Douglas Alexander M P - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Douglas Alexander M P

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like to think it was their betrayal of the working class that caused their collapse. There is an element of truth to what Dougie is saying, not about the collapse but in the negative role that social media can play... As well as a positive one.

An SNP candidate 4 weeks ago told a great big whopping lie, with xenophobic undertones designed to whip their Nationalist hordes into a frenzy, it worked. The lie has now been debunked... And although the candidate hasn't apologised they have admitted there was no truth to the matter. This lie still pops up on my timelines every other day with fresh frenzy.

While I like to think it was their betrayal of the working class that caused their collapse. There is an element of truth to what Dougie is saying, not about the collapse but in the negative role that social media can play... As well as a positive one.

An SNP candidate 4 weeks ago told a great big whopping lie, with xenophobic undertones designed to whip their Nationalist hordes into a frenzy, it worked. The lie has now been debunked... And although the candidate hasn't apologised they have admitted there was no truth to the matter. This lie still pops up on my timelines every other day with fresh frenzy.

Couldn't help but shoehorn in a criticism of the SNP?

What lie?

"If that’s really the best analysis that the head of Labour’s election strategy can bring to the table then they are in more trouble than they realise. It’s an astonishing misreading of not just Scottish political culture but of democracy and media."

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2015/03/18/crop-circles-bigfoot-and-the-death-of-scottish-labour/

What wee Dougie actually means is Labour can't control social media like they control the print media and BBC Scotland

...which no one is reporting

Dougie's message now all over the media like a rash, venting his own straw poll of one woman in a supermarket, and the rest of the media commenting on the conspiracies

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/17/online-rumours-damage-british-democracy-says-douglas-alexander

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2015/03/17/labour-blames-conspiracy-theories-for-scottish-collapse

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/17/facebook-conspiracy-theories_n_6884356.html

There were certainly conspiracy theories - some of which turned out to be true - like the Queen being impartial, etc. etc.

Social media is bad for democracy Dougie?

What wee Dougie actually means is Labour can't control social media like they control the print media and BBC Scotland

100%

he wants to go back to the good old days when Labour could spout all their lies unchallenged

Edited by Maq

Your better not biting. Scunnered wants us to spend our time fighting fires instead of accentuating the success and positive message the snp put across.

gibson_zpsklm3yxc3.png

She could have chosen any City in the world for this complete fabrication, but she chose London to feed on the hatred of all things London from a section of the SNP support.

No need to fight fires, the good guys I know from the SNP have blasted her actions and moved on. The wanks like you, continue to share and add fire to the lie.

I though this thread was meant to be about Douglas Alexander [not Kay Clark].

Anyway - it's a fair point that lies and rumours and inaccuracies spread on social media.

But what Dougie should be asking is why people turn to social media? At least partly because of the degenerate nature of the mainstream media and politicians - which sometimes descend to 'angry venting' - Alistair Darling talking of blood and soil nationalism, comparing Salmond to Kim Jong Il, and Jockophobic cartoons in all the London papers...

Edited by exile

Go back to the good old days? The BBC et al are doing their damndest to ensure that we never leave them!

Aye - they're still peddling Labour's lies, but these days there are plenty of alternative news sources that can, and will, challenge them.

If only folk would look beyond the BBC

If I started a new thread to highlight the SNP and their members willingness to use Social media to spread lies, I'd have the usual ####wits screaming "Can't help but have a dig at the SNP". This thread is topical.

Anyway - it's a fair point that lies and rumours and inaccuracies spread on social media.

But what Dougie should be asking is why people turn to social media? At least partly because of the degenerate nature of the mainstream media and politicians - which sometimes descend to 'angry venting' - Alistair Darling talking of blood and soil nationalism, comparing Salmond to Kim Jong Il, and Jockophobic cartoons in all the London papers...

All true, but that doesn't mean we should stoop to their level, which, going by the screenshot Scunnered has posted, it appears Patricia Gibson's campaign team appears to have done.

