Germany V Scotland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Germany V Scotland

Scotty CTA

only saw the 2nd half - hope this does a lot for the teams confidence (defending aside) was refreshing to see some of the attacking play

do hope we can convert this into good perfomances in other games

(although we did have a decent perfomance and identical score away under Berti 11 years back ; with Mo Ross in the team too.....)

only saw the 2nd half - hope this does a lot for the teams confidence (defending aside) was refreshing to see some of the attacking play

do hope we can convert this into good perfomances in other games

(although we did have a decent perfomance and identical score away under Berti 11 years back ; with Mo Ross in the team too.....)

Made the playoff that year. Could be an oman :ok:.

Strachan looks gutted in the press conference that we didnt win which is a measure of how well we done. Now to crack on and take points from the games we need to.

C'MON SCOTLAND!!!!!

I don't get why MacArthur comes on before bryson , Bryson is the best attacking midfielder in championship by far and his stats back this up , 16 goals and same amount of assists playing in the same league as MacArthur who didn't have half of this makes me wonder why MacArthur gets the nod in front of him , Bryson was shoved out right against Norway in a game where no one played well but give him a game in his own position and you will see the most improved player in the championship

I don't get why MacArthur comes on before bryson , Bryson is the best attacking midfielder in championship by far and his stats back this up , 16 goals and same amount of assists playing in the same league as MacArthur who didn't have half of this makes me wonder why MacArthur gets the nod in front of him , Bryson was shoved out right against Norway in a game where no one played well but give him a game in his own position and you will see the most improved player in the championship

Erm... Because McArthur is a defensive mid and came on in that position

Eh exactly we were in the ascendency at this point , an attacking midfielder might have won us the game , he came on and lost us the game

We took 2 midfielders off (Fletcher and Bannan) and replaced them with a forward and a midfielder (Fletcher and MacArthur) so we're already going more attack minded by making this switch.

came away from the game full of mixed emotions. Really expected us to lose by at 2. But after they went one up our discipline and shape was excellent. Strachan proved what an excellent manager he is by the way he sent us out in the second half. Players deserve nothing but total credit. We need to follow this up with at least 4/6 in the next two games.

I was at the game (amongst German supporters) on Sunday night with my brother and his two sons and got back yesterday evening. My thoughts are that we can take plenty from that game. I am sure we all feared a pasting when they got an earlyish goal but we dug in and hung in there and didn't look disorganised or panicked. The second half we looked much more potent up front and Naismith narrowly missed in the first few minutes and then Anya scored a well-worked goal which he took very calmly. It was crazy being amongst Germans leaping around like a madman with around ten other Scots surrounded by Germans but they were brand new. For a few minutes after our equaliser we were the dominant force and can see why Strachan says he thought we were going to win but things fizzled out and we conceded a very poor goal to chalk up another heroic defeat.

The team can be proud of how they performed against the world champions with the only gripes I have being Whittaker was exposed too many times, the end result and the fact we conceded two soft goals. Apart from that much to take from the match such as great spirit, positiveness from Strachan to go two up front away to Germany and get us back in the match and on the whole the team all played well. I'd single out Bannan in the first half as he was everywhere and ran himself into the ground and Anya also was a constant thorn in the Germany team's side. Good to see Steven Fletcher contribute with a lovely pass to set Anya through for the goal.

Okay so results elsewhere never went our way but we can take great heart that if we can leave Germany with them clinging on for the win we should have no fear playing the rest of the teams in the group but we must keep this standard of play up. All this the other night as well without three certain starters in Brown, Snodgrass and Robertson.

I can never see the attraction of MacArthur. There must be something good as he is usually in the squad. Every time I see him for Scotland he has the incredible knack of winning the ball and immediately giving it back to the opposition (often more effectively than they were managing themselves).

When the squad was announced for the Germany game we all had our opinions on who should and shouldn,t have been in, my thoughts are that WGS got it just about spot on, Tom Cairney was mentioned a lot but IMO dont think would have done any better than the midfielders on show , not the game for an out and out striker like Rhodes , i know Brown ,Snodgrass and Robertson are first choice but weren,t available so i think Macarthur will feature for us a lot in this campaign albeit as a sub as will Bannan and i feel both did a job for us the other night , dont think too many changes will be made this campaign only for injuries and suspensions