Lidl Kilts - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I usually shop in Tesco and spend between £80 and £100 per week for 2 of us. I did similar shop in Lidl last week and spent £25.70. I think it focusses the mind as it doesn't do all the psychological stuff that the other big supermarkets do to encourage you to spend more. I didn't notice any 3 for 2 or buy one get one free offers in the whole store. I'll keep trying it for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Doing the supermarket used to be a chore when I was married - like a fookin zombie following the wife round as she crossed off her list and had a particular route round the shop.

After splitting up - its much more fun now - saunter round whichever way I like to go and buy what I like - check out the two for one offers.. but I'm not going to spoil it by going to Lidl or Aldi which are just depressing. I get my pepsi max , sweeties, chocolate etc from Poundland, B&M Bargains, Home Bargains etc but for cakes and other little spoliers I like a wee trip round Morrisons.

Doing the supermarket used to be a chore when I was married - like a fookin zombie following the wife round as she crossed off her list and had a particular route round the shop.

After splitting up - its much more fun now - saunter round whichever way I like to go and buy what I like - check out the two for one offers.. but I'm not going to spoil it by going to Lidl or Aldi which are just depressing. I get my pepsi max , sweeties, chocolate etc from Poundland, B&M Bargains, Home Bargains etc but for cakes and other little spoliers I like a wee trip round Morrisons.

Good Stuff!! A man who knows what he wants. I couldn't help but read that last bit and think off Rab C when he says "I get my fags at Prestos, my beer at Agnews and my stitches at the southern general"