Keeper Vote - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Keeper Vote

Paulo2576

Gordon played in some of our worst teams ever. He played behind some right average players and always stood out. Also the only reason why Celtic made the last 32 of the EL.

You said it yourself, played. Past tense. He has had a horrendous injury spell for years and although is back to playing very well I wouldn't say he was "far superior" as you say. There is hardly anything between the lot of them. But I do think Gordon just shades it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Gordon at his best is definitely far superior to the other 2. I don't think he's back to his best yet, although he is getting there. However, even at his current level he's the best of the 3.</p>

Gordon may well be the reason celtic made knock our stages of EL,but he is also the reason they are getting knocked out.

Edited by allyc

They can look all they want, he won't move to be a back-up keeper.

STV reporting it now...... whats his contract at Celtic? Was it a year to prove himself with the option of a extension, or was it a proper long term deal? Can not see it happening, though good to see that his performances are grabbing the right headlines.

After the journey he had to get back playing Id be surprised if he moved to a club to be a back up. Should be cherishing every game.

Agree. Celtic have arguably picked up probably the bargain of the decade getting Gordon for free (after being out of the game completely for the best part of 3 or so years)

Edited by wanderer

<p>Anyone who thinks Gordon wouldn't want to go to Chelsea is mental. They're one of the best sides on the planet, he'd earn mountains of cash and would fill his trophy cabinet.</p>

<p>Anyone who thinks Gordon wouldn't want to go to Chelsea is mental. They're one of the best sides on the planet, he'd earn mountains of cash and would fill his trophy cabinet.</p>

I think at this stage of his career, first team football would be more important than all of that.

<p>Aye, playing for Celtic against Hamilton and Partick (no offence) would definitely outweigh earning 3 times a s much money and being involved in the team at one of the best sides on the planet...... Folk on this board are mental.</p>

Playing every week for Celtic, winning trophies, playing in the Champions League or Europa League, back in the Scotland team and earning a good wage. Or

On the bench for Chelsea, hoping to get enough games in to get a winners medal (if Chelsea win anything), not being able to become Scotland number 1 and earning a bit more money?

You don't fight back from the injuries he has to sit on the bench. Chelsea already have 3 top 'keepers on their books.

<p>Aye, playing for Celtic against Hamilton and Partick (no offence) would definitely outweigh earning 3 times a s much money and being involved in the team at one of the best sides on the planet...... Folk on this board are mental.</p>

I don't think it's mental to say that first team football and being an important member of a team that wins trophies trumps everything Chelsea could offer him.

Gordon doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would enjoy sitting on the bench for the majority of the year.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

I don't think it's mental to say that first team football and being an important member of a team that wins trophies trumps everything Chelsea could offer him.

Gordon doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would enjoy sitting on the bench for the majority of the year.

:ok::ok::ok:

Hed be mad to go to chelsea. Money isnt everything and i hope he is wanting ti play rather than warm the bench. Chelsea could come in with 5 mil though and celtic would take it

Don't think it would mean the same as playing and earning the medal.

Gordon would likely get some game time at Chelsea, likely in the domestic cups but the young Belgium would always be number one.

Rather he didn't go but can see the appeal if Chelsea do decide to go for him if Cech leaves