Stevie Gerrard - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Id be glad he scored two goals but I wouldn't think he was a world beater because he scored twice against a bottom tier side

He's also done it in a champions league final and Fa cup final off the top of my head to be fair to him.

Not "the greatest" as the OP claimed, but certainly a Liverpool great and one of the best and most influential players of his generation.

Sort of guy I'd love to have in my team.

Don't really understand the hate for him.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's also done it in a champions league final and Fa cup final off the top of my head to be fair to him.

Not "the greatest" as the OP claimed, but certainly a Liverpool great and one of the best and most influential players of his generation.

Agree.

What relevance does achievements 10 years ago have to the talkshite wankathon about his 2 goals vs AFC Wimbledon?

People hate him because he's a cowardly thug on the field (tackle vs Naysmith as perfect evidence), a cowardly thug off the field (getting his mates to hold someone while he laid in to them), a massive fecking cheat (dives in just about every game he plays, including a massive act of cheating in the Champions League Final that Liverpool won).

He's been a very good football player, although one who cares more about personal glory than doing what's best for the team IMO. To say you can't understand why folk would dislike him is pretty baffling to me.

Gerrard was a very good player, but not a great/ world class player. He has stood out at Liverpool as they have signed a lot of shite over the years, yes he has had a great game in a champions league final, but also looked mediocre in several other champions league ties too. Hes always appeared overly selfish, and I don't see him as a great leader as he seems to have a negative intimidating affect on his own players at times too.

At international level, how many of his 100 or so caps can it be said he was a proper game changer?! In terms of quality, that's nota. Great international career.

And then this what seems very petty toys out the pram as he's no prepared to accept he's more effective as a game a week instead of. Two game a week player is very immature from an outsiders perspective. He's not ready to not be seen as the main man, so he's off to America to play at a lower level. Can't he see how well giggs and scholars careers where extended with this protection?

Add in his diving, Horrific tackles and Moaning, Liverpool will be better off when he leaves.

A great player who would be sorely missed by ANY team. Liverpool legend in a time of few an utter superstar.

The whingers and "mope" callers are just succumbing to their jealousy.

"Ooh I don't like him he's a bad man"... Aye and all your heroes are angels. The majority of footballers are spoilt self centred cnts. They're footballers ffs.

Oh and "diver"? I'll see your SG and raise you Drogba,brilliant striker but the biggest cheat to walk onto a fitba pitch... no-one complains when he's on ur side. It's just jealousy.

Edited by Bzzzz

Oh and "diver"? I'll see your SG and raise you Drogba,brilliant striker but the biggest cheat to walk onto a fitba pitch... no-one complains when he's on ur side. It's just jealousy.

Gerrard is a massive cheat. I can't see what relevance Drogba being a cheat also has?

And some of us aren't hypocrites and don't want players on our team cheating. Don't apply your own standards to everyone :ok:

Winning the chanpions league 10 years ago, is irrelevant, but a tackle 12 years ago and a nightclub scuffle 11 years ago are....

I think he's been a highly influential player for Liverpool, and you don't get 100 caps for England if you're a passenger. He may well be a , I've never met him.

Edited by sbcmfc

Winning the chanpions league 10 years ago, is irrelevant, but a tackle 12 years ago and a nightclub scuffle 11 years ago are....

I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse....

A tackle and attack (3 years ago, no idea what you're on about) are irrelevant to the issue of his ability as a footballer or the talkshite wankathon about his goals against Wimbledon but totally relevant as to why folk don't like him.

I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse....

A tackle and attack (3 years ago, no idea what you're on about) are irrelevant to the issue of his ability as a footballer or the talkshite wankathon about his goals against Wimbledon but totally relevant as to why folk don't like him.

Agreed.

He's probably a , I get why you don't like him.

Was that only 3 years ago he punched the dj? Seems much longer, or has he assaulted someone else since?

Gerrard is a massive cheat. I can't see what relevance Drogba being a cheat also has?

And some of us aren't hypocrites and don't want players on our team cheating. Don't apply your own standards to everyone :ok:

Actually, Drogba bein a cheat is relevant to this discussion.

The media made a huge deal about him being a diver.

They don't/didn't about Gerrard.

Was that only 3 years ago he punched the dj? Seems much longer, or has he assaulted someone else since?

Just checked, he was arrested in Jan 2011, so 4 years ago.

Actually, Drogba bein a cheat is relevant to this discussion.

The media made a huge deal about him being a diver.

They don't/didn't about Gerrard.

Possibly because he's not a foreigner? The English media seem more likely to focus on the negatives of a foreign player.

Although, any "dives" I can think of from Gerrard have been more in the going down (very) easily category, as opposed to Drogba or la liga diving.

Although my interest in Gerrard is just a grudging admiration from a distance, so I may have missed some bad dives?

Possibly because he's not a foreigner? The English media seem more likely to focus on the negatives of a foreign player.

Although, any "dives" I can think of from Gerrard have been more in the going down (very) easily category, as opposed to Drogba or la liga diving.

Although my interest in Gerrard is just a grudging admiration from a distance, so I may have missed some bad dives?

This. Was hoping someone would post it.

As its been pointed out some players for several reasons get an easier time from the media when it comes to diving, Gerrard obviously being one of them.

The media's reaction to his two goals against Wimbledon is pretty funny as well, more so because Liverpool will probably still miss him despite how far his level of performance has fell. Wasn't it just 6 months ago the media were linking him with top clubs in Europe :lol:

I think he's been a highly influential player for Liverpool, and you don't get 100 caps for England if you're a passenger. He may well be a bunny rabbit, I've never met him.

Have to laugh at that. He, and the rest of the "golden generation" who got over 100 or very near to that caps are the very definition of insanity being the act of doing something again and again and expecting different results.

Its actually quite sad that on a football message board some wont post about the actual subject.

I posted that IMO Stevie G is the greatest British midfielder.

The ones who don;t agree with my opinion are unable to stick to footballing reasons.read some of the posts on here

Scouse C..T what has that got to do with football

2 footed tackle on Naysmith it was naughty but being in the engine room i am sure he is not the only midfielder to do that.

Nightclub / DJ Don't know what papers some buy but i am sure he was not guilty.

Some mention a local gangster > has he fathered one of Gerrards children, did he threaten Gerrard all sad rumours.

Paving Slab > Saddo..

Media Frenzy on scoring 2 goals this week > Is that Gerrards fault

I could imagine that those on here who posted the above take ages with their all time dream team.

Zidane can't have him he headbutted the italian fellow.

Maradona can't have him he cheated against England and takes drugs.

Pele can't have him he blagged his injury before he came back on the pitch and scored a overhead goal in Escape To Victory

Giggs can't have him he shagged his sister in law

Keane can't have him for his tackle on Haaland

Ronaldo can't have him he is a diver

Messi can't have him he is a tax dodger

Terry Henry can't have him he cheated against ROI

However you can still have King Kenny Dalglish in your team cant think of any faults in his life well besides for some on here he played for Celtic and Liverpool.. :ok:

More like you've ignored the footballing reasons given.

Exactly. I posted on the previous Stevie G wankathon thread about 10 British midfielders who were all "better" than him. I'll do it again (in no particular order).

Lampard

Scholes

Hoddle

Barnes

Adam

Best

Baxter

Johnston

Souness

Giggs

Exactly. I posted on the previous Stevie G wankathon thread about 10 British midfielders who were all "better" than him. I'll do it again (in no particular order).

Lampard

Scholes

Hoddle

Barnes

Adam :shocked::lol:

Best

Baxter

Johnston

Souness

Giggs

Who's Johnston? I've got a mental block on that one.

All the others seem fair enough if open for debate!

Its actually quite sad that on a football message board some wont post about the actual subject.

I posted that IMO Stevie G is the greatest British midfielder.

The ones who don;t agree with my opinion are unable to stick to footballing reasons.read some of the posts on here

Scouse C..T what has that got to do with football

2 footed tackle on Naysmith it was naughty but being in the engine room i am sure he is not the only midfielder to do that.

Nightclub / DJ Don't know what papers some buy but i am sure he was not guilty.

Some mention a local gangster > has he fathered one of Gerrards children, did he threaten Gerrard all sad rumours.

Paving Slab > Saddo..

Media Frenzy on scoring 2 goals this week > Is that Gerrards fault

I could imagine that those on here who posted the above take ages with their all time dream team.

Zidane can't have him he headbutted the italian fellow.

Maradona can't have him he cheated against England and takes drugs.

Pele can't have him he blagged his injury before he came back on the pitch and scored a overhead goal in Escape To Victory

Giggs can't have him he shagged his sister in law

Keane can't have him for his tackle on Haaland

Ronaldo can't have him he is a diver

Messi can't have him he is a tax dodger

Terry Henry can't have him he cheated against ROI

However you can still have King Kenny Dalglish in your team cant think of any faults in his life well besides for some on here he played for Celtic and Liverpool.. :ok: