Taking My Nephew To The Gibraltar Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Taking My Nephew To The Gibraltar Game

nelbo009

Taking my 7 year old nephew to his first Scotland game when we play Gibraltar. Haven't bought tickets yet, so just wondering where in the stadium would be best for me to get the tickets. Am I right in saying that the East Stand is the family section? Are kids able to see ok from their seats? I want him to enjoy it and be able to see what will (hopefully) be a few Scotland goals, so I'm thinking it'd be best to try and get seats a few rows back, but not sure..

Also, because I'm taking him, I'm going to be driving rather than my usual pre-game trip to the pub. Where's best to park around Hampden? Is there a car park of any sort I can use anywhere?

East stand behind the goals is the kids section where you will get a discount for your nephew.

If you go to the north or main stand you would need to buy two adult tickets.

If you do get east get middle to rear tickets, we are BBB in the west and tickets are for adults. Don't know how well a kid could see as everyone tends to stand up.

If i am driving to hampden i park at rutherglen and walk down.

Bit of a walk, but on the way out but i miss the traffic so its ideal for me.

Edited by Robroysboy

East Stand (family section) although I've never been in that section for a Scotland game, but I believe there is more likelihood of people remaining seated ( I could be wrong).

I always prefer higher up for a better perspective of the game so that would be my personal choice.

Not sure about best parking but we sometimes park near Church On The Hill near Battlefield Rd and 15-20 mins walk.

We used to park round about Queen's Park,I think it is.

They used to have a big park,for the want of a better word that seemed to be converted to a car park.

Just a brisk walk to the ground from there.

Edited by dandydunn

Started taking my nephew to games when he was 8. Always sit in East stand and park one of roads across from TA on Carmunnock Road. It'll obviously depend where you're coming from though but there to East stand is a 10 minute walk.

Cheers all. It'll be East Stand for us - I'll be coming from Motherwell so along the M74. Menock Road looks a good shout for parking as well.

Just went to the SSC website, not a single ticket on sale for the East Stand. I refuse to believe it's sold out, so WTF is that all about?!

Just went to the SSC website, not a single ticket on sale for the East Stand. I refuse to believe it's sold out, so WTF is that all about?!

Presume your nephew isn't an SSC member and if yes, then not on your friends & family list.

General sale doesn't commence till 25th Feb.

Edited by SteveMcD

I'm sure I read somewhere that the SFA, in attempting to justify the ludicrous pricing policy, were giving away 10,000 seats at this game to schools. kids clubs etc. If so, that could be why the East Stand is unavailable the noo.

However I could be wrong..............

Thought I read that too.

Thinking of taking by my kids to this game but think I'll hold off to see what the script is with the free tickets first - you'd think they might have offered them to SSC members first in an effort to encourage the next generation to come along.

Thought I read that too.

Thinking of taking by my kids to this game but think I'll hold off to see what the script is with the free tickets first - you'd think they might have offered them to SSC members first in an effort to encourage the next generation to come along.

Is said exactly the same in another thread.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby