Craig Murray - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You consistently pick up on one point but conveniently ignore the SNP policies and views on immigration, welfare, Europe, education, nuclear weapons, etc........So ignoring the one point you constantly raise for one moment, how would you describe the SNP's position in terms of the political spectrum on these issues?

:lol: FFS. Its people like you who keep bringing it back to that one point :lol:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is tin foil hat at all. I think it is naive in the extreme to dismiss it in such a way. I also have very little time for Tasmina all she cares about is her career as far as I can see

I am not dismissing it entirely. I accept it is a possibility - I even explained why - but I think it is remote compared the other explanations for Murray's presence on Scotland's political map. Phart touched on it earlier: why even bother blowing the whistle and wrecking your career if you are really just a company man? Unless his recent activities have been his way of building bridges with the establishment, i.e. he has allowed himself to be 'planted' to carry out their dirty work for them.

I am no Tasmina fan either; she reminds me a bit of the character in the Who's Substitute. But she is the kind of malleable character who will do as she's telt, the kind all senior managers tend to favour, unlike the maverick Murray. I don't think either are the best candidates to stand in Falkirk, a constituency the SNP have a really good chance of winning - if they get their selection right.

I don't think it is tin foil hat at all. I think it is naive in the extreme to dismiss it in such a way. I also have very little time for Tasmina all she cares about is her career as far as I can see

You can't dismiss it, but you can't actually assess it as there is no information, unlike 9/11 being an inside job :wink2:

The SNP are about as left wing as any party dares these days...yet you the most left wing person on here spends all day attacking them. Ok we get it you don't like them. But what are you offering or suggesting instead? It is piss easy like Alan to attack attack attack on here while keeping your flag hidden but who do you say we should vote for Scunnered?

We all know who you dont like...

I think they will move to the right when they have more accountability for raising taxation and spending tax payers money.

I think they will move to the right when they have more accountability for raising taxation and spending tax payers money.

With 100,000 members wanting the exact opposite ?

Madness and wont happen

Only a Unionist would think/want/hope that ....

Madness and wont happen

Its nothing to do with that. When you have a finite amount of cash you tend to adopt a more right of centre approach to your finances. It will be a challenge for any Scottish Govt never mind the existing one who spent a lot of time wooing the traditional labour voter.

Edited by EddardStark

So you agree then that the SNP are liberal in their immigration policies? How does this sit with other right of centre parties in UK and across Europe?

I've no idea about the SNP's immigration policy it's completely hypothetical at the moment. But this may be news for you, politicians and parties lie. Look, I'll show you how easy it is:

"The SNP fully support the implementation of a living wage". - Vote against the Labour and Trade Union supported living wage bill twice.

Madness and wont happen

I think that, and I'm not a Unionist :)

Edited by Scunnered

If the Lib Dems weren't so loyal to party leadership or "Group Discipline" they might have not have lemminged themselves over the edge and let their own leadership destroy their party in exchange for short-term political clout at Westminster. Contradicting previous claims by leadership;tuition fees etc

There are 53 seats (i think) in which the SNP don't have an incumbent. So 53 new candidates , I rather suspect it's local level party politics at play (considering someone from the SNP was briefing the Scotsman and had ignored an email by Murray asking how they wanted to "handle" the rejection) they have a preferred candidate and that's why the reasoning is rather suspect, the conclusion is leading the reasoning and not the other way round.

Centralisation seems to be a huge theme here. Centralising not just the public services but also the opinions of MSP's.

Kristofer Keane @KristoferKeane

@BletherEmbra @WingsScotland This is why I'll never be an SNP candidate. They asked if I'd consider grilling sausage and I was like HELL NO.

Another of the "echo chamber" folk a bunch of "moronic" partisans with tens of thousands of vaccous tweets to their circle of 2k followers, all saying the same thing all taking turns to do the thinking, how sweet and quaint it is lol.

Scunnered is twitter the place you're encoutering the SNP folk you're talking about? the political version of wannabe big brother contestants.

Its nothing to do with that. When you have a finite amount of cash you tend to adopt a more right of centre approach to your finances. It will be a challenge for any Scottish Govt never mind the existing one who spent a lot of time wooing the traditional labour voter.

No idea how you come to that conclusion. Every Gov has a finite amount of cash and chose to spend it in very different ways. They are not all compelled to move to the right.

Scunnered is twitter the place you're encoutering the SNP folk you're talking about? the political version of wannabe big brother contestants.

Partially, there are plenty loose in public as well.

I'm chairing the first meeting of what will be my local RIC branch next week... I'm fully expecting to die during it, suicide by facepalming.

On the Twitter subject, yesterday I encountered a UKIP member from Manchester who said "It must be UKIP or SNP". I see this morning that sentiment has been echoed by Sharon Ayre, the UKIP convenor for Scotland West, who is encouraging UKIP members to vote SNP in seats they aren't contesting as a protest vote against Labour.

Can't imagine that will sit well with most on here.

Partially, there are plenty loose in public as well.

I'm chairing the first meeting of what will be my local RIC branch next week... I'm fully expecting to die during it, suicide by facepalming.

On the Twitter subject, yesterday I encountered a UKIP member from Manchester who said "It must be UKIP or SNP". I see this morning that sentiment has been echoed by Sharon Ayre, the UKIP convenor for Scotland West, who is encouraging UKIP members to vote SNP in seats they aren't contesting as a protest vote against Labour.

Can't imagine that will sit well with most on here.

Yeah but that's the stupidity of UKIP thinking that They align in any meaningful way with the SNP. Or just wanting to stick it to labour and voting SNP gives the best chance.

Yeah but that's the stupidity of UKIP thinking that They align in any meaningful way with the SNP. Or just wanting to stick it to labour and voting SNP gives the best chance.

Sticking it to Labour I imagine, UKIP will want as little to do with SNP as SNP will with them.

Plenty of daft alliances all over the place. Labour & The National Front in Aberdeen is one that's brought Cove Sheep great joy. Local authorities have been the worst for it. Labour coalitions with Tories to beat SNP, SNP coalitions with Tories to beat Labour. Have a bit of integrity and run a minority.

Was alright until this bit:

"None of us came out of the interview shouting "Holy crap! the SNP want us to support the Bedroom Tax!"

No one done that.

They did - did you not see the Labour Party press release.

I also had fold on twitter saying exactly that as did Gillian which is why she wrote it