Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 175 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I was just highlighting the fact that you saying that he failed miserably at Motherwell was absolute pish. In actual fact he was a success as Motherwell manager.

Still not 100% sure what he'll be able to do at Ibrox but the next week will help let us know.

I never said he failed miserably at Motherwell it was Rossy.Is your name Clark by any chance ?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31838762

Given their lack of due diligence on this Graham character, you wonder whether King et al actually read the contract with MASH Holdings before unceremoniously ejecting the 2 board members appointing by Mr Ashley.

Maybe they'll do a testimonial dinner for Mr Graham as a means of rewarding him for his 22 hours service to the club (or is that the company?). Maybe Donald Findlay QC could provide the entertainment with a spot of Karaoke - I'm sure that Mr Graham would be up for a wee duet of some of the 'old classics'.

Not content with being part of a grand loss making venture ,they seek trouble whenever they can.Must be something in the air down Govan way.King and his disciples wont last 6 months under all this scrutiny.Rangers are really the best free entertainment around .It's almost a pity they won't be around for much longer :-))

The paper value of the assets might be 15m but they'd never get that.

Same way sevco aren't worth anything near £100m.

It isn't rocket science (well maybe for likes of you)

The book value is the book value and that's how I answered the original Rangers' question, without debts on paper they were worth £120million.

The book value is the book value and that's how I answered the original Rangers' question, without debts on paper they were worth £120million.

Only it wasn't.

The Net Assets of RFC to year end 2011 were 70.8m (almost the same as 2010) and of that 57m was essentially the revaluation reserve over Ibrox and Murray Park.

https://scotslawthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/unaudited-accounts-to-june-2011-rangers-football-club-plc.docx

You carry on talking out your arse though while telling every else how stupid they are.

Only it wasn't.

The Net Assets of RFC to year end 2011 were 70.8m (almost the same as 2010) and of that 57m was essentially the revaluation reserve over Ibrox and Murray Park.

https://scotslawthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/unaudited-accounts-to-june-2011-rangers-football-club-plc.docx

You carry on talking out your arse though while telling every else how stupid they are.

The question was what would a debt free Rangers be worth i.e. they have no liabilities only assets and according to your extract the assets were slightly over £120 million.

The revaluation reserve was booked by Murray to stop RFC becoming balance sheet insolvent because of the debt. You want the book value of RFC without debt take off the revaluation reserve off the assets as well. (Also not all liabilities are debt. You got to leave some in there as part of reasonable working capital.)

The revaluation reserve was booked by Murray to stop RFC becoming balance sheet insolvent because of the debt. You want the book value of RFC without debt take off the revaluation reserve off the assets as well. (Also not all liabilities are debt. You got to leave some in there as part of reasonable working capital.)

Did any of the auditors raise concerns about the revaluation reserve of were the accounts signed off?

Did any of the auditors raise concerns about the revaluation reserve of were the accounts signed off?

Those final accounts were unaudited. Because just thereafter RFC 1899 went into administration and then liquidation, remember. But yes the auditors said every thing was spiffing, right up till she went to the bottom with all hands.

Net book assets is just one guide to value and not a very reliable one as you have found out.

But no one forced you to use that valuation technique, it was up to you.

I have never suggested that £120 million was an accurate reflection of Rangers worth but it was the correct answer to a stupid question.

Now now let's not start getting all revisionist here. You were asked to value a debt free RFC and 120m was your answer.

How much was a debt free RFC sold for to Green a year or two later was it?

6m was it? That is 5% of 120m. You seem a bit high is all.

I never said he failed miserably at Motherwell it was Rossy.Is your name Clark by any chance ?

My bad. Managed to get you mixed up with Rossy! Humblest apologies for the confusion.

And neither my first name nor surname is Clark.

Now now let's not start getting all revisionist here. You were asked to value a debt free RFC and 120m was your answer.

How much was a debt free RFC sold for to Green a year or two later was it?

6m was it? That is 5% of 120m. You seem a bit high is all.

Who's being revisionist I was asked for a number and I gave an accurate number had I been asked what are Rangers long terms prospects why would I have changed what had been my position since the board started, Rangers were in deep trouble and they had a debt that they couldn't trade there way out of.

Some good news for the club at last! Their newest director has been given support, in an editorial by the.... um... BNP!

http://m.bnp.org.uk/news/national/religion-permanent-outrage

So that's them AND the EDL. Just need the National Front to complete the set.

Seriously though, what a car crash of an appointment. Makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking appointing him, did no-one think to look into his social media?!

Who's being revisionist I was asked for a number and I gave an accurate number had I been asked what are Rangers long terms prospects why would I have changed what had been my position since the board started, Rangers were in deep trouble and they had a debt that they couldn't trade there way out of.

You are. You were asked what a debt free RFC was worth (in 2011 was it). You replied "120m." Christ it was hard enough getting an answer out of you at the time so reluctant were you to give a figure and here you are now again trying to squirm out of it. For the record I never really cared but your sheer reluctance to have an estimate made me curious if you had a scoob what you were talking about. Which brings us to the 120m, if you think that 120m even debt free is an 'accurate' valuation for RFC then perhaps this is why you huns' finances are so perma####ed.

Edited by thplinth

You are. You were asked what a debt free RFC was worth (in 2011 was it). You replied "120m." Christ it was hard enough getting an answer out of you at the time so reluctant were you to give a figure and here you are now again trying to squirm out of it. For the record I never really cared but your sheer reluctance to have an estimate made me curious if you had a scoob what you were talking about. Which brings us to the 120m, if you think that 120m even debt free is an 'accurate' valuation for RFC then perhaps this is why you huns' finances are so perma####ed.

Could you be more tedious, stick to the fizzy water.

Seriously though, what a car crash of an appointment. Makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking appointing him, did no-one think to look into his social media?!

I really do not get this. After all thats gone on at the club surely someone would think "better see if this guys a bampot?" . Unbelievable.

ive seen the tweet and its absolutley disgusting.God only knows what the muslims will think of it.

Dave King has brought Rangers FC into really very serious global public disrepute... within days of taking control. This could engulf him. And RFC...

Edited by thplinth