Moaning And Complaining Thread - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moaning And Complaining Thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usernames and passwords you need 1 for everything these days.

A pain in the behind when you have to reset.

Even worse when you do try to reset but it won't let you use the same password as you've just had, which of course you now fûcking remember and want to use again!!!!

I blame championship manager for ruining my life. One of the versions when I was "studying" had a clock which showed how long you had actually played the game. In a twelve month period I was at about 3 months of that twelve of game playing time! Literally about half the time I was actually awake! I could've been somebody if it wasn't for that genius game! Maybes....

Funny you should mention that. I am currently reading "football manager stole my life". Got interviews with the makers of the game, and stories about people losing days/months/years to the game.

Edited by daddybuc16

Funny you should mention that. I am currently reading "football manager stole my life". Got interviews with the makers of the game, and stories about people losing days/months/years to the game.

Excellent book.

First football game I had was International Soccer on the Commodore 64 (it was a cartridge which was unusual in those days). Had games like European Club Soccer (ahead of it's time), Sensible Soccer (terrible graphics and unusual over head view, but great game) and International Superstar Soccer. Have never tried PES games. Have bought Fifa fitba every year since 1995 (this was the first one I was aware of). Started on Mega Drive, Nintendo 64, PC, PS3 and now PS4 for FIFA 2015. The FIFA games over the years have been very good. For the first few weeks of each new version they are incredibly frustrating until you get it. Can't play online - bounced too many controllers off the walls.

First football game I had was International Soccer on the Commodore 64 (it was a cartridge which was unusual in those days). Had games like European Club Soccer (ahead of it's time), Sensible Soccer (terrible graphics and unusual over head view, but great game) and International Superstar Soccer. Have never tried PES games. Have bought Fifa fitba every year since 1995 (this was the first one I was aware of). Started on Mega Drive, Nintendo 64, PC, PS3 and now PS4 for FIFA 2015. The FIFA games over the years have been very good. For the first few weeks of each new version they are incredibly frustrating until you get it. Can't play online - bounced too many controllers off the walls.

I had ISS for the Super Nintendo - pretty sure the ISS brand is the old version of the Pro Evo games. Was a great game, although bizzarely one of the best places to score a goal from was near the corner flag

Last computer I had was a playstation 2 - went through a phase where the Pro Evo games sh-at all over the Fifa ones. Although Fifa had far better commentary, and the rights to the player names etc.

Some of the commentary on Pro Evo was hilarious. You'd play a short 5 yard pass between defenders and Peter Brackley would shout 'IT'S LOOOONG!!'

I had ISS for the Super Nintendo - pretty sure the ISS brand is the old version of the Pro Evo games. Was a great game, although bizzarely one of the best places to score a goal from was near the corner flag

Last computer I had was a playstation 2 - went through a phase where the Pro Evo games sh-at all over the Fifa ones. Although Fifa had far better commentary, and the rights to the player names etc.

Some of the commentary on Pro Evo was hilarious. You'd play a short 5 yard pass between defenders and Peter Brackley would shout 'IT'S LOOOONG!!'

I think that's right. Most people who had played both said that for a long time PES was a much better football game, despite FIFA having the naming rights, sponsors, strips, commentary, stadiums etc. I stuck with FIFA and the gameplay seems to have evolved significantly over the years. The gameplay improvements do not seem to have compromised the FIFA asthetics that PES never seemed to have.

This years PES topped FIFA in my humble opinion. But we're now into the end of season lull where I play neither.

I must admit, I'm a wee bit fed up of the current FIFA (too predictable in places) so may have to try PES for a wee change. Bought Rugby15, but it's utter horsesh1t.

Edited by SMcoolJ

Yeah, ISS become Pro Evo.

Great games and from around 1999 to 2011 were far ;superior to the FIFA efforts.

The Master League was a great idea. Start off with the same rubbish players regardless of what team you went (and they really were awful). Have to fight in every game to get anything from them, subsequently winning points which enabled you to buy players. The struggle was so hard that it was really rewarding when Castollo managed to trundle a shot in to the corner from 8 yards to earn a 1-0 win.

I really don't understand why this mode hasn't been reused in any subsequent football games, as it was fantastic.

Great games and from around 1999 to 2011 were far ;superior to the FIFA efforts.

The Master League was a great idea. Start off with the same rubbish players regardless of what team you went (and they really were awful). Have to fight in every game to get anything from them, subsequently winning points which enabled you to buy players. The struggle was so hard that it was really rewarding when Castollo managed to trundle a shot in to the corner from 8 yards to earn a 1-0 win.

I really don't understand why this mode hasn't been reused in any subsequent football games, as it was fantastic.

I agree. Although I haven't played pro evo for a long time.

Use to like it when you got different challenges on it as well. Im the same, dont think i have played any other game since 2004, apart from when i went through a stage of being addicted to minecraft about

I've always been a Fifa man. Had them from Fifa 98, across ps1,2 and 3. Can't afford a ps4. I never enjoyed pro EV and hated they didn't have the players etc, it does addmto the game.

Only other games I've had recently are COD and GTA. Used to get the WWE games too but can't justify it now.

Even worse when you do try to reset but it won't let you use the same password as you've just had, which of course you now fûcking remember and want to use again!!!!

My work doesn't let you change it to the same as your last 4, does my tits in, I'm constantly blocked from the system.

My work doesn't let you change it to the same as your last 4, does my tits in, I'm constantly blocked from the system.

A husband and wife are trying to set up a new password for their computer.

The husband puts, "Mypenis," and the wife falls on the ground laughing because on the screen it says,

"Error. Not long enough."

Haha Castollo, it all came flooding back to me there. The first 11 were chronically slow, but if I remember correctly there was a nippy wee winger on the bench. Couldn't cross the ball for sh1t mind you. Master league was a really good format I'm surprised to hear it isn't on the go now

Haha Castollo, it all came flooding back to me there. The first 11 were chronically slow, but if I remember correctly there was a nippy wee winger on the bench. Couldn't cross the ball for sh1t mind you. Master league was a really good format I'm surprised to hear it isn't on the go now

Burchet was the winger. You also had Minanda in attacking mid, slow as feck but could actually pass it.

Eddingson too, the Scottish left back with the baldy head.

What a game.

A husband and wife are trying to set up a new password for their computer.

The husband puts, "Mypenis," and the wife falls on the ground laughing because on the screen it says,

"Error. Not long enough."

That is so bad.

I've always been a Fifa man. Had them from Fifa 98, across ps1,2 and 3. Can't afford a ps4. I never enjoyed pro EV and hated they didn't have the players etc, it does addmto the game.

Only other games I've had recently are COD and GTA. Used to get the WWE games too but can't justify it now.

i had iss for ps1, but stuck wi fifa for the exact same reason that it Was the actual players/teams in the game. Had the original GTA on ps1 with the overhead view that i loved. Couldnt get into the the newer GTA, which is why i have spent the last 12 years thinking i am jose mourinho :lol:

only wrestling game i had was royal rumble or wrestlemania on snes.

i'm loving football manager stole my life parklife, and only at the beginning, so funny and so easy to relate to.