Luckily, this seems to be an exception. I have followed the progress of the SNP candidate in my constituency closely and they haven't mentioned Labour at all. Mind you, that's probably a good strategy since the incumbent Labour MP is about as prominent and effective as Chris Martin was leading the line against England.

"echo chamber" for people's own views and conspiracy theories.?

you have to laugh. what he doesnt like is that social media, which works for all sides of the argument Douglas not just the anti-labour side, is a media which can be readily accessed by most people where we can at times get the truth to counter a lot of the lies and spin produced by the political parties and mainstream media.

Thats not to say it isnt misused, but he is very insulting to insinuate that people cant decipher the information on social media and come up with their own conclusions. He would far rather we just absorbed the bullsh*t fed us by the established media channels.

whats clear is that it works well to expose lies quickly and efficiently on all sides of the argument. it is particularly telling that Labour are sufferring so badly as a result.

All true, but that doesn't mean we should stoop to their level, which, going by the screenshot Scunnered has posted, it appears Patricia Gibson's campaign team appears to have done.

Luckily, this seems to be an exception. I have followed the progress of the SNP candidate in my constituency closely and they haven't mentioned Labour at all. Mind you, that's probably a good strategy since the incumbent Labour MP is about as prominent and effective as Chris Martin was leading the line against England.

I started following the wee SNP lass who was blasted in the press's campaign pretty closely afterwards. Her campaign is night and day compared to Gibsons.

To put you in the picture of the kind of people campaigning for Gibson, during the referendum campaign I led the local Yes Groups Social Media campaign, but I was removed from position in the week of the referendum by Patricia Gibsons campaign manager after he discovered I campaigned doorstep with RIC. He also removed the Yes Groups convener after he was photographed at a Labour for Independence stall at a march in Glasgow.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that SNP North Ayrshire & Arran are corrupt to the core, to the point that a prominent SNP & Yes activist has told me she will not vote SNP in May.

I started following the wee SNP lass who was blasted in the press's campaign pretty closely afterwards. Her campaign is night and day compared to Gibsons.

To put you in the picture of the kind of people campaigning for Gibson, during the referendum campaign I led the local Yes Groups Social Media campaign, but I was removed from position in the week of the referendum by Patricia Gibsons campaign manager after he discovered I campaigned doorstep with RIC. He also removed the Yes Groups convener after he was photographed at a Labour for Independence stall at a march in Glasgow.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that SNP North Ayrshire & Arran are corrupt to the core, to the point that a prominent SNP & Yes activist has told me she will not vote SNP in May.

Now we're starting to get somewhere. :whistling:

Now we're starting to get somewhere. :whistling:

You're really not :lol:

I oppose the SNP like I do all capitalist led parties. If you were cool enough to be my friend on Facebook or follow me on Twitter your wee heart would give in at the negativity I've shown towards our Labour friends.

You're really not :lol:

I oppose the SNP like I do all capitalist led parties. If you were cool enough to be my friend on Facebook or follow me on Twitter your wee heart would give in at the negativity I've shown towards our Labour friends.

No fukin way! You just want to try to brainwash me with all your conspiracy theories and shit. Wee Doogie telt me to stay away from that evil social media crap. :lol:

gibson_zpsklm3yxc3.png

She could have chosen any City in the world for this complete fabrication, but she chose London to feed on the hatred of all things London from a section of the SNP support.

No need to fight fires, the good guys I know from the SNP have blasted her actions and moved on. The wanks like you, continue to share and add fire to the lie.

actually it is pretty bang on the money ... the Red Tory party is using us (Royal Mail) to deliver their propaganda ... next week will see us deliver their 3rd mailshot to every door in Scotland in 5 weeks this is down to the Red Tories having little or no grassroot support throughout Scotland

actually it is pretty bang on the money ... the Red Tory party is using us (Royal Mail) to deliver their propaganda ... next week will see us deliver their 3rd mailshot to every door in Scotland in 5 weeks this is down to the Red Tories having little or no grassroot support throughout Scotland

No it's not bang on the money. Every word of it is a Soutar National Party lie, a carefully constructed one at that.