Did Bbc In England Get Qos V Falkirk Last Night ? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Did Bbc In England Get Qos V Falkirk Last Night ?

I'm presuming not.

Can someone then please tell me why we're subjected, on BBC 1 Scotland, to the shite that is Aston Villa v WBA ???

Because the cowards that voted No want it. Unfortunately. We are Blighty Brits after all. :worried:

Can people complain when millions pay £ for Sky every year?

More people would probably moan if scotland didn't get it to be honest

It seems to go unquestioned that 'the regions' should get what mainstream BBC (in this case, BBC1 England) shows.

I'm not anti-English in any shape or form, but it seems that as a 'region' we're constantly subjected to this kind of programming that has no relevance at all to Scotland.

Because the cowards that voted No want it. Unfortunately. We are Blighty Brits after all. :worried:

Sad, but true.

Same with Sportsound providing live updates on the scores in games from England.

Do the 'regional' English stations provide live updates on Scottish scores?

I'm going to have a guess here.

Speaking generally,

There's an interest in Scotland that Sportsound satisfies by giving the English score update.

The English "regional" stations don't much give Scottish updates because there's no' really an interest amongst their audiences.

More to the point, the panel for last night's game between Queen of the South and Falkirk, Hibs manager and former celtic player Alan Stubbs and former Celtic goalkeeper Pat Bonner.

Could have at least attempted to find someone with a connection to one of the teams surely?

BBC Scotland can opt out if they so choose.

But they choose not to.

Is that because of costs, or laziness, or ignorance ?

We must be the only...cough...'country'...in the world that is subjected to live coverage of another country's football, on mainstream TV, on a regular basis.

But they choose not to.

Is that because of costs, or laziness, or ignorance ?

We must be the only...cough...'country'...in the world that is subjected to live coverage of another country's football, on mainstream TV, on a regular basis.

My guess would be - a mixture of costs and laziness.

Costs because they don't have enough money to buy any decent number of Scottish games.

Laziness because they know that this game would have more viewers than anything else they could out on in its stead.

Same with Sportsound providing live updates on the scores in games from England.

I know it's not regional but five livr are pretty good with scottish updates, especially compared to Welsh football!

Not sure about the regional stations but 5 live are OK and absolute radio update the scores in the Scottish premiership. Feeling I get from football fans ( as a posed to those whose say they follow football but only want to here about there own team) is that they have a passing interest with Scottish football.wouldn't go out there way to watch unless its an old firm game but still take a bit of interest. Sometimes its just so they can take the proverbial out of my love for Killie though