Atp World Tour 2015 - Page 11 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour 2015

min

As I see it Novak is on a different level all together as his recent record show. At present Roger is ranked No.2 as he has been more consistent than Andy at Masters1000 tournaments which always offer healthy ranking points and there are more of them. Andy is more consistent now at slams than Roger but if he can out perform Roger on grass this year he should force his way into the No.2 slot especially as Andy doesn't have too many points to defend at Queens and he should better last year's QF at Wimbledon. As for Rafa - to be cold, brutal and honest he is nowhere at the moment. It is still possible after RG he will drop out of the top ten for the first time since 2005. Grass has been a far from happy hunting ground for him in recent years so his low confidence and belief looks like it is in for another battering. At the moment I think the top four are 1. Djokovic 2 Federer 3 Murray 4 Wawrinka

To be fair, Andy doesn't have a full twelve months of ranking points at full health. He wasn't properly fit until around the US open last year.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Andy doesn't have a full twelve months of ranking points at full health. He wasn't properly fit until around the US open last year.

Oh yes I am sure it is just a matter of time before Murray goes to No.2. However, one big caveat for Federer is that he is the only player to beat Djokovic this year and has been a tad more consistent than Andy at lesser tournaments.

it appears Rafa isn't going down the rankings without a fight. He's scheduled to play Stuttgart this coming week and then Queen's before Wimbledon.

Looking at the tour schedule, the changes have definitely improved the grass court season and given it more balance - a week longer and Queen's and Halle upgraded to 500 events.

Can't help think Djokovic calling for the trainer affected him, he only won one point after that. I used to like Djokovic but now I think he's a bit of a c0ck......although Andy has to be mentally tougher.

Can't help think Djokovic calling for the trainer affected him, he only won one point after that. I used to like Djokovic but now I think he's a bit of a c0ck......although Andy has to be mentally tougher.

I do think genuinely off-court he is a decent bloke but on-court he will do whatever he can to ensure he can get an advantage - winner's mentality I suppose and it is up to Andy to see it as BS and ignore it.

No as much as you porklife

You think losing in the semi finals of a grand slam, to the world number 1, who's barely lost a match all year is being "embarrassed".

You either know all about sport, or are slavering shite, or possibly both.

You think losing in the semi finals of a grand slam, to the world number 1, who's barely lost a match all year is being "embarrassed".

You either know badger all about sport, or are slavering shite, or possibly both.

I agree Parklife.

Djokovic is simply so good. He is putting together results even Federer struggled to match in his pomp PLUS Novak is generally known to be a better clay court player than Andy.

Murray has had six unforced errors in nearly two sets of tennis. That's exceptionally good. Novak is just so good ATM that he's virtually impossible to beat unless he helps you do it.

You either know badger all about sport, or are slavering shite, or possibly both.

It's his ability to miss the simplest of shots when the pressure is on, the two volleys in this match spring to mind

Embarrassed was pribably too strong in the context, but the number of unforced errors needs to be addressed.

But as usual because someone has a different view to you, you get all narky like a wee school boy, laughable and predictable really.

2-0 novak, and making it look all too easy.

It's his ability to miss the simplest of shots when the pressure is on, the two volleys in this match spring to mind

Embarrassed was pribably too strong in the context, but the number of unforced errors needs to be addressed.

But as usual because someone has a different view to you, you get all narky like a wee school boy, laughable and predictable really.

2-0 novak, and making it look all too easy.

I'd have thought everyone on the thread saying you're talking shite and you also admitting you were talking shite would be enough to justify me saying you're talking shite. But apparently it's all my fault. :lol:

Courier just said that Murray is not playing that badly just Novak at another level!

He does seem a wee bit flat to me but it must be mightly dispiriting seeing shots flying past you at all angles!