Motherwell Bottom Of Spfl - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm not a fan of knee jerk reactions and sacking managers.

What I will say though is, that we now look worse than we did under Mccall.

Of the players Barraclough has brought in, the only 2 that have impressed were probably not his picks, (Grant and Pearson).

Under Mccall I felt we were experiencing a run of bad luck and injuries, and it just needed a couple of breaks to turn things around.

Some of our performances under barraclough we just look a shambles and he's continued with the

McCall Achilles heel that Mcmanus lasley and Sutton can't be dropped, despite all 3 massively under performing all season. (To give Sutton some slack, he's a pretty immobile penalty box striker playing as a lone striker with no service).

If we don't get a reaction on Saturday against ICT I really do fear? Perhaps hitting bottom spot will waken up the players? I hope so, because on Saturday they didn't look the least bit bothered. It really was like a training game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of knee jerk reactions and sacking managers.

What I will say though is, that we now look worse than we did under Mccall.

Of the players Barraclough has brought in, the only 2 that have impressed were probably not his picks, (Grant and Pearson).

Under Mccall I felt we were experiencing a run of bad luck and injuries, and it just needed a couple of breaks to turn things around.

Some of our performances under barraclough we just look a shambles and he's continued with the

McCall Achilles heel that Mcmanus lasley and Sutton can't be dropped, despite all 3 massively under performing all season. (To give Sutton some slack, he's a pretty immobile penalty box striker playing as a lone striker with no service).

If we don't get a reaction on Saturday against ICT I really do fear? Perhaps hitting bottom spot will waken up the players? I hope so, because on Saturday they didn't look the least bit bothered. It really was like a training game.

Not convinced about Baraclough either, he seems to be hanging the players out to dry in his post match press conference.

Its hard to defend the six losses and one draw in 7 games, but he's picking the team so he has to take some of the responsibility especially becasue he is picking the team and choosing the tactics.

Not convinced about Baraclough either, he seems to be hanging the players out to dry in his post match press conference.

Its hard to defend the six losses and one draw in 7 games, but he's picking the team so he has to take some of the responsibility especially becasue he is picking the team and choosing the tactics.

Yeah, individual errors I can cut the manager some slack, there's not much he can do about those and must be frustrating.

Dundee's goal was a miss hit cross, there's not much barraclough can do with that either.

Not creating 1 chance of note in 90 minutes though, that is barraclough, it points to a problem with tactics and formation.

John Sutton can't play up front on his own, unless you've got wingers getting to the bye line and putting balls in the box for him. We don't, ainsworth could on his day, but those days have been few and far between this season.

Lee Erwin looks a promising player, but he's clearky not comfortable wide left.

Craig Moore again promising, glad to see him back from injury, but where was he even playing on Saturday? Whatever the plan for him was, it wasn't working.

I like Keith Lasley, he's been a great player and captain, particularly in his 2nd spell, but he's so far off the pace week in week out.

Straker is taking an absolute pounding on the motherwell forum, and based on Saturdays performance, it's hard to defend him, barraclogh signed him.

Mcmanus should be strolling through games at this level, and he was at times last season, but he's turned into a complete bombscare! He had a slip on Saturday that let a Dundee player in, but was saved by the offside flag.

Edited by sbcmfc

Motherwell going down would move Killie up to third in the list of longest surviving top flight clubs.

So bring it on :D

second if you removed jiggery pokery/ league re organisation/ change of rules///etc :ok::ok:

Doesnt help that half the squad is out getting rat-arsed every saturday night.

What's the story with that?

I'm not particularly against them going out on a Saturday night, but do think mccall was perhaps a bit easy on them, as this season fitness is a real problem, not just in terms of injuries being picked up, but players who don't look fit.

Pre-season seems to have been disrupted a bit by the lack of european action, but that's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario!

(ie we got knocked out so early because we weren't fit, not that we're now not fit because we had a shortage of games)

No story as such i'm just always hearing from people who have bumped into them in places such as 'Light' and that.

I agree i'm all for them drinking now and again but you've got to wonder if being wrecked on a Saturday night is the way to be for a 'professional' footballer in the middle of the season. Theres a cracking photo on one of the club's facebook pages and Josh Law is wasted.

Makes you wonder what they might get up to during the week.

Dont know if this is true but it feels about right...

19 shots on target in ten games since IB took over.

We had 4 shots, 1 on target on Saturday.

The 1 on target was a looping header from john Sutton from outside the box, which would've bounced twice before it got to the goal if the keeper hadn't caught it.

2 off target were from 30 odd yards and miles wide, can't remember the 4th shot.

So the stats from Saturday actually flatter our attacking threat!

:lol:

Is hitting the post/bar a shot on or off target? I always get confused because I'm sure it's a shot on target but no save has to be made making it a shot off target.

I think I've confused myself again.

Unless it's in between the posts and under the bar it's counted as off target.

When were Celtic 'saved' by reorganiation or change of rules?

Motherwell were saved from relegation due to league re-construction. They also were the first club to go bankrupt and no football penalties ( points deduction) was implemented. They introduced rules after thhe event to deter other clubs entering administration.

Motherwell were saved from relegation due to league re-construction. They also were the first club to go bankrupt and no football penalties ( points deduction) was implemented. They introduced rules after thhe event to deter other clubs entering administration.

I know that. In fact have Motherwell not benefited twice from mid-season reconstruction.

I was querying the claim that Killie would be the second longest serving top league team if reconstruction or a change of rules hadn't been brought in?

I know Aberdeen haven't benefited from this so assume it had to be Celtic.

I know that. In fact have Motherwell not benefited twice from mid-season reconstruction.

I was querying the claim that Killie would be the second longest serving top league team if reconstruction or a change of rules hadn't been brought in?

Can't recall celtic being saved from relegation due to league construction either.

It's a common misunderstanding that Aberdeen were saved from direct relegation due to Falkirk's poor facilities. They were in fact saved from a three way relegation play-off...

It's a common misunderstanding that Aberdeen were saved from direct relegation due to Falkirk's poor facilities. They were in fact saved from a three way relegation play-off...

Boooo.

I was hoping for a bite :wink2:

Also worth pointing out that the 3 way play off to be part of the top league going from 10 to 12 was in place before a ball was kicked.

That's fine for Aberdeen, they did pick a great year to be the worst team in the league - the only year since the Second Division was introduced over 100 years ago when being utterly hopeless and finishing last didn't result in automatic relegation. They should be proud.