Relationship With Cars - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Relationship With Cars

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of an incident last year overtaking on the M77, 4x4 suddenly appeared about a foot from my rear bumper. Naturally I took as long as possible before pulling in as you would and watched irate 4x4 man hoor off into the distance, revealing a huge "UKOK" sticker on his rear window.

Never was a piece of car decoration more appropriate.

Do people behave differently towards different cars on the road - in terms of couresy and respect?

if i'm in stop/start traffic i'll not let out something like a van or a range rover/ audi q7 type of vehicle.from a side road.

Simply because i dont want to have my forward vision blocked by their big vehicle for the rest of my journey.

Also with the range rover/audi q7 types it will probably be an auto and they'll sit with their foot on the brake all the time blinding me with their 6 dozen led brake lights that all these vehicles seem to have these days.

something interesting like a Honda s2000 or a mitsubishi evo would get waved out.

The gimps that drive BMW's who forget all rules of the road the second they step into one. Auld folk that drive Volvo's, Jaguars, Qashqai's and recently Dacia's have no idea what is going on round about them. Courier drivers are lunatics as well.

Not all volvos are driven by auld folk. I'm on my second s40 and love them both. The new c30 and v40 are attracting the younger generation as well

if i'm in stop/start traffic i'll not let out something like a van or a range rover/ audi q7 type of vehicle.from a side road.

Simply because i dont want to have my forward vision blocked by their big vehicle for the rest of my journey.

Also with the range rover/audi q7 types it will probably be an auto and they'll sit with their foot on the brake all the time blinding me with their 6 dozen led brake lights that all these vehicles seem to have these days.

something interesting like a Honda s2000 or a mitsubishi evo would get waved out.

What about a Porsche....?

Do people behave differently towards different cars on the road - in terms of couresy and respect?

yup - i cut up the taxis in cape town all the time in cape town , mother feckers are always cutting you up, pressing pedestrian crossing button, to block mini bus taxis behind them