Line Up And Result Predictions. N Ireland. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Line Up And Result Predictions. N Ireland.

TartanDave

As it says, what you's reckon? I hope for

Gordon

Hutton

Martin

Berra

Robertson

Brown

Fletcher

Anya

Naismith

Maloney

Fletcher

I expect as above but Marshall, Greer, Morrison for Gordon berra and fletcher. Have a horrible feeling whitaker might come in for robertson. Think it will be a dull affair. 0-0, 1-0 us or 2-0 us. Would like to see Rhodes score off bench but don't see it happening!

I like that team. I think it's the best we can put together with the squad we have. I suspect that WGS may try and give some game time to less regular players though.

N. Irn. have got some impressive results lately, so shouldn't be discounted. I reckon we'll sneak it 2-1 though.

Edited by COLT NY

I do not think Strachan will venture far from his usual team from the qualifiers..... just a case of does he start McGregor or Gordon in the first half..... will he play Greer or Berra beside Martin (I suspect Berra might start tonight)... maybe a change in midfield (ie Forest or Russell starting rather than Maloney.... McArthur rather than Fletcher or Morrison etc) and though I think Steven Fletcher will start tonight, I would not be surprised if May or Rhodes was to start (Record saying that Rhodes has had a knock this week though).

Think a pretty good 2-0 win tonight :ok:

Edited by wanderer

Any Northern Ireland fans on here able to offer any kind of line up prediction?

[/quote

Not really. ....best guess.....start with

Carroll

McNair

J. Evans

Hughes

D. Lafferty

Baird

Davis

Norwood

C. Evans

McCourt

McKay

Kyle Lafferty, McGinn have niggly injury so unlikely to feature. Hope Jamie Ward doesn't play. ...too injury prone. Chris Brunt may start but heard talk he may have missed training yesterday

Best guess I'm afraid..

Heart says 1-0 to NI

Would settle for 0-0 or 1-1

Head says 2-0 to Scotland.

My strongest line up

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Berra

Robertson

Brown

Morrison

Russell/Maloney

Naismith

Anya

Fletcher

What I would like to see tonight

Gordon

Hutton

Martin

Berra

Robertson

Brown

Fletcher

Ritchie

Naismith

Anya

Rhodes

He has been very clear in the fact he is wanting all players to get onto the pitch at somepoint over the two games.

Strachan in the papers today saying he offered Naismith, Maloney and a few others 2 days holiday and to join up with the squad later for the Gibraltar game, yet all were on the training ground on Monday ready to go.... which if you read between the lines, they were not in his plans for tonight.

Strachan in the papers today saying he offered Naismith, Maloney and a few others 2 days holiday and to join up with the squad later for the Gibraltar game, yet all were on the training ground on Monday ready to go.... which if you read between the lines, they were not in his plans for tonight.

That's good to hear.

I predict we'll wear our away strip!

Actually got me thinking about any other games we have used our away kit at home for...........

Know in the early 80's it was somewhat common for us to wear the red with blue pin stripes kit at home..............

Off top of my head, white Diadora one v Trinidad and Tabago, Yellow Diadora one v Hungary wasn't it..... might have also used the Sky blue change kit at home in a friendly, but not sure.