Ourageous If We Play Qatar - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ourageous If We Play Qatar

Marty

Yet again, the $FA leaves me open mouthed with its greed and stupidity.

Qatar is one of those rich Middle East countries that have a long track history in almost total corruption and injustice (the worst ones being Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar and most of the Emirates). For example, how else did they win the right to host the WC finals?

Qatar is a country that puts its migrant workers through hell, confiscates their passports and pays them buttons to work them like slaves with respect at 0%. Respect for anyone or anything apart from themselves and their money is roughly zero.

Why on earth would Scotland / SFA wants to play them? Only one reason, to coin it in, even at the risk of making the SFA a laughing stock and turning the fan base against them even further than at present - if that is possible!!!

So, a June game would be at one of the following:

a) Hampden - the SFA would never risk losing even a minor bit of revenue by playing at any other Scottish ground. Crowd <10,000 although would not be surprised to see some special offers with a free ticket to this match as the pay off!

B) Man City Stadium - given the Qatari influence there - would not be a surprise. Crowd <5,000.

c) London Stadium e.g. Fulham, QPR, Reading, etc. Crowd <5,000.

So where exactly would the money come from to the SFA unless the Qataris bring a huge brown ppaper bag of used 20s in one of their private jets?

Cheers, Craigie

Are they decent?

A strongly worded letter to the SFA might be the answer for your last point.

Finished bottom of their Asian Cup group which is on at the moment. Had Iran, UAE and Bahrain in their Group, lost every game.

Surely it depends 1. can most of the 10 pointers make it and is it on our bucket list ? 2. Is anyone organising a sightseeing trip ? 3. Can you run a half marathon whilst you are there ? the rest is triviality really. :cheers3:

FINALLY the voice of reason.

Nowhere near the same scale. Nowhere near.

If we follow your logic then we do hee haw about anything ever. I'm proud that most scots are a bit more politicised than that.

You kidding?

I was in Brazil last summer - Rio decked out for the WC, favelas full of absolute poverty. How is it not on the same scale??? All across Brasil I seen shocking poverty and many 'F*ck FIFA' notes scribbled on walls, pavements and the odd car!

Not the same scales of deaths directly caused by the decision to stage the tournament there.

It's not rocket science.

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2013/sep/26/qatar-world-cup-migrant-workers-dead

Are all of your 24 posts on this one thread, seems as if you have made an account just to show your disgust at a possible friendly against Qatar :-)):-))

You must be losing sleep over the fact the WC is in Qatar as it seems your very passionate about this.

Personally i could not give a shit where its played as long as Scotland qualify and i can get there. :cheers3:

Edited by podgers1903

Are all of your 24 posts on this one thread, seems as if you have made an account just to show your disgust at a possible friendly against Qatar :-)):-))

You must be losing sleep over the fact the WC is in Qatar as it seems your very passionate about this.

Personally i could not give a shit where its played as long as Scotland qualify and i can get there. :cheers3:

and we can drink.....

On this board for ten years.

Only post if it's something I feel strongly about.

Read a bit on this issue and, yes, as you might gather I do feel strongly about it! Don't think that's a bad thing.

On this board for ten years.

Only post if it's something I feel strongly about.

Read a bit on this issue and, yes, as you might gather I do feel strongly about it! Don't think that's a bad thing.

25 posts in 10 years but 24 of them have been on this topic :-))

Just think your being dramatic as does it really effect your life in anyway

25 posts in 10 years but 24 of them have been on this topic :-))

Just think your being dramatic as does it really effect your life in anyway

First point - think it reset the counter after the board moved one of the times. I've got on my high horse on many issues in the past, albeit a while back.

Second point - it doesnt affect my life but neither do a lot of things that affect other people that I stand for or oppose. Basic definition of not being a tory imho!