I Have To Choose A New Company Car... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I Have To Choose A New Company Car...

I have to choose a new company car...

I have to have an estate because of the kids, holidays and gear I carry around for work.

The choice I have is the new Volvo v60 and a BMW 3 Series 320d touring. I always said I would never drive a BMW because they seem to be the car that regularly tries to kill me by being driven by arse holes, also because I never thought I’d be offered one. My issue with the Volvo is that it’s boot is a bit small for my needs. Any one got any advice?

I used to have a 3 series BMW as my demonstrator. It was the dugs nuts. I had one for almost 2 years, then I drew a short straw and they gave me a Mini Cooper S. I sulked for a month.

Edit: Sorry for regularly trying to kill you.

Edit Edit: Worth noting that only wånks, Unionists and old folk drive Volvos.

Edited by Scunnered

I'd go for the Beemer every time.

You should be fine in Sussex (?); however, wouldn't have one where the winters tend to be harsh because of the RWD. I remember after a particularly heavy snowfall the roads of Clarkston and Busby were littered with abandoned BMWs.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I used to have a 3 series BMW as my demonstrator. It was the dugs nuts. I had one for almost 2 years, then I drew a short straw and they gave me a Mini Cooper S. I sulked for a month.

Edit: Sorry for regularly trying to kill you.

Edit Edit: Worth noting that only wånks, Unionists and old folk drive Volvos.

Feck off volvos are not just for wanks,unionists and old folk. I'm on my second s40 and love them. People seem more nice to Volvo drivers. Letting them out at junctions when its busy etc where as beemers will have folk block junctions just because its a beemer. The v60 is a good car and depending on what engine you get can be plenty powerful. Would love to get the polestar version of the v60 its just an insane car

Aye, the rear-wheel-drive is the only thing that would put me off Bavaria, but I'd take it over a Volvo any day.

In saying that, I do like Wallander.

RWD is the purist's choice - no torque steer or scrabbling to get off the line. Down side is when it's wet or icy.

Feck off volvos are not just for wanks,unionists and old folk. I'm on my second s40 and love them. People seem more nice to Volvo drivers. Letting them out at junctions when its busy etc where as beemers will have folk block junctions just because its a beemer. The v60 is a good car and depending on what engine you get can be plenty powerful. Would love to get the polestar version of the v60 its just an insane car

Aye they are.

and a BMW 3 Series 320d touring. I always said I would never drive a BMW because they seem to be the car that regularly tries to kill me by being driven by arse holes, also because I never thought I’d be offered one.

as above, all the bawbags now drive Audi's

Volvo for me being the prize owner of a V70 T5 only wanted one coz all the motorway bizzies used them.

Just like me everyone thinks you are a mature gentlemen but put your foot down and its awesome.

A typical gentlemen's car unlike a beemer were everyone thinks your a knob or an aude which is just a cheap beemer, Skoda forget it as it's just a Skoda ..

I got a new 320i Sport last October - love it so far. I was considering the 'Touring' too but i thought it - estates are old peoples cars. :)

The boot in the standard 320 is the same floor-size as the touring mind, it's just that the touring has more room vertically.

Also assuming it's a company lease that you'll only have for 2-3 years, maybe get a petrol, if that's an option. Diesel is for when you want to keep the car a good few years and get the most out of it. If you're giving it back anyway I'd go for petrol. Assuming you have a choice.

I drive a lot of cars at work and I would say BMWs are far nicer and more enjoyable to drive. Volvo's are proper old folk mobiles and not as pleasing on the eye.

Kirky Lad less of the old folks car :ok: though i am a bit older than you !!!!!!!! love it when the boy racer / sales rep is next to me in his company beemer at the traffic lights, then this old fcukwit goes back to his roots and floors the T5 for a bit of fun.

You can't put a price on seeing the sales rep, he has a face as bright as my tail light. :-))