The Behavior Of Our National Team Captain - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Behavior Of Our National Team Captain

Paul McGrath was a truly great player at both club and international level.

I think what Charlie Endell was referring to, was McGrath's playing career as opposed to the latters personal life in which he has had a terrible battle against alcoholism.

:ok:

Aye, not recommended, but it didn't affect his performances on the park.

Robson was apparently one of the best trainers at Man U - he would sweat out the previous nights excesses - again, not recommended, but it worked for him.

Edited by Charlie Endell

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know what state he was actually in?

An onlooker said "He was a complete mess." (And yes, he looked it.)

One picture cannot tell you how his whole night went.

We're talking about a handful of pictures showing his condition after drinking vodka at the strippers.

Cant say i am overly trobuled that he takes a beer & eats kebabs

If he had only had 'a beer' and eaten kebabs he wouldn't have been in the news.

If he had only had 'a beer' and eaten kebabs he wouldn't have been in the news.

It was hardly newsworthy in the first place. Neither of his managers gave a shit and neither did the Celtic support.

It seems that the only people who cared are the agenda driven media and a few bed wetters on this forum.

It was hardly newsworthy in the first place.

Front page.

Neither of his managers gave a shit and neither did the Celtic support.

It's part of a manager's job to play down the negative, but despite that Ronny even said that he wasn't setting a positive example.

Front page.

It's part of a manager's job to play down the negative, but despite that Ronny even said that he wasn't setting a positive example.

And yet he saw fit to start him on Sunday as captain so in reality, he didn't mind too much. Same with GS calling him up to the national team.

As for it being front page news, well so has some arsehole from big brother getting her tits done and I doubt many people would argue that matters too much either.

And yet he saw fit to start him on Sunday as captain so in reality, he didn't mind too much. Same with GS calling him up to the national team.

They're not going to spite their nose to save their face.

Of the Sun

A paper written by idiots for idiots

It was in all the papers.

Are people still going in about this ?

Would Certain people still be the same if he played for their own club team ?

Eg - if he played for Aberdeen, United, Rangers ?

Some of the 'shocked' posters on here should really have a look at the moral outrage being posted here.....it's truly laughable.

If you genuinely feel that way, and I really doubt that you actually do, then you need to get out more.

Oh, come on.

It was hardly laudable.

It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it was disappointing to see him like that.

Oh, come on.

It was hardly laudable.

It wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it was disappointing to see him like that.

As someone who pays good money to watch him every week I can honestly say that what he does on his night off, provided it wasn't illegal, doesn't interest or bother me in the slightest.

I know people are dying for this to be a big issue but it simply isn't. His performance on Sunday just backs that up.

As someone who pays good money to watch him every week I can honestly say that what he does on his night off, provided it wasn't illegal, doesn't interest or bother me in the slightest.

I know people are dying for this to be a big issue but it simply isn't. His performance on Sunday just backs that up.

I'm not dying for it to be a big issue, I'm just saying that I'm disappointed that a man in his position was photographed in that state, in public. I'd be disappointed in anyone who got into that state, but more so our National team captain - no matter the impact, or lack of it, on his subsequent playing performance. Even his own self-esteem should see him control himself better than this, no?

But, it's not the end of the world.

I'm not dying for it to be a big issue, I'm just saying that I'm disappointed that a man in his position was photographed in that state, in public. I'd be disappointed in anyone who got into that state, but more so our National team captain - no matter the impact, or lack of it, on his subsequent playing performance. Even his own self-esteem should see him control himself better than this, no?

It would be nice if the Celtic supporters could throw us that wee bone.

But, it's not the end of the world.

You must get back from every Scotland game disappointed whether we win, lose or draw then.