Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 57 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Care to summarise this Bruce?

Spfl board (formed by independent personnel from, amongst others, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United) have now said that rangers new co is liable for a fine by the spfl re the EBT scheme that was previously given to old co. No explanation as to how this came about or the basis for the decision... Bit strange. Edited by bruce778

Spfl board (formed by independent personnel from, amongst others, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United) have now said that rangers new co is liable for a fine by the spfl re the EBT scheme that was previously given to old co. No explanation as to how this came about or the basis for the decision... Bit strange.

The timing of this is strange!

Can't argue with that!

Is this the first time in 2 1/2 years they've mentioned it?

Maybe need some funds for the Christmas party?

The timing of this is strange!

Can't argue with that!

Is this the first time in 2 1/2 years they've mentioned it?

Maybe need some funds for the Christmas party?

This is the problem with having personnel from other clubs on the spfl board and that board making these decisions. You wouldn't ask the manager of McDonald's to decide if Burger King had breached food safety rules....

Why wait 2 1/2 years to chase this debt?

It's not like it's PPI they didn't know about...

Maybe they know things are going South for the club, and want to make it known they are taking the money before the club goes into admin?

They're withdrawing what they are owed from rangers share of the spoils

What, you trying to say that it's the fault of Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd that rangers have to pay the fine they were given?

I never said that. Obviously no point in engaging with you given you're incapable of reading and would rather score petty points so won't waste my energy.

This is the problem with having personnel from other clubs on the spfl board and that board making these decisions. You wouldn't ask the manager of McDonald's to decide if Burger King had breached food safety rules....

If it's good enough for MPs and the press complaints commission....

I never said that. Obviously no point in engaging with you given you're incapable of reading and would rather score petty points so won't waste my energy.

"Spfl board (formed by independent personnel from, amongst others, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United) have now said that rangers new co is liable for a fine by the spfl re the EBT scheme that was previously given to old co"

Inferring that all of a sudden the SPFL board (and you chose to highlight 3 particular teams - any reason you chose those 3?) are now, all of a sudden, saying that rangers have to pay the football debts of old rangers. That was the case a long time ago.

But aye, don't waste your energy

Maybe they know things are going South for the club, and want to make it known they are taking the money before the club goes into admin?

They're withdrawing what they are owed from rangers share of the spoils

I'm not here to stick up for Rangers, but surely there have been several opportunities to withhold payments from Rangers before now? Or they could have partially withheld payments until they got back what is due?

To all of a sudden 2 1/2 years down the line say, we're withholding this money from you...

I don't think you can argue the timing is curious.

Maybe they have been chasing it privatley and RFC II have been dingying it up till now.

You could be right, but i think the SPFL make payments to clubs at certain times through the year, so why didn't they just withhold a payment or partial payments in the last 2 1/2 years?

"Spfl board (formed by independent personnel from, amongst others, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United) have now said that rangers new co is liable for a fine by the spfl re the EBT scheme that was previously given to old co"

Inferring that all of a sudden the SPFL board (and you chose to highlight 3 particular teams - any reason you chose those 3?) are now, all of a sudden, saying that rangers have to pay the football debts of old rangers. That was the case a long time ago.

But aye, don't waste your energy

If it's always been the case why has it just been decided by the spfl board? It seems to have arisen from thin air.

I highlighted those 3 teams because they are 3 of rangers competitors who are making the decision.

A judge can't hear a case if there is an apprehension of bias. This is a clear case of that - not saying it's actual bias but there's obviously an issue in competitors deciding whether one another should be fined or not. I think any fair minded person would agree with that.

If it's always been the case why has it just been decided by the spfl board? It seems to have arisen from thin air.

I highlighted those 3 teams because they are 3 of rangers competitors who are making the decision.

A judge can't hear a case if there is an apprehension of bias. This is a clear case of that - not saying it's actual bias but there's obviously an issue in competitors deciding whether one another should be fined or not. I think any fair minded person would agree with that.

I remember when you used to be quite a rational guy. I guess 3 years of this have taken it's toll.

I know if someone owed me £100 and I owed them a tenner, I wouldn't be giving them the tenner, I'd reduce their debt to £90.

Perhaps that's a bit if a simplistic view of it though?

It is if only one of the payments has a contractual timing on it.

I remember when you used to be quite a rational guy. I guess 3 years of this have taken it's toll.

I'm open to hearing the reasons of the spfl board. In this current information vacuum it is all a bit strange.

As for the conflict of interest, I would say the exact same thing if rangers representatives were complicit in dishing out fines to other spl clubs. It's not a healthy situation for competitors to be in a position to exert decision making powers over one another because there will always be an apprehension of bias. It's a basic component of natural justice.