How Not To Overtake, - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Not To Overtake,

If they folk want to take this incedant further please can you pass this on to them this is the email address of the chief executive of Iceland Malcolm.walker@iceland.co.uk and tel phone no is 01244 830100 as not on Facebook to post link to these very fortunate folk this could have utter carnage regards rab

If they folk want to take this incedant further please can you pass this on to them this is the email address of the chief executive of Iceland Malcolm.walker@iceland.co.uk and tel phone no is 01244 830100 as not on Facebook to post link to these very fortunate folk this could have utter carnage regards rab

Apparently this was an agency driver, and Iceland were notified of the incident, and have banned him from all Iceland sites.

I'm no way defending the lorry driver but the speed he came past, the other drivers must have been doing about 30mph.

Assuming its a 60mph limit the situation would have probably been avoided if folk could maybe get a bit closer to the limit.

I'm no way defending the lorry driver but the speed he came past, the other drivers must have been doing about 30mph.

Assuming its a 60mph limit the situation would have probably been avoided if folk could maybe get a bit closer to the limit.

I agree that can be very frustrating but he clearly overtook when the coast wasn't clear (and he'd have had a great vantage point from a truck).

Refrigerated lorries aren't noted for their in-gear acceleration either to allow him to pass quickly.

Edited by Charlie Endell

This put a shiver down my spine. I was involved in a very similar incident coming back from Dumfries three years ago. A stream of cars pulled out to overtake an oncoming lorry. The first two made it back in on time but a white van trailing those two didn't and smashed into the car in front of me. Lucky for me it was dry and I had good brakes and the van came to rest about a foot from the front of my car, I thought I was a goner.

Sadly, the old lady driving the car in front was killed. I had to go to court to testify against the van driver who got two years for causing death by dangerous driving. Comes back to me every time I see an idiot overtaking like that on country roads. Just relax - nobody is so late they need to risk their life.

This put a shiver down my spine. I was involved in a very similar incident coming back from Dumfries three years ago. A stream of cars pulled out to overtake an oncoming lorry. The first two made it back in on time but a white van trailing those two didn't and smashed into the car in front of me. Lucky for me it was dry and I had good brakes and the van came to rest about a foot from the front of my car, I thought I was a goner.

Sadly, the old lady driving the car in front was killed. I had to go to court to testify against the van driver who got two years for causing death by dangerous driving. Comes back to me every time I see an idiot overtaking like that on country roads. Just relax - nobody is so late they need to risk their life.

Sorry to hear that - couldn't have been nice.

These agency drivers are a complete liability. Half the time they're not familiar with the vehicles they're driving, and they don't give a phuq when driving, as they won't be losing their livelihood if it goes tits up.

Assuming it is 60 (national speed limit on a single carriageway) the trucks speed limit is only 40 for that type of road.

Assuming it is 60 (national speed limit on a single carriageway) the trucks speed limit is only 40 for that type of road.

I'm aware of that and like I said I was no way defending the lorry drivers behaviour

the point i was making was for a lorry to accelerate past you like that they must have been doddling along at 30mph which probably went some way to explaining the lorry drivers frustration and kamikaze manouver.

Man, that must have been terrible. I hate people like that.

Now imagine if "little old lady" was replaced with "Mother with 3 young children".

Selfish , 2 years will never bring that lady back.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Reminds me of this nutter.

Not nice, so don't watch if squeamish, but good to circulate to remind people of this manoeuvre which is seen too often...

http://youtu.be/CKNQG6pSYig

I hate driving in Belgium thanks to nutcases like this. The Belgians are horrific drivers and their concrete motorways are shit houses. Still some of the worst driving I've ever seen was when I used to have to travel the Aberdeen to Peterhead on the A90. No wonder there are deaths and pile ups on that road on an all too regular basis.