didn't sign the register?. Oh, my flight was late and I only had 10 minutes to kick off. Send in hotel receipts please. OK. Pre book a hotel on E-bookers and print of the copy then cancel the room. Get a mates receipt.Too easy to frig the system.

The reason folks are moaning about collection this time, is that they have decided to stay in Dusseldorf, and aren't getting a free train journey. Fecking tough. Game is in Dortmund. Always has been.

Its good that the Germans put the free transport on. But because it doesn't fit in with some peoples travel/party arrangements, they can't look for a scapegoat and blame the SSC.

Well said m8. It's not the money it's the principle. I thought it was a bit cheeky of The Supporters Club to tell me that "transport fares in Germany are very cheap". Like they are saying we don't care how much you spend to travel away.

I don't think that's what they are saying Ally. It seems to me like they are just saying if you've paid to travel and stay, the short train journey is not going to break you financially.

I don't really understand the point of the thread. Everyone knows the rules on collection, whether we agree with how it's done or not. The SSC aren't going to change the rules on a game by game basis. If the game was to be played in Munich, the vast majority would have been in Munich for the weekend. It just so happens the game is being played where the TA have a choice of 2 fantastic cities to camp out and for those who chose Dusseldorf, as we did, we were always going to run that risk. It wasn't even in our thinking when we booked our flights & hotel because we didn't know about free match day travel and expected to pay it anyway!

Of course it's not going to break me financially, I just thought they could have been more helpful as in post me my ticket and I turn up to prove I was there. If I don't turn up I don't get a point.Although, to me, getting a point is not the be all and end all. It's not an inconvenience for me to go to the collection point. Anyway as you say the whole thread is a bit pointless, and boring now, so I will not add anything else.

Edited by allywilson