Message To Nawbags - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Message To Nawbags

No. And I'm not sticking up for them but they were unconvinced by what they were being told by the Yes camapign

Thats a bit naive

Jim Hood Labour MP for Hamilton East stood up in the house of commons and stated that even if he had a crystal ball that showed him that Scotland and it's people would be better off being Independent he would still vote against it

I dare say many of the Nawbags - especially those on here - share that exact same view

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a bit naive

Jim Hood Labour MP for Hamilton East stood up in the house of commons and stated that even if he had a crystal ball that showed him that Scotland and it's people would be better off being Independent he would still vote against it

I dare say many of the Nawbags - especially those on here - share that exact same view

You keep to your own wee bitter made up world then.

You keep to your own wee bitter made up world then.

Made up ? Raw nerve ?

On every debate since the referendum when the "vow" is discussed there is always an element that state they did not vote No because of it. They state they would have voted No regardless

I have heard loads of folk when the referendum is discussed including family members that say the exact same thing

They had absolutely no interest in the arguments put across by Yes

Edited by Ally Bongo

Nationality / ethnicity is just an accident of birth; I can't really see what there is to be 'proud' of about that.

Yep and that's why the SNP promote civic nationalism and not the uber patriotic nonsense that the mainstream media seem to at times associate with the SNP. Billy Bragg wrote a great article about different forms of nationalism in The Guardian and how parties like the BNP are bizarrely grouped togther with the SNP by the media/I'll-informed. The promotion of civic nationalism is not helped by some posters on here/some over- zealous SNP followers but that shouldn't detract from the party's core position...........

Made up ? Raw nerve ?

On every debate since the referendum when the "vow" is discussed there is always an element that state they did not vote No because of it. They state they would have voted No regardless

I have heard loads of folk when the referendum is discussed including family members that say the exact same thing

You are right, from what I can tell. The 'vow' made no difference. The YES campaign failed to win the economic argument. The vow, however, does give nationalists a right to complain later.

Made up ? Raw nerve ?

I have be raw nerve.

You are right, from what I can tell. The 'vow' made no difference. The YES campaign failed to win the economic argument. The vow, however, does give nationalists a right to complain later.

But the vow did make a difference to some voters. It gave some voters the option of voting no but still voting for potential change for Scotland.

And it's not just about giving 'nationalists' a right to complain, it's about democracy and conducting a campaign in the right way.

When one side of the debate is given a free pass by the media, and the other criticised every second of every minute of every day, some people's choices aren't based on anything but the bought media.

Some who voted no did so for good reasons, some voted no out of fear, some out of stupidity, there's dozens of reasons. Some good, some bad. Nawbag is at times an entirely accurate description.

Edited by kumnio

The "vow" without a shadow of a doubt DID make a difference.

To the majority who did vote No it didnt but the percentage of those that it did was the difference between winning and losing - no question

Remember only a swing of less than 5% was required to change the vote and at least that was swayed by the vow

There were many many people that wanted an excuse not to vote Yes and that was it

The "vow" without a shadow of a doubt DID make a difference.

To the majority who did vote No it didnt but the percentage of those that it did was the difference between winning and losing - no question

Remember only a swing of less than 5% was required to change the vote and at least that was swayed by the vow

There were many many people that wanted an excuse not to vote Yes and that was it

According to Ashcroft's polls after the referendum, that isn't true.

According to Ashcroft's polls after the referendum, that isn't true.

Ashcroft's polls the week before had Yes 51% and No 49%

The vow was made and No won the referendum a week later

He cant have it both ways

The whole shambles around the vow made a mockery of the democratic process in the context of citizens being allowed to make informed decisions.It showed none of the signees had the integrity for government , it showed you when push comes to shove who's with who.

Alan Bisset :
"If we had won, it would have been joyous, we would have been running up and down the streets...They win and all they feel is relief, all they could talk about was relief that order had been restored "

Phyrric victory.

Heres to the break up of the "great" britain in the next few years

Yeah the vow had no effect...that is why the 3 leaders of the 'now united 'opposition' parties all ran up here with shit running down their legs to make it.

Jeezo...

Honestly the sheer up is down dumbness of the No campaign is very reminiscent of the sort of person who actually believes the orange shirts were to honour dutch players.

It is part sophistry but then part madness as well. They actually half believe their own verbal vomitings.

Scotland alas is stowed with these nutcases and they all would have done their utmost to make an independent Scotland a failure.

I think all we can do now is just recognize them for what they are. And make their lives a ing misery as best we can. :wink2:

A No voting friend of mine told me they thought Scotland would be a laughing stock, and an embarrassment if Independent due to it being a nation of losers. I was quite shocked at the time but the weird thing is now post No that has all come true. I did not feel it before but I feel it now (not individually of course but generally).

I also have found some solace in the fact that I genuinely underestimated the unbelievable ugliness of the No camp. If we had won a narrow Yes it would have been an absolute nightmare carrying them around. They would have been essentially a (Fifty) Fifth Column (but less than 50% obviously had Yes won).

Now that we lost it is our duty to make their future a smoking ruin of course. Accept it, move on nawbags.

It reminds me of people saying you should not use the word quisling, quisling is really bad, quisling offends people, quisling makes them vote No, quisling is not productive... yeah but quisling is really ing accurate.

Gordon Brown?

Johann "I am quitting because London runs everything" Lamont? (ing what ya mental bitch?!)

Pretendy Yes Nawbags?

What are they then?

It reminds me of people saying you should not use the word quisling, quisling is really bad, quisling offends people, quisling makes them vote No, quisling is not productive... yeah but quisling is really ing accurate.

Gordon Brown?

Johann "I am quitting because London runs everything" Lamont? (ing what ya mental bitch?!)

Pretendy Yes Nawbags?

What are they then?

Spot on as usual, Mr. Plinth.

'Proud Scots' my arse. I'd love to see the reaction in Barcelona to 'Proud Catalans', telling them their own people are a heap of shite and can't run their own affairs.

Anyway, as I'm on my last warning, I'm refraining to get involved in these threads anymore.

Regretably, thanks to the Nawbags, we need to live with the consequences, which includes being the laughing stock of Europe